• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve

newperson

Reaction score
Should we buy a Timeshare from Marriott at Lakeshore Reserve?

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's impossible to know what's perfect for your situation. It's going to be beautiful, but it's in an overbuilt area. It's going to be expensive, so only you know your financial situation.

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should we buy a Timeshare from Marriott at Lakeshore Reserve?
If you love the whole Grande Lakes Resort in Orlando -- with its Ritz Carlton, JW Marriott, golf course, recreational facilities, and hotel restaurants -- and if you would like to vacation there year after year, then the answer could be yes. Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve is arguably the most deluxe timeshare resort in the whole Orlando area. You can't buy anything that's quite like it as a resale. (Lakeshore Reserve itself is too new to be readily available as a resale.)

The distance to WDW is longer than from other Marriott timeshares in Orlando and, of course, much longer than from DVC resorts. But if WDW is only an occasional destination, then that's not a big deal.

However, if you would also be happy with other Orlando timeshare resorts, you would save a lot of money by buying a resale. The supply is huge, and, given the current economic situation, you should be able to negotiate a much lower price than buying at Lakeshore Reserve.

With a Marriott resale through a third party, you won't have the option to turn in your week for Marriott Rewards points. Most of us on this board think the financial math works out poorly when turning in a week for points -- and the points program can and does change.

Last edited:

newperson

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Can anyone tell me where to find resales listed by Marriott, because as I understand it, we'll get points if we buy a resale from them. Is this correct?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
If they are still offering a million point package with new purchase, you might consider it. If not, don't. You hold the cards in this environment, and while Marriott is unlikely to change prices they may use points to make the deal.

There were a number of threads on this new venture in this board if you search. Then you'll see what the original deal was and perhaps you can improve on it. But, be sure you want to own in Orlando forever.

Brian

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
This thread is highly suspect IMHO. Should I buy from.... then quickly, but shouldn't I buy resale from Marriott to get points....

Ok I am a sceptic. With apologies to calgarygary:
People who visit tug with their first post asking simply whether they should buy at a place, then redirect the thread to buying from Marriott to get points....

Apologies up front if this is unfounded. . .

newperson

Reaction score
Don't worry , I'm not suspicious. I'm just trying to figure out what to do. You all are the ones that moved my thread here! From what I gather, timeshares become worthless once you buy from the developer, so I was looking for a way to get points.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Again, sorry about that. You have to buy directly from Marriott at inflated (vs. resale) amount to get points. Many threads about the value of points can be found on this board.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Newperson

Marriott only sales "resale" units once that resort is sold out of original developer units. You CANNOT buy a "resale" from Marriott at Lakeshore Reserve at this time.

Buying a "resale" from Marriott at a SOLD OUT resort is exactly the same as buying an original developer unit, same price & same annual points.

Terry

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
I don't see Lakeshore Reserve on Marriott's list of resorts? Where do they talk about it?