• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Las Vegas in December

ValDar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, I need some advice. I got an exchange from SFX for the HGVC at Flamingo for mid December, on hold until Monday,with a week that expires the end of December. When I put in the request I didn't realize how chilly Las Vegas gets in December. Silly me. I winter in Florida, so a high in the 50's seems chilly. I'm also not much of a gambler. Is there enough to do this time of year? I have read the TUG reviews on the timeshare, so it's not that. It's mainly the weather that has me concerned. Any help much appreciated!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Even if it's colder than you are used to, it will still be sunny and beautiful. So pack your coat and your sunglasses and come on our here. What kinds of activities were you planning on doing?

Swimming outside is about the only thing I can think of that would probably not be fun in December. The central air conditioning systems here provide both hot and cold settings, so you'll be comfortable indoors.

kapish

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been to Vegas twice during Christmas. Most days were sunny but cool. We had sweaters and jackets.

Las Vegas could be sunny, windy, overcast and rainy. (Come to a gambling town, and what do we expect! ;) )

Bring jacket and an umbrella, I guess.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Went last year for 10 days in early Dec. No outdoor swimming as it seems none of the pools are heated at Wyndham Grand Desert.

Took a tour of Red Rock Canyon .. perfect weather for that.
Did the PRB Rodeo one night. Not too bad.
Did a musicly oldies one night.
Was too cheap to do one of the Cir shows.
Should have thought less about going to the Celone Dionne show
Wish I was there in 08 to see Bette Midler who replaced Celone.
Loved seeing the lions at MGM
Ate breakfast at the mall with the ceiling that did 24hr day in 20 minutes, complete with a thunderstorm
Ate at the Hard Rock
Went to the Rio for their buffet
Walk the Strip - watched the fountain show
Did downtown LV - was smaller than I thought
Went to a free gambling lesson for several games
Went shopping at an outlet mall
Did a Westgate T/S tour - took 4 hours
Hid from the overly aggressive Wyndham T/S guy-7AM he was trolling the lobby - and found me picking up the newpaper
SW lost my luggage on a nonstop flight home, when I checked in 3 hours before take off.

Was an okay trip. Prefer the beach in South Florida. Went by myself and was joined by my LAX sister and her 21 yo daughter for 4 nights.

ValDar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments so far. I really like outdoor activities, so the mention of the Red Rock Canyon was great. Any other outdoor activities, tours, etc. that might be good in December would be very helpful. I have one more day to make up my mind!!!

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I would definitely bring a sweatshirt or jacket, but I wouldn't bother with an umbrella. Our rainy season is August. If it rains at all, which isn't likely, it won't be for long. More likely is this:
283269356.jpg

That was taken on my front lawn two winters ago. The year we moved here (2003) we also had snow like this on New Year's Eve. Truthfully, though, it doesn't snow on The Strip, due to the high concentration of tall buildings or something. Maybe it is all that Neon.

There are plenty of free things to do in Vegas which do not require that you gamble, and not all the shows are super expensive. If you are coming the first part of December it is also Rodeo time, so there is a lot of Country music and free entertainment at Fremont Street.

Google "Vegas4Locals" and Free for some good ideas.

Fern

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Red Rock Canyon is just 45 minutes or so from the strip. It had a visitors center and a couple of easy 45+ minute walks/hikes. The road in the park was a loop. There was a small waterfall complete with ice and some ancient Indian drawings along the 1 walk we did. I could have spent more time setting up some photos as the color of the rocks were pretty good, sky was blue and sun was bright.

There were people in the distance doing some rock climbing.

There are bathrooms at the visitor center and one set along the loop. Bring your own water/snacks as there is none available at the park. Visitors center had a outdoor garden being redone last year and a display area & movie inside.

If you love the outdoors, this is certainly not your neon Vegas. I would do the park again. I think there was something a little further away too. But as I am from NJ, I might think the Pacific ocean was nearby, too.;)

spatenfloot

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't gamble and prefer warmer weather, I think you'd be better off choosing a different location for your trip.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would definitely bring a sweatshirt or jacket, but I wouldn't bother with an umbrella. Our rainy season is August. If it rains at all, which isn't likely, it won't be for long. More likely is this:
283269356.jpg

That was taken on my front lawn two winters ago. Google "Vegas4Locals" and Free for some good ideas.

Fern

How much do you charge to see your garden, - rain, shine or snow ?:hysterical:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you don't gamble and prefer warmer weather, I think you'd be better off choosing a different location for your trip.
Oh, Please! Don't discourage tourists from coming to Las Vegas. We need them:)

bongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I live in Hawaii. If I can do it, you can too! Vegas in winter is just fine...I can get by with jeans and a warm jacket. Maybe leggings under the jeans for evenings. Without the humidity, lotion and lip balm is a must for me. Enjoy!