• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

latest sales spiel

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Vegas at grand desert. Was so shocked to be asked to do a sales presentation (I have been on the no fly list for years). That I decided to take the $100 and breakfast for all 5 of us (only wife and I had to attend bullwhip session). Breakfast was decent, my brother, his girlfriend and my daughter ate and left. We attended a group presentation that was low sales key and reasonably informative, during which we turned on a couple sitting next to us to tug.
Our sales weasel bailed quickly after pulling our account and we got the manager almost from the start. She was pushing CWA hard. Latest thing is you can peel off parts of a developer bought CWA contract and turn it in via ovation. Kept going on and on how wonderful this would be for the kids if we die. I explained that they are only owners on one small contract with very low MF and I doubted they would want the rest. She kept making offers and came down really far for a developer buy and we had to repeat many times no new debt.
Finally she got the message and on the way to gifting our original sales weasel tried to tell me that just because the deed that the kids are on is in our account that they would still be responsible for MF on the other contracts (which they are not on the deeds) if we died. I explained that that is not the way it works if the kids don't accept their inheritance of the other contracts. I said yes the estate is on the hook, but not the kids. He started arguing with me and spouting even more scare tactics claiming Wyndham rules allow this. I told him probate handled this sort of thing, not Wyndham.
I wonder how many who don't know how things work this line of lies has convinced to "upgrade". Made me angry, especially as I am an attorney (which I pointed out to them) and they are dispensing false legal advice, without a license even. I gave them really bad marks on the survey at gifting. I realize it was my own damn fault for going, but this was serious bull.
I did learn one thing new from the group presentation. 4 Weeks ago, Wyndham began a program that actually allows you to trade in select non-Wyndham timeshares toward a Wyndham purchase. Not a variation on PIC, actually taking the foreign timeshare in trade, just like at a car dealer. Did not get any details, as I don't have any non-Wyndham TS.

Last edited:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Just tell them "look, if you can produce a written statement from the Wyndham Legal Dept. that states there are absolutely no legal remedies for my heirs to refuse a timeshare deed, then I'll buy a 700,000 point CWA contract. If you can't, I'll take another $500 in gift cards. Deal?"

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
This is scare tactic that the PPCs also use, convincing older folks to fork over thousands of dollar to dispose of their units so the kids won't be stuck with the fees.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they would modify their sales tactics if they were told that they were being recorded.

I wonder if recording their sales pitches is even illegal.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I wonder if they would modify their sales tactics if they were told that they were being recorded.

Pull out a recorder and tell them you are recording what everyone says. If they don't want to be recorded that's their option. It might get you to gifting faster. I'll never know because I wont' go to one.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

As of 2010 twelve states — California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington — generally prohibit individuals from recording conversations unless all parties to the communication consent to the recording. These states are typically referred to as “all-party consent” or “two-party consent” states.

The remaining thirty-eight states (including Wisconsin), along with the District of Columbia, are considered “one-party consent” states. In these states, individuals may legally record a conversation to which they are a party so long as one of the parties to the communication consents to the recording. Because the consenting party in these states can also be the individual doing the recording, the conversation may be — and often is — recorded without the knowledge or consent of any other party. This is also the rule under federal law.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
In many cases I don't think the sales people are lying I think they have been trained (programmed) to say these things. And I think they believe their own crap

This is I think a bigger problem than the salesman lying nSubtle difference I know but I think it's a bigger problem when the culture is one of mid information instead of a rogue salesman here and there

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
In many cases I don't think the sales people are lying I think they have been trained (programmed) to say these things. And I think they believe their own crap

This is I think a bigger problem than the salesman lying nSubtle difference I know but I think it's a bigger problem when the culture is one of mid information instead of a rogue salesman here and there

I agree. It did sound like he almost believed what he was saying.:rofl:

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
"4 Weeks ago, Wyndham began a program that actually allows you to trade in select non-Wyndham timeshares toward a Wyndham purchase. Not a variation on PIC, actually taking the foreign timeshare in trade, just like at a car dealer. Did not get any details, as I don't have any non-Wyndham TS. "

They told me the same thing when I went around July 13th in Vegas. They said they could take deeded property such as my Marriott's. He wasn't sure on club type memberships like MROP. I didn't want to stay any longer for him to go ask his manager if my MROP would qualify.