• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Largest rocket NASA has ever launched scheduled for Aug.29th, 2022

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Anybody in the NE Florida area might be interested in this. Copied from one of the Florida Facebook groups I belong to.

NASA, is set to launch the Artemis 1 mission August 29, 2022 — with a 2 hour launch window opening at 08:33 am. This will be the largest rocket NASA has ever launched and it is expected to draw very large crowds. The Brevard EOC predicts that 100,000 to 200,000 visitors will come to see this launch — and the majority of hotel rooms in the area already sold out for this time frame.
So what do Cape Canaveral residents need to know in order to be prepared?
• Liftoff is from Pad 39B at the Kennedy Space Center.
• Jetty Park will remain open until it reaches capacity.
• BCSO and CFR personnel will be out enforcing the parking lot closures.
• There will be 5 (five) Cruise Ships in Port on Launch Day.
• Heaviest traffic is expected between 5:00 am and 10:00 am the day of the launch.
• Once the launch is completed traffic will be funneled from East on SR 528 to A1A South and then to SR 520.
Residents should plan accordingly and stay off the roadways if possible to avoid being stuck in this congestion.
• EDIT: Port parking is open
#StayTunedForUpdates #PackYourPatience #LiveLaughLaunch #LoveWhereYouLaunch #FrontRowSeats

We have been lucky to have seen 3 launches while on vacation in Florida. Twice when we were in St. Augustine and once while staying in Titusville. Of course the best viewing was from across the Indian River from the Kennedy Space Center where we could even hear the roar of the rocket at lift-off.

~Diane

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A Big thank you for posting as we will be in Orlando.....hum, wondering if we should head somewhere to see it. Don't need to be "right there" but would be cool to even watch from afar someplace.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
A Big thank you for posting as we will be in Orlando.....hum, wondering if we should head somewhere to see it. Don't need to be "right there" but would be cool to even watch from afar someplace.
There are lots of viewing areas. My best friend, who lives on Merritt Island, watches the launches from her backyard.

Brett

Reaction score

you can see rocket launches from Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all - I secured a room on Cocoa Beach and will head there the night before, fingers crossed it goes off as scheduled! Very excited about this diversion from the mouse for a day!

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to see this. Will have to settle for the TV.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This rocket launched will be witnessed by the whole world on television

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly going to be one heckuva show!

i realize there are far more scientific/math/weather issues that dictate launch windows....but man....pick a better time than monday at 8am and youd likely have most of the country watching!

still believe the launch of the spacex starship when its finally ready will straight up break the internet!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
certainly going to be one heckuva show!

i realize there are far more scientific/math/weather issues that dictate launch windows....but man....pick a better time than monday at 8am and youd likely have most of the country watching!

still believe the launch of the spacex starship when its finally ready will straight up break the internet!

Add that to morning rush with people getting to work/school and 5 cruise ships coming in/out that morning!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Luanne, tell your 'First Daughter' that she has fans here. This is exciting!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
@Luanne, tell your 'First Daughter' that she has fans here. This is exciting!
And I should mention, "First Daughter" is a BFD at NASA. For awhile she was the last voice you'd hear at launch giving sign off from Safety for launch.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I should mention, "First Daughter" is a BFD at NASA. For awhile she was the last voice you'd hear at launch giving sign off from Safety for launch.
Yes, you noted early in this thread that she holds a responsible position at NASA. Congrats to her and much continued success. What a gig!

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I am going to have to record the launch, if I can figure out where it is being televised. Too early for me to watch live. If it was in person then yes, I'd be up early to watch it. My best friend's daughter got passes for her family to watch the launch on site at KSC. My friend said they are getting there at 4:30 a.m. for the launch, which I think is at 8:30 a.m.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

FTEddie

Reaction score
Fingers crossed it all goes well. It is exciting to be going back into exploring planets. This is a major first step.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
This kinda reminds me of getting up at oh-dark-thirty to see the fuzzy images of Walter Cronkite announcing the Mercury missions. (yep, I'm THAT old!)

I prolly won't be up early enough to see it live, and there will be highlights- either way.