• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeview Resort Morgantown, West Virginia

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this resort? How hard is it to get into?
Probably pretty hard because looks small and only one in the area. My grandson is going to there college this coming year and it seems like a great opportunity for us to visit him and he'll know his way around by then. We've never been to the eastern part of the states and this looked like a good way to start. We'd really like to go the week before Easter, but we'll probably be lucky to get anything at all. Don't really want to go til spring tho because of cold winters??? Any advice? He's already there now and loves it, so far.

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
My son goes to WVU and we have gone to Morgantown quite a few times for visits. We stayed at the hotel part of Lakeview Resort (not the timeshare) and asked for a renovated room and enjoyed it.

I believe the timeshares are in pretty bad shape. I checked out every review I could find and they were pretty dim. It's not a hard trade in II. They probably have getaways you can buy pretty easily.

Now the area is beautiful but Lakeview is not that close to the college even though it's listed as Morgantown.

Check out tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews in Morgantown. Easter time should be easy and inexpensive because no football games or parent weekends.

We will be staying at The Waterfront Hotel which is right next door to
WVU's registration building and about 3/4 of mile from the downtown campus. It sits alongside the river and is also very pretty.

Hope this helps.
Anne

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Scenic Views Of The Strip Mines ?

I know, I know -- nowadays they put all the dirt back & they replant the whole thing after they get done strip mining the coal in West Virginia.

But while the work is going on, it still looks gosh-awful.

Only a half-dozen or so West Virginia counties don't have major coal deposits, so strip mines are apt to be a fact of life just about anywhere you go in that state.

Other than that, West Virginia is Almost Heaven.

Full Disclosure : I was formerly employed by the federal agency that backs up the coal state strip mine reclamation programs -- interesting & important environmental work to say the least. Plus, 1 time The Chief Of Staff & I stayed a week in a Florida timeshare in an area south of Lakeland where the map shows the land is dotted with phosphate strip mines all around. We did not see any phosphate the strip mines while we were there.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

geneticblend

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, we have found this resort to be a difficult trade to obtain with II. We live near Pittsburgh, and have requested this resort several times just because it would be convenient for us. We have never been able to get into it. I have also heard some not-so-favorable reports about the condition of the resort, but I can not recall the specifics, sorry.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Anne the Hotel Morgan which is a Comfort Suites property I think, is quite lovely. Nice little breakfast, suite size rooms with fridge and sofa sitting area. Downtown and a very short walk to the WVU tram service. Went to some amazing football games there.

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lakeview

I am an owner at Lakeview. The units are dated, but I enjoy the resort. The units are 2 story townhouses, which I prefer to a hotel room. The fitness center is very nice. The resort is affiliated with a nice spa (Spa Roma), which is close to the resort. The Tiki Bar at the resort is a pleasant place to have something to eat and watch golfers. The timeshares are in the middle of a golf course, and the resort is affiliated with a second resort. I enjoy staying at Marriotts. Lakeview is no comparison to a Marriott. If you want top of the line, Lakeview is not for you. If you want more room than a hotel and pretty views of a golf course from your unit and balcony, try Lakeview.