• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2019] Lakeshore Reserve Rooms need remodel

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I was just at Lakeshore and the rooms are certainly showing the wear. Does anyone know when they are due for a remodel.

There is water damage in the shower area, carpet is shabby, the dreaded sofa has the cushions you can not sit on because they are too soft and slide into the bed underneath, the furniture is dinged up, walls are in need of new paint.

However the pool and other amenities are excellent, wish Lakeshore would update like Grande Vista new room remodels.

Just an observation.....still love Lakeshore for amenities location next to JW and Ritz but update the rooms is needed.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
capjak
Sorry you were disappointed in your unit!

Marriott`s Lakeshore Reserve
11248 Lakeshore Reserve Dr.

Orlando, Florida 32837 USA

Features Complimentary wireless Internet in all villas, and public areas.
Free on-site parking. Lakeshore Reserve does not charge a resort fee.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Yikes, that’s disappointing. I’m headed there next month. I’ll be in a townhouse. Any advice on which section to avoid?

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just at Lakeshore and the rooms are certainly showing the wear. Does anyone know when they are due for a remodel.

There is water damage in the shower area, carpet is shabby, the dreaded sofa has the cushions you can not sit on because they are too soft and slide into the bed underneath, the furniture is dinged up, walls are in need of new paint.

However the pool and other amenities are excellent, wish Lakeshore would update like Grande Vista new room remodels.

Just an observation.....still love Lakeshore for amenities location next to JW and Ritz but update the rooms is needed.

We were just there in September and saw no issues with our townhouse ... there were however, a lot of millipedes!

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were in a 3 bedroom in building 2, the one where sales offices are. So if little cosmetic things bother you avoid these rooms.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in a 2BR Capo townhouse in February and the villa was very "tired" as described above. We also had a roof leak in the master bath which was tended to fairly quickly, but we were quite surprised to find it upon check-in! We were inconvenienced by the roofers/maintenance staff since they needed access to the villa to repair. This stay did not meet our expectations. We previously had a stay in a 3BR Rosarno that was excellent.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
@Saintsfanfl Do you know of any refresh/remodel plans at Lakeshore?

If nobody knows, I will be there at the end of November and can ask then.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Saintsfanfl Do you know of any refresh/remodel plans at Lakeshore?

If nobody knows, I will be there at the end of November and can ask then.

I do not and to be honest I think there are far too few rooms to support the full maintenance needed long term. The fees are already very high and I think they are going to continue at an alarming rate which will price the rest of the existing owners out.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Ah, that's unfortunate to hear. Was planning to stay here in February instead of our usual spot at Sheraton Vistana Villages. Not sure what to do now.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own at Sheraton Vistana Villages and prefer Lakeshore, so I would still stay at Lakeshore over Sheraton even in current condition. We just stayed at both Sheraton Vistana Villages (Bella) and Lakeshore.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do not and to be honest I think there are far too few rooms to support the full maintenance needed long term. The fees are already very high and I think they are going to continue at an alarming rate which will price the rest of the existing owners out.

Well that's terrible news. I'm going at the end of the month then again in June.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
I own at Sheraton Vistana Villages and prefer Lakeshore, so I would still stay at Lakeshore over Sheraton even in current condition. We just stayed at both Sheraton Vistana Villages (Bella) and Lakeshore.
Good to know, thanks! We normally stay in Key West which has pretty updated villas. But I like the idea of a more luxurious atmosphere.

Well that's terrible news. I'm going at the end of the month then again in June.
Keep us updated!

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is disappointing to hear☹️
I’m going there next week. For the first time, we will not be in a townhouse.
I would appreciate knowing which building(s) to try to avoid.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We stayed in the Palermo building (dedicated 2 BR) back in April. Room and furnishings seemed fine to us.

I can't imagine owning here and paying those maintenance fees. It's a shame it wasn't fully built out - we really like staying there as it was quiet but if you wanted some crazy you could walk over to the JW.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Just returned from a stay in a 2 bedroom townhouse in Capa. Wonderful stay and furnishings seemed in very good shape. Perhaps getting a tad dated but everything was in great condition - loved our stay and the spaciousness of the townhouse!

hot2trot

Reaction score
This post is old. I stayed at Lakeshore Reserve May 2020 in the Palermo Building in two different style rooms, and they were really nice. I think remodel has been done since all those posts in 2018 and 2019

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
The unit I stayed in June was not remodeled. The couch was pretty close to dining table and we pushed it forward to make room. Found out why as there was a long rip in carpet that they put couch over to hide. Same couch, chairs, carpet etc from a few years ago. The couches needed replacing as it was very soft in the middle. The beds were fine and bathrooms were kept up to date. Just the hard goods like couches and stuff needed to be replaced. This was my observations in the unit we were in. Was still a nice stay, just furniture was a little tired and needed replacing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was in 2 different villas this summer. And they were not remodeled. Nothing in either showed any noticable wear that I can remember.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We will be at Lakeshore in September. Scored a 3BR flat on exchange. It will only be two of us. I know, I am greedy :) I hope they have done some refurbishments, but it isn't sounding like it. I have a coworker that owns a 3BR and for the amount of their MFs, these units should be on the same 5/10 refurbishment cycle as all the other resort.

I recall being at Oceana Palms in May and the unit we were in was going to have a refurbishment this fall, but I don't know why because it already looked refurbished. They were in great shape there.