• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last minute bookings

Cy_toronto

Reaction score
Hello
I am so glad I found this forum.
I was at a presentation today seriously considered purchasing and decided not to last minute after I came across this forum and read about resales. I am considering purchasing a resale.

I am an avid traveler however tend to travel last minute on flight fare errors or seat sales.

When I was at the presentation the conclusion I came to was purchasing less points and making use of last minute bookings would be my best option.

I can't remember all the details and was hoping someone can help.

There was some sort of promo for last min booking (30 days or so) where you can travel during peak season and pay low season prices.
Is this something that that I can benefit from as a resale purchaser.... Can't remember if this was a special offer wyndham was offering as a perk?

RCI last call... Would I be eligible to book this???

What about nightly bookings instead of weeks. Would this be a possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was something call Resort Specials at one point (doubt it does much good peak seasons). I am VIP so it did not have much use for me. I have not heard much one way or the other on this since the roll out of the new site. For what you are describing, I would suggest renting from 3rd parties until you have a better feel for what you want.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
this was just discussed. this may help.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/purchasing-wyndham-through-resale.260794/

there are a host of posts with similar questions. Check out the search feature. Also consider looking at the exchange section of TUG. They will have insights into exchanging/last call options.

my advice - rent if you are last minute. I think you will find it better, more options, less cost, and no downside should you not be able to find what you want in RCI. (Downside = you keep paying MFs) Renting you only pay for what you use.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cy-Toronto ...
Being in Canada?, Wyndham would not offer you any local bookings. Everything would involve using their resort, an resort exchange fee, currency exchange costs and mostly airline flights to their larger Wyndham resort clusters. Yes, their professional resort pictures look very nice ... so to most 100lb models in print.

Rent for at least 10 different resorts stays. Take pictures and write a review for YOURSELF both at the resort and after you get home. What looks great or goes unnoticed in your first 10 resorts stays ... will change over that time. Being held captive by the front desk trying to get you to a "sales presentation" becomes a PIA quickly ... read some of the 'twists' and learn how to avoid being trapped into an "UPDATE".

And do not rule out staying at some of the independent resorts ... many have MFs $100s per interval CHEAPER on MFs. I own Wyndham points, Wyndham fixed weeks and at an VRI Resort (my independent resort) with RCI Points & RCI Weeks. My VRI resort is the cheapest on MFs ... plus I have RCI points associated to some of those weeks.

Cy_toronto

Reaction score
Thanks everyone
I really appreciate the info

I am goinh to try the renting option to get more farmiliar before diving into ownership.