• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve Dilemma - Interval Exchange

DJDaveS

Reaction score
Looking for some advice. I am pretty certain I want to stay at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve for an upcoming Summer Trip.

On Interval, there is an Exchange for the week I want. However it is a Studio. I currently own a 2 Bedroom.

It's only my wife and kids (twins age 7) so I know we will fit. I'd prefer the extra room with a 1 bedroom or higher.

What are the chances I will get a 1 bedroom or higher?
Has anyone had luck getting Lakeshore Reserve as an exchange?

What would you do?
Lock it in or wait?
Vacation is in August.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is exactly why the E-plus feature was created in Interval. Grab it, buy the E-plus and play the upgrade lotto.

The only downside to this is now you have to find your own upgrade there by checking manually.

The worst you can do is stay there in a studio.

DJDaveS

Reaction score
I think this is exactly why the E-plus feature was created in Interval. Grab it, buy the E-plus and play the upgrade lotto.

The only downside to this is now you have to find your own upgrade there by checking manually.

The worst you can do is stay there in a studio.

So with the E-plus feature I can lock in now? And last minute if I decide I really need a 1 Bedroom, I can switch to another place that is available? First time using Interval.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is your deposit an enrolled Marriott week? If so, there is no need for ePlus since retrades are free. Personally the studios are pretty small at Lakeshore. No in room laundry and no real kitchen. They are pretty much a hotel room with a small fridge and microwave. I would only take it as a last resort. Even if you trade into a 2BR at another Orlando Marriott, you can still re-trade if a larger Lakeshore Reserve unit opens up. If your deposit isn't an enrolled Marriott deposit, then add Eplus for $59 to get the three free retrades.

DJDaveS

Reaction score
Is your deposit an enrolled Marriott week? If so, there is no need for ePlus since retrades are free. Personally the studios are pretty small at Lakeshore. No in room laundry and no real kitchen. They are pretty much a hotel room with a small fridge and microwave. I would only take it as a last resort. Even if you trade into a 2BR at another Orlando Marriott, you can still re-trade if a larger Lakeshore Reserve unit opens up. If your deposit isn't an enrolled Marriott deposit, then add Eplus for $59 to get the three free retrades.

I do not need to use it at a Marriott. I actually gave up my 2020 2 Bedroom Vistana. I really think I want at least a one bedroom. I just like Lakeshore as it has a nice resort pool, water slides (my kids can go on) and a lazy river.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own Vistana they have wonderful Resorts in Florida. There are the Vistana Villages and The Sheraton Vistana Resort. They both have wonderful pools and lots of activities for kids. They are very family friendly. If you should chose the Sheraton Vistana Resort ask for the Cascade Building. Upper floor, (they have elevators) and the two bedroom units are very nice with lots of room. If you have any questions just ask.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would look into Grande Vista pretty seriously. They have much better activities for kids and a good zero entry pool. I'm not a fan, but others love Harbour Lake for the pirate pool.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
also, if you do any of the Palms, you can use Marriott World center hotel pools as well.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Lakeshore Reserve is pretty easy to get via exchange, as long as we are talking next summer. I would enter a request for a 2 bedroom and wait. Are you talking this summer?

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lakeshore Reserve is pretty easy to get via exchange, as long as we are talking next summer. I would enter a request for a 2 bedroom and wait. Are you talking this summer?
I don't think it's that easy to get a 2BR with a non-Marriott trader in the summer time.