• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lanai Trip

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
My wife and I were talking about our Maui trip next year and I brought up heading over to Lanai. That's the only island we have left to go to.

She definitely wants to go and asked about going before we go to Maui next year. If we are going to go from Molokai, we would stay one or two nights. I know there isn't a lot there but we would be fine spending 2 nights there.

So I started looking and the Oceanfront Four Seasons is only $1,850 for a Garden view room per night and going up to $2,650 for an Oceanfront Deluxe and then a few options in-between. That does include free airfare from Honolulu. :)

Then there is the Four Seasons Sensei in Lanai City starting at $880 a night. There is a Nobu restaurant at that location.

Lastly, there is Hotel Lanai that is in Lanai City and starts at $380 a night.

We talked about it for a bit and we may stay at Hotel Lanai and go to a dinner at the Nobu.

I started looking at flights and so far all I see is a direct flight to Lanai from Molokai but on the way home we have to go to Kahului then to Molokai. I will check with Mokulele and see if there are other options later in the year.

If this doesn't work we may just go next year when we are on Maui in April. We would just take the ferry over and spend one night there.

We probably would have gone last August but that was before my wife's diagnosis and she just wasn't up for it at that time.

Our daughter will be with us in April and we know she will be fine with checking out another island. After the Maui trip and if we go to Lanai, she will only have the Big Island left to see.

So we'll see, either a short separate trip or a combined trip with Maui.

Slip,

I don't know if any of you are Cat people but if you are you need to check out the Cat Santuary on your trip to Lanai. There is a small Cat Cafe in Honolulu which is indoors and nice but the Cat Santuary on Lanai blows that away. It huge and all outside. There are hundreds of Cats! We took a tour from Maui to get there and spent the entire day between a morning at the Cat Santuary and an afternoon at Lanai City with a brief unch at the Golf Club overlooking the Ocean in between.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insights! Bottom line is I'll be forced to go spend a couple of months there. Oh, the struggle that will be! :D

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Slip,

I don't know if any of you are Cat people but if you are you need to check out the Cat Santuary on your trip to Lanai. There is a small Cat Cafe in Honolulu which is indoors and nice but the Cat Santuary on Lanai blows that away. It huge and all outside. There are hundreds of Cats! We took a tour from Maui to get there and spent the entire day between a morning at the Cat Santuary and an afternoon at Lanai City with a brief unch at the Golf Club overlooking the Ocean in between.

Yes, I believe we are going to do a similar trip now. We will take the ferry over and do a tour from Maui. When we first looked at going a few years ago, staying overnight was still reasonable at about $200 a night. Now its about $400.

We will go during our Maui stay next April. I know my wife and daughter will love the cat Santuary.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Yes, I believe we are going to do a similar trip now. We will take the ferry over and do a tour from Maui. When we first looked at going a few years ago, staying overnight was still reasonable at about $200 a night. Now its about $400.

We will go during our Maui stay next April. I know my wife and daughter will love the cat Santuary.

I know what you are saying about the high costs of rooms in Lanai now. About 10 years ago before it was renovated we spent three nights at the Hotel Lanai for $149/night, which is right in the middle of Lanai City, and that included a nice breakfast each morning. They even let us have a late breakfast the morning we checked in even though we didn't spend the night. At that time the 2 Four Seasons were more expensive but not ridiculous like now. I believe they were between $500-700/night.

I don't know if they stil have the great shuttle service to and from the airport, port, and hotels. At the time it was $35 when you got off the plane for unlimited rides while you were on Lanai. The shuttle enabled us to go to the hotels for a nice dinner at the Sensei Four Seasons, a lunch with a great view at the golf course clubhouse above the Oceanfront Four Seasons, a musical performance at the Sensei Four Seasons , and the beach at the Oceanfront Four Seasons. a We did need to rent a Jeep for one day to go to the outlying areas on the red dirt roads since the shuttle doesn't go off the paved roads.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I know what you are saying about the high costs of rooms in Lanai now. About 10 years ago before it was renovated we spent three nights at the Hotel Lanai for $149/night, which is right in the middle of Lanai City, and that included a nice breakfast each morning. They even let us have a late breakfast the morning we checked in even though we didn't spend the night. At that time the 2 Four Seasons were more expensive but not ridiculous like now. I believe they were between $500-700/night.

I don't know if they stil have the great shuttle service to and from the airport, port, and hotels. At the time it was $35 when you got off the plane for unlimited rides while you were on Lanai. The shuttle enabled us to go to the hotels for a nice dinner at the Sensei Four Seasons, a lunch with a great view at the golf course clubhouse above the Oceanfront Four Seasons, a musical performance at the Sensei Four Seasons , and the beach at the Oceanfront Four Seasons. a We did need to rent a Jeep for one day to go to the outlying areas on the red dirt roads since the shuttle doesn't go off the paved roads.

I agree. I know it's been years but the prices went crazy after all the hotels were bought out. We should have went a few years ago.

Anyway, we will settle on a day trip and see if we want to go back afterward. The prices will only go up from here.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned