• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Latest Worldmark Transfer Times using DocuSign? I don’t want to close before Sept 1st or will loose points?

gkmccool

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has recently completed a Worldmark purchase using DocuSign. How long did the process take? I am getting ready to sign a resale contract today for an account with a Sept 1st Anniversary date. The seller has 6,000 2019 points and will receive 6,000 more points on Sept 1st. I am afraid that if the contract closes before the 1st of September, I will not be eligible for the seller’s anniversary points that will be deposited to the account on the 1st of September. I am getting a good deal but am not willing to lose this year’s points? I know that I can keep the accounts separate and combine them later, but that's probably not worth the trouble for 6,000 points? Thanks

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Has recently completed a Worldmark purchase using DocuSign. How long did the process take? I am getting ready to sign a resale contract today for an account with a Sept 1st Anniversary date. The seller has 6,000 2019 points and will receive 6,000 more points on Sept 1st. I am afraid that if the contract closes before the 1st of September, I will not be eligible for the seller’s anniversary points that will be deposited to the account on the 1st of September. I am getting a good deal but am not willing to lose this year’s points? I know that I can keep the accounts separate and combine them later, but that's probably not worth the trouble for 6,000 points? Thanks

You are right on the edge of the transfer time. What is the anniversary date for your current account? You can designate which is the surviving account. Is there a reason you want your current account to be the surviving account?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you ask the seller to delay the transfer paperwork for a month if you are willing to pay the maintenance fee for the extra month before transfer? It is taking 4-5 months to transfer resales. Starting the process mid-July should ensure that the September 1, 2020 credits are deposited before the transfer completes and will carry over to the combined account. The 2019 credits will carry over, because they have a 2-year life.

It also depends on the anniversary of your current account. I think the rule is that combines cannot be completed until both accounts have received the allotted credits for the year. So if your current account is December, for example, the combine will not take place until after December 1, and the resale account will have the 12,000 September credits when the accounts are combined. The September credits will appear as assigned credits in the combined account with September 30, 2021 and September 30,2022 expiration dates.

gkmccool

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you ask the seller to delay the transfer paperwork for a month if you are willing to pay the maintenance fee for the extra month before transfer? It is taking 4-5 months to transfer resales. Starting the process mid-July should ensure that the September 1, 2020 credits are deposited before the transfer completes and will carry over to the combined account. The 2019 credits will carry over, because they have a 2-year life.

It also depends on the anniversary of your current account. I think the rule is that combines cannot be completed until both accounts have received the allotted credits for the year. So if your current account is December, for example, the combine will not take place until after December 1, and the resale account will have the 12,000 September credits when the accounts are combined. The September credits will appear as assigned credits in the combined account with September 30, 2021 and September 30,2022 expiration dates.
Thank you for getting back to me I appreciate it. After discussing our position we have decided not to move forward with our purchase at this time to save a headache and possibly find a better deal!

gkmccool

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right on the edge of the transfer time. What is the anniversary date for your current account? You can designate which is the surviving account. Is there a reason you want your current account to be the surviving account?
As always Geist you show good insite. There was no specific reason not to select a surviving account. I didn't even know that was possible so I keep learning something new every day about my Worldmark account! :) Right now we will just wait and see what we will do. Thanks much!