• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Timeshare Presentation at Pinon Pointe Will Be Our LAST

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add this when I started the thread... when we mentioned that since COVID they no longer have an owner meeting with the manager anymore (which we always loved)... he said...

Wait for it..................

"There are no owners to attend... do you think a couple of people are just going to sit and have a meeting?"

In years past, we had ALWAYS had a robust crowd attend the manager's meeting! And we spoke to SO many owners while we were there! So obviously we are still around - LOL!

And did I mention that Pinon Point was more crowded than we had ever seen it during our deeded week timeframe?

And the day before checkout, we saw the notice had just been posted that manager's meetings were to begin this upcoming week at Pinon Pointe!

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is helpful. We are not Hyatt owners but have a discounted stay plus presentation coming up. Can they sell deeds? Can they sell Maui? If not, if we say that we only buy deeds and would only consider Maui would that release us from the presentation sooner?
There's a time criteria to get the gift so if you skip out early, no deal. I would do time in the chair, then come up some feeble excuse why you can't do it now. I use the one that I don't make a 5-digit financial decision in 20 minutes....PERIOD. Then see if they will give you an "Access Package" maybe to Maui. I went to the Maui presentation then a week later the offer for an "6-day Access Package to Maui" showed up.

I would keep searching for a Maui resale. There's lots of them out there. Just do your homework so you know what to look for.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
There's a time criteria to get the gift so if you skip out early, no deal. I would do time in the chair, then come up some feeble excuse why you can't do it now. I use the one that I don't make a 5-digit financial decision in 20 minutes....PERIOD. Then see if they will give you an "Access Package" maybe to Maui. I went to the Maui presentation then a week later the offer for an "6-day Access Package to Maui" showed up.

I would keep searching for a Maui resale. There's lots of them out there. Just do your homework so you know what to look for.

Thank you for the informative response. Would love a Maui package because we own at the Westin Kaanapali and would love to extend our stay next year. Do you know what size units they offer? Also are the packages good for up to one year? I may time our Pinion stay around this.

When we went on our last Hyatt Maui package about 4 years ago they gave us a 2 bdrm...awesome! Love that resort.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are 2BR units. The package is good for 2 years, but can be extended to 3 years. As of now the price is $2999. I asked if I could transfer it and they said no. I'm thinking about passing on it.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Thank you for the informative response. Would love a Maui package because we own at the Westin Kaanapali and would love to extend our stay next year. Do you know what size units they offer? Also are the packages good for up to one year? I may time our Pinion stay around this.

When we went on our last Hyatt Maui package about 4 years ago they gave us a 2 bdrm...awesome! Love that resort.
We bought a Hyatt Maui package for 2 bedroom 2499 and a Nanea 2 bedroom for 1995 . We added them to a 1 bedroom exchange at Hyatt Ka'anapali and a studio stay at north. We also got an Interval week in Maui. The packages are great when bringing family and friends

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Funny thing was that we met 4 other couples that night and NONE of them were in HPP… so where are these 90% they speak of??? LOL!
Its more like 20%

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Next time someone goes to one of these, ask to see the list of actual units HPP has at each resort. Most resorts only have a few percent of total units. I think at Pinion Point its 3% others have less. So when they push the flexibility its based on very limited availability of units accept for San Antonio and maybe two others. This is a few years old, but I'm not hearing many legacy owners taking the bait. [HPC Contract Talk] Inventory - HRC and HPC Inventory as of June 2019 | Timeshare Users Group Discussion Forums (tugbbs.com)

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Next time someone goes to one of these, ask to see the list of actual units HPP has at each resort. Most resorts only have a few percent of total units. I think at Pinion Point its 3% others have less. So when they push the flexibility its based on very limited availability of units accept for San Antonio and maybe two others. This is a few years old, but I'm not hearing many legacy owners taking the bait. [HPC Contract Talk] Inventory - HRC and HPC Inventory as of June 2019 | Timeshare Users Group Discussion Forums (tugbbs.com)
Not only the number of HPP units but the quality of those weeks. Remember, HPP originally received stale inventory that Hyatt could not sell. Given the Trust and Hyatt no longer selling weeks, those weeks will hang around like moldy bread.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We attended a sales presentation at Pinon Pointe this week and the sales rep said she didn’t have information regarding the number of units or seasons at resorts that are in the HPP.

