• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Las Flores Beach Hotel Mazatlan

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Celebrity Park Puerto Vallarta
Hola. Will return to Mazatlan in 2024. Have stayed and will stay some in Centro, Inn at Mazatlan, Luna Palace, and El Cid Moro Beach. We want to stay in the Ponchos on The Beach and Athena Golden zone massage area and are looking at Las Flores Beach Hotel. We will probably get there via RCI. All looks great except in the pictures there seem to be 2 high rise buildings with one blocking out the ocean from the other. So A. Is that true and B. Anyone have experience with RCI at this resort and C. Any thoughts from anyone who has stayed there. We are in Northern Mn receiving over a foot of snow today. Foolish us, we thought this would be over when we returned from Maz late March. But it could always be worse.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This place is right in the original Golden Zone, quite near Pancho's. Probably too new to have many reviews. The pictures and descriptions on their website show a variety of room types and amenities. It leads me to believe that you are right, that one building is on the 'street side', and one is on the ocean side, at least partially blocking the ocean view from some rooms. They also look like the best one can hope for is a partial kitchen (at least no oven). I don't 'need' to have ocean view, but it helps cover the sound of revelers late at night in that area.

We have booked at Mayan :sick: for 'Eclipse week' (April '24) hoping something better opens up before then.

We got a dusting of snow yesterday. Looks like Punxatawnwey Phil was right about 6 more weeks of Winter back in February.

Jim

Mulli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Fountains
Celebrity Park Puerto Vallarta
Hey, haven't those 6 weeks expired yet! Apparently we have the deepest snow pack for this time of year in history. HISTORY.
They say some hope next week. Partial kitchen is fine. We do mostly leftovers from the too much food we were served to much of
the day before for a lunch or breakfast. Chili Peppers breakfast is great for later fruit cocktails etc. We are Vidanta owners and no interest
in their Mazatlan property. If you are RCI we have liked Luna Palace and just booked a February one bedroom. Both my wife and I were very
happy at LP and then went to Inn at Mazatlan for a week into a 2 bedroom 3 bath with a huge deck for probably the best RCI room
assignment ever. Just short of actual penthouse. We started in 1992. So we hope to hit on that too and then somewhere workable
down in the Las Flores area through RCI. Like many, too many points/credits accumulated the past couple of years. When February opens
up we will probably go Las Flores for a week and try for the best assignment. Either way, it will be great and better than Mn in February.
Our other "need" is massages and Athena Golden zone is very good as really all that we have found near any location we are in. We are old
enough and vacation enough to wisely appreciate all the opportunities we still get to have. Any more on Luna Palace I might know more.
Or not