• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LAMAN34 screwed me on E Bay.What to do?

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU TUG!!! lamont34 suddenly saw the light!

Posting problems on this BBS really works. I posted a description of my problem with laman34 on this thread1/19/06.On 1/20/06 I get emailed a new contract with two units to replace the one they sent first with only one unit.
It also came with a nice letter from Marijo Bilobrk on behalf of Marijo@vinic.com which is the email adresse laman34 shares with several other EBay sellers.

If I hadn't posted my problem here I think I would still be twisting in the wind. Thank you TUG members for your help. I will keep you posted on how this works out. Mamie Carter

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
The TUG spotlight does often seem to help solve problems.

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You Tug!!!!

This forum really helped me with my problem with laman34. JillChang earlier in this thread sugested that they were reading it and feeling the heat felt compelled to become more reasonable. I first posted 1/19/08. I got an EMail of a new contract from laman34 1/20/06 just after 10 am containing a new contract for two units at Sea Mist. This is presumably the two studios that make up the lockout. I will call sea mist to confirm.

The new contract doesn't reflect the $1775 I already paid to Timeshare Closing Services so I EMailed Scott Greenwood back asking him to revise it to reflect mony alredy paid. Scott does work for laman34. I checked on that.

So it seems that this forum has gotten my purchase back on track. I noticed pittle said that laman34 made a mistake on on a purchase he made and tried to say he bought one when he had bought two. Could this be a common trick they use? If if the buyer gets careless and sighns off on a deal fo half of what they paid for the buyer has no recourse. Anyone remember laman34 making a mistake that benifited the buyer?

I'll keep you all posted on how this sale goes. In the meantime I hope other TUG members use this forum to describe problems they are having with E bay purchases.

CherylH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Laman34, Marijo, and Scott good for me so far

I purchased a week from Laman34 off ebay in October. All went through easily on the sale from the seller named Marijo, but now as I talk with the resort, there is a question on my use of the summer week for 2006. Of course my contract paperwork said I did have use of the week beginning in 2006. I have been trying to resolve this through the resellers and the resort and I am finding the resellers responsive and polite, even though they completed the purchase paperwork in early December. Scott has verbally assured me that the problem will be taken care of, but I am waiting for more information next week.

At this point, I am not at all unhappy with their service. I can't comment on the methods they used to obtain the property, but as far as the sale, it seems to have been a fair transaction. The auction was up for 5 days and only had two bidders, so I got it at a low price. I will report again when I know the final outcome, as my family is very anxious to use this new location for their summer vacation.

CherylH

CherylH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Laman34 final resolution of October Ebay purchase

Because I wrote before about an error in my purchase paperwork for a timeshare I bought from Laman34, I thought I would report the final resolution in my case. The purchase was to begin use in year 2006 with owner stating it was available. Although I tried two times to get information from the resort, I was not allowed any information from the resort until the deed was presented in my name which occurred around Jan. 18, then I was told the 2006 week had been banked with RCI. That was indeed true and I am not permitted to have use of the week until 2007. This ruined my family's vacation plans for this year as the resort was in driving distance, which was needed for my extended family.

To resolve the situation, Scott (from the resale company) paid the 2006 maintenance fee on my account. He offered to have the banked week transferred to my RCI account, but that was not satisfactory to me, as it is very unlikely to get another week at that resort (I have had a request in to RCI for 2 years for a summer week there). So although I am disappointed about the incorrect information, I believe the Laman34 group were responsive and worked to keep me a satisfied buyer. I had not read on these boards about requiring an estoppel letter, which is the step I will pursue in the future.

As I said earlier, I got the week at an unbelievably good price, so I will look to Laman34 again if they offer another week that I desire. Happy ending to the story.
CherylH

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
a little editing

Hi CherylH
So perhaps you could edit the title of your very first post so that it reflects your final assessment of Laman34.

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cheryl is not the OP

eal,
Mamie Carter is the OP. She hasn't posted a final resolution with her problems.

Last edited:

smsgt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Paypal will refund your money

I dont know what you have to do to contact paypal but if you used it to pay for any services, go to you paypal account and I am sure it will tell you what you have to do.

I have had two people who have sent merchandise to either an individual and or a foreign company and as soon as they wrote paypal stating that the item was not received, POW, pay pal gave them their money back. As the shipper/or seller, you get screwed. The buyer can receive the item, say he did not, and paypal will refund the money. From what I have been told by two different sellers, documentation to pay pal was not enough for them to reverse the payment.

Personally, anyone who buys a studio unit is makeing a Big, Big, Big mistake. I personally would never buy a studio unit, or even a lbr. 95 percent of the time, you can usually find someone to rent a unit in your area of travel for less than the acutal maintence fee's, and it certainly will not be a stuido unit.

Some last minute use or lose deals can be obtained for free or less than 300, so why buy a studio, when you can use a use or lose 1 or 2 bedroom deal for less than 1/2 of your maintence fees,

travelbug

TUG Member
Reaction score
estoppel letter

CherylH said:
I had not read on these boards about requiring an estoppel letter, which is the step I will pursue in the future.

Can someone explain what an estoppel letter is?

Travelbug

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had several dealings with Laman (marijo), Bonefish (Chris), and Chad Newbold.
I found them always honest in the sales process. The couple times we've had glitches.. they were all over it to get it taken care of.
Problems always come up when buying and selling real estate.
There is only so much they can do.

The VI Network actually has a guarantee on thier timeshare sales , they offer a full refund if you have any problems with what is advertised, compared to what you get.
Most sellers would get your $$, blow you off and that'll be the end of it.
I wouldn't hesistate at all buying from anyone in the VI Network group.