We were offered a universal package or a Sedona package, both for 4 nights.

The universal package was for a 1BR at Sedona, San Antonio, Carmel or Bonita Springs. The cost was $995 plus $99 processing fee. It also included a room at the Hyatt Regency on Maui for an extra $800. There was no mention of the residence club on Maui. You also receive either a $125 certificate or 25k World of Hyatt points. Good for 18 months.

The Sedona package is a 1BR for 4 nights for the same base price. March, April, October and November cost an extra $300. You also receive 25k WoH points (although they marked it up to 48k) or $250 certificates. If you purchase during the presentation you are required to attend you receive 1,500 PP bonus on top of any other incentive for buying. Good for 18 months.

By the way, the rep we had was much better than the one described by the OP.

Best regards.

Mike

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We attended a sales presentation at Pinon Pointe this week and the sales rep said she didn’t have information regarding the number of units or seasons at resorts that are in the HPP.

We were offered a universal package or a Sedona package, both for 4 nights.

The universal package was for a 1BR at Sedona, San Antonio, Carmel or Bonita Springs. The cost was $995 plus $99 processing fee. It also included a room at the Hyatt Regency on Maui for an extra $800. There was no mention of the residence club on Maui. You also receive either a $125 certificate or 25k World of Hyatt points. Good for 18 months.

The Sedona package is a 1BR for 4 nights for the same base price. March, April, October and November cost an extra $300. You also receive 25k WoH points (although they marked it up to 48k) or $250 certificates. If you purchase during the presentation you are required to attend you receive 1,500 PP bonus on top of any other incentive for buying. Good for 18 months.

By the way, the rep we had was much better than the one described by the OP.

Best regards.

Mike
LOL, They are selling only HPP and they don't have any data on the units!? I hope you asked, why you should buy something they can't fully explain?

I assume the 1,500 PP bonus is for buying a contract rather than the promotional package.

Did they say anything about Welk/HVC?

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
LOL, They are selling only HPP and they don't have any data on the units!? I hope you asked, why you should buy something they can't fully explain?

I assume the 1,500 PP bonus is for buying a contract rather than the promotional package.

Did they say anything about Welk/HVC?

No, we didn’t say that directly, but certainly implied it. Yes, the 1,500 PP bonus is for buying a contract.

They did mention Welk as part of the part of the growth plan. I imagine there won’t be any organic growth in the near future, since they spent so much on acquiring Welk and will focus on rebranding those resorts and bringing them up to standard. The rep is familiar with the Welk property in Palm Springs (really in Cathedral City) and noted that it is the farthest away from Hyatt standards. As a former Welk owner, we absolutely agree with that assessment.

Best regards.

Mike

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
I don’t think $100 or 10k points would be enough to sit thru it though I value hotel points at .02. Too much aggravation.
I love the lie about never having a chance to convert again. Really? HRC will forgo $$$$ profit just because you hurt his feelings? Riiiight. Reminds me of the Marriott guy who said I would never receive another preview offer. They still come like clockwork every few month.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I don’t think $100 or 10k points would be enough to sit thru it though I value hotel points at .02. Too much aggravation.
I love the lie about never having a chance to convert again. Really? HRC will forgo $$$$ profit just because you hurt his feelings? Riiiight. Reminds me of the Marriott guy who said I would never receive another preview offer. They still come like clockwork every few month.
You can negotiate . They went to 150 for us, we still declined but don't forget to ask for what your time is worth

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can negotiate . They went to 150 for us, we still declined but don't forget to ask for what your time is worth
$150 is my minimum and then I have to feel they will have something interesting to say.