• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve Maintenance Issues

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are currently at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve and I have a few concerns about the property overall. I know there was some recent discussion about the villas. They haven't been updated in some time. They seem to be in okay shape, but are looking a little dated. My main concern is about the exterior, mainly the pool and lazy river area. It seems to be lacking the TLC that it should be getting for the MFs that owners here pay. A few things I have noticed;
  • Algae growing around the waterfall area at the pool.
  • Rust on many places around the lazy river. I don't really know how rust is showing on stucco, but it is.
  • The landscaping seems to be lacking some trimming and some paths have large plants growing out over the concrete paths.
  • Steps around the pool going up to the island in the middle, as well as many of the paths, need a good pressure washing.
It seems that all of these things don't require a lot of cost or effort to fix, just regular routine maintenance. We are a little disappointed this time around.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Rust on stucco for us was rusting rebar underneath.

I hate to hear about so many issues. It's tough to get ahead of maintenance when everything goes at once.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We were a little underwhelmed last year when we visited on DC points (Sun-Fri of course). I mean, it was nice, but not 50% higher maintenance fee level nice vs. the other Orlando properties. If I were an owner there I'd be pissed.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
I know that there have been alot of staff cutbacks due to the pandemic, so I'm not sure if this was related to what you saw. We are in Rosario, and everything by us, IMO, looks good. There is so much foliage at Lakeshore that I don't envy anyone that has to maintain it.

I am an owner here and I'll explain why I purchased. We wanted a resort with a small footprint villa wise that had a great pool area. We were tired of the crowds, issues parking, never being able to get a seat at places like NCV, Aruba, and others, so this for us is a perfect fit. It is also a much more upscale feel than most other MCV properties, particularly in Orlando. We also love the use of the JW and the Ritz. I understand the fees are high, but I am comfortable with that knowing we're paying a bigger share since the resort was never built out.

I would normally say I'd like to see the villas refreshed, but I'm not sure I like what happened at Oceana Palms where we also own. Having said that, we've never had any issues with any villas here. We're doing a presentation here (ugh), and I am going to ask if there is any timetable for a refresh.

melroseman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also own there and are scheduled to visit in a few months (hopefully). Would appreciate knowing about any upcoming refresh. But questions about a refresh a probably better made at the owner's weekly meeting (if you attend) or inquiries to the GM

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We also own there and are scheduled to visit in a few months (hopefully). Would appreciate knowing about any upcoming refresh. But questions about a refresh a probably better made at the owner's weekly meeting (if you attend) or inquiries to the GM
Are they even doing those Owners Weekly Meetings during COVID? I didn't see an activities list when we were just there.

melroseman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they even doing those Owners Weekly Meetings during COVID? I didn't see an activities list when we were just there.

Good point. Our last trip that we didn't cancelled was in February so I hadn't thought about that. But apparently they are still doing presentations :oops:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I know that there have been alot of staff cutbacks due to the pandemic, so I'm not sure if this was related to what you saw. We are in Rosario, and everything by us, IMO, looks good. There is so much foliage at Lakeshore that I don't envy anyone that has to maintain it.

I am an owner here and I'll explain why I purchased. We wanted a resort with a small footprint villa wise that had a great pool area. We were tired of the crowds, issues parking, never being able to get a seat at places like NCV, Aruba, and others, so this for us is a perfect fit. It is also a much more upscale feel than most other MCV properties, particularly in Orlando. We also love the use of the JW and the Ritz. I understand the fees are high, but I am comfortable with that knowing we're paying a bigger share since the resort was never built out.

I would normally say I'd like to see the villas refreshed, but I'm not sure I like what happened at Oceana Palms where we also own. Having said that, we've never had any issues with any villas here. We're doing a presentation here (ugh), and I am going to ask if there is any timetable for a refresh.
Good to understand the rational behind owning. It certainly makes sense for many. Especially own for use. I have a coworker that bought a three bedroom there, but has only gone once on their ownership. I don't think it makes sense as a trader given the high cost of ownership.

As for maintenance issues. I walked around the resort some more yesterday and came across additional concerns. Walking through the kits playground, there was a shirt still there on a bench that had been there for several days. There were multiple pieces of litter in the same playground. Discarded masks and even a fork laying under one of the benches. Around the pool was a few other pieces of litter; empty water bottle, etc. These aren't the kinds of things you see when looking at the resort or the grounds from a distance, but I walk the entire resort to shoot video and take photos and perhaps see more details than most. Someone should be walking the grounds daily to pick up rubbish. I worked in hospitality in my younger days and was always told I should never walk over a piece of trash. Stopping to pick it up is everyone's job.

