• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lake Tahoe parking question

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Next Sept, my wife and I are going to drive from Denver to CA and spend a week going down the coast staying at wineries. We will be in our truck/lance camper, approx 23 ft. We are considering stopping by Lake Tahoe for a couple of nights on the way but we are concerned about parking the truck/camper. In both Vail and Breckinridge, parking is underground and would not accommodate the Truck/camper. Are the 2 Lake Tahoe resort similar with underground parking only or are there open parking areas also.
Thanks,

tahoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Timber Lodge
I recommend calling Timber Lodge front desk to see what your options are. As far as I know, they have valet only to an underground garage.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
We were there a couple weeks ago and did the valet. I was talking with the front desk girl, she said it is very tight and crowded in the garage. I would guess that a 23’ trailer isn’t going down there, but there is a large parking lot back and across the street that might work, but it is not associated with Marriott. Best if you call them and see if they can accommodate.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
You possibly could park in the Harrah's outdoor parking lot (a block North from Marriott) for a daily fee (used to be free but isn't any longer). I don't think that Marriott would allow your camper truck into it's parking lot as there could be height clearance issues.. If you park outdoors by Rally's grocery store, they have signs saying they'll tow. I'd suggest looking at timeshares that have outdoor parking and then calling to make sure that there aren't overhead structures that would be a problem or length restrictions. 23 feet is about 5 feet longer than a regular pickup ???

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
You possibly could park in the Harrah's outdoor parking lot (a block North from Marriott) for a daily fee (used to be free but isn't any longer). I don't think that Marriott would allow your camper truck into it's parking lot as there could be height clearance issues.. If you park outdoors by Rally's grocery store, they have signs saying they'll tow. I'd suggest looking at timeshares that have outdoor parking and then calling to make sure that there aren't overhead structures that would be a problem or length restrictions. 23 feet is about 5 feet longer than a regular pickup ???

Might be 25 ft.
1660865617757.png

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
It is a nice looking compact rig.

There are a lot of timeshares in and around Lake Tahoe that have outdoor lots so it is just a matter of doing some searching in the directory along with some follow up phone calls. Many of those timeshares with outdoor parking (like the Sands) are converted motel units, but I am told are very nice. The Marriott timberlodge, the Welk/Hyatt Northstar both have underground garages that would probably not be able to accommodate your camper. The DRI Lake Tahoe vacation resort has some outdoor parking but it fills up too fast and the valet parking is in a parking garage a block away.

At the Marriott, there is some limited on-the-street parking to the North and East of the property but I don't know if there are restrictions on over-night parking.

bcgtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Holiday Inn Ridge Tahoe has both indoor and outdoor parking but the units do not have air conditioning. It should be an easy II trade in September. The week owners can reserve 23 months in advance. I have not been there since it became part of the Holiday Inn timeshare resorts so check for comments on TUG BBS. Before you do an exchange it would not hurt to call the resort and explain your situation.