• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lawai Beach Resort in June - no a/c? Exchanges?

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
We're considering tacking on a week in Kauai and I'm checking out availability. Lawai has plenty of 1 bedrooms, but I'm concerned about the lack of a/c. We've been at KBV in October which only had a/c in the bedrooms and it was unbearable with the sun hitting the living room in the mornings. We couldn't get good airflow even with the windows open. Am I crazy to consider Lawai?

I've also read the stories about the Coral building for exchangers, is that still the case? We would use Trading Places. Are units pre-assigned or first come-first served? The noise concerns me too.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I'm interested in your questions, too. We're Shell Hawaii owners so can book Lawai Beach Resort with those points and are considering it for spring 2021 but would like to know whether we'd be assigned a specific building as well as effects of no A/C.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
We stay in June/July and would not consider staying anywhere without central AC. Whatever the extra cost, it's worth having uninterrupted sleep during the one time a year you can vacation.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We've been in Poipu for 3 1/2 weeks now. There's only 4-5 nights we've needed A/C, but on those nights, it would have been hard to sleep without it. We have overhead fans, and get a good breeze, but the humidity can get so high, everything is sticky. If you're like us, and do not like high humidity, you'll need to get a place with A/C.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We've been in Poipu for 3 1/2 weeks now. There's only 4-5 nights we've needed A/C, but on those nights, it would have been hard to sleep without it. We have overhead fans, and get a good breeze, but the humidity can get so high, everything is sticky. If you're like us, and do not like high humidity, you'll need to get a place with A/C.
Thanks for the information! I grew up in New Orleans, so I hate being sticky. A timeshare with A/C it is! I've also found per the Shell member site that availability at Lawai Beach Resort is limited for SVC trades, so I'll plan to use our RCI weeks and try for the Point at Poipu.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
. . . We've been at KBV in October which only had a/c in the bedrooms and it was unbearable with the sun hitting the living room in the mornings. We couldn't get good airflow even with the windows open. . . .
Aloha,
The following is extracted from the KBV newsletter at http://media.campaigner.com/media/60/600565/174687 Wyn_KBV IOA Newsletter.Q1 2020.llk.FINA.pdf

New Air Conditioning
In the survey the Board conducted over a year ago the number one priority voiced by our owners was the need for better air conditioning in the villas. For various reasons, the delivery of our new air conditioners to the resort had been delayed, but they are on site now and the contractor is working every day installing them. Our new General Manager, Rhonda Brown, is tracking daily progress with the goal of having all A/Cs installed by summer. The new units have a condenser which will be installed on the lanai of each unit. They are connected to air handlers in key locations inside the villas. The bedrooms and the main living area will each have an air handler, allowing individual temperature control in each room. The split system A/Cs are more efficient, which will reduce electrical and operating costs. Only the condenser sitting on the lanai will be exposed to the salt air so, maintenance costs will be lower. This is a great example your reserve contributions improving Kauai Beach Villas.