ETA, I also noticed how all of the pool gates require a room key, but I did discover a way into the pool that didn't require a key. Looked to be an oversight in design.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the fees are getting out of hand there. I own the two bedroom deluxe, which locks off as two full one bedrooms. I kinda justify because I'm usually trading a one bedroom for a two at other properties.. so I've looked at the fee as "reasonable" considering my usage is a two bedroom (rationalization ;-) ). But again, yes, the annual fee is becoming a concern. If Lakeshore is maintained and keeps its place at one of the top tier properties anywhere (not just Orlando), then the fees can be justified. In general terms I get that revenue is down and I understand delaying some maintenance items because of Covid, but that excuse only goes so far since we're still paying the HIGH "maintenance" fees.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As luck would have it, I walked out of my townhouse this morning to a pile of shrub clippings. It looks like they were all over my side of the resort.

I'm not surprised by the playground condition, we were told by a pool employee that it was closed currently. I'm surprised you were able to get in.

I can't say I remember anytime that I noticed any appreciable amount of trash now or in the past, although admittedly I'm not inspecting the property for it. It may be your hospitality background that makes you notice these things more than me. The one time I remember having an issue was over the summer at Oceana Palms. There was trash everywhere at the pool. It was so bad, my wife wanted to leave the pool area. It was obvious they were short staffed. Eventually Andy came out and started cleaning up.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any kind of update on the property. I got walked immediately at the presentation. They took one look at my deeded resale weeks and decided not to waste their time. $250 for 5.minutes worth of my time.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
going to try and see if I can get out in 5 minutes like you next month.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
going to try and see if I can get out in 5 minutes like you next month.
Yeah right, they know they've got a live one with you!

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Haha true so true. After years of only owning Marriott resale weeks, I succumbed and bought direct. I bought 5k DP points in 2019 and Surfclub week a few months ago.

I wonder how they will spin it as all my weeks are enrolled now. Sales cant also use the buy points direct to supercharge my elected points sales tactic. Really interested to see how Marriott will spin it to get me to buy.

Enjoying your time at Lakeshore? How about the elevator in the villa? Still waiting for the day I actually get to stay in a townhome.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Haha true so true. After years of only owning Marriott resale weeks, I succumbed and bought direct. I bought 5k DP points in 2019 and Surfclub week a few months ago.

I wonder how they will spin it as all my weeks are enrolled now. Sales cant also use the buy points direct to supercharge my elected points sales tactic. Really interested to see how Marriott will spin it to get me to buy.

Enjoying your time at Lakeshore? How about the elevator in the villa? Still waiting for the day I actually get to stay in a townhome.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The novelty of the elevator wore off pretty quick, even for the kids. Also, the machine room for the elevator is in the second bedroom and pretty loud if the elevator is going up. Plus, a couple of times I've heard it briefly in the middle of the night. The kids don't wake up, but I wouldn't be too happy if I was in there. We have a working theory that the elevator eventually goes back down to the ground floor and that's what we hear.

That being said, we really like the townhouse and the extra space. Also, if you get Rosario, there's basically no other cars in the lot which we like (still she'll shocked from NCV parking).

So why haven't you had a townhouse? Have you done all trades to here?

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More landscaping today around Rosario. They are also powerwashing the sidewalks over here.

Once again I got a nonworking key for the JW. I wish they could figure that out.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More landscaping today around Rosario. They are also powerwashing the sidewalks over here.

Once again I got a nonworking key for the JW. I wish they could figure that out.
This is what the 4th time since June you had a non working JW key?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is what the 4th time since June you had a non working JW key?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Yeah, I need to have you here so I can have yours again!

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I found out tonight that the old GM has moved on to Cypress Harbour and there is a new GM, Jorge, that came from Grande Vista. I think there may have been a short time with no official GM.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow James was GM from Lakeshore opening 2010 until sometime in 2018. In the past 2 years there have been 2 GM's. That is a lot of turnover for the top spot of a resort. Barely time to build out your team with your vision and then poof you are gone.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow James was GM from Lakeshore opening 2010 until sometime in 2018. In the past 2 years there have been 2 GM's. That is a lot of turnover for the top spot of a resort. Barely time to build out your team with your vision and then poof you are gone.
Yes, many others have moved on in the past couple months as well.