• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar

tinkerbell2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

we are thinking of using our timeshare this spring after a couple years hiatus . How safe is it at the Lagunamar ? Are employees all vaccinated ? Is there testing on site?

Keata

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Palm Beach Shores Singer Island FL
Hello,

we are thinking of using our timeshare this spring after a couple years hiatus . How safe is it at the Lagunamar ? Are employees all vaccinated ? Is there testing on site?

Take a look at this thread:
Last 2 Weeks at the Westin Lagunamar

There is testing onsite but we went across the street as Canadians we needed the PCR and not the Antigen and the concierge recommended we do that. All test results came back within 24 hours and were accepted by Air Canada, Westjet and United. No issues at Customs either with the results. As a family we have been there 3 times since the end of November and we felt extremely safe at all times. The staff is vaccinated and wear masks all the time. Most guest wear masks in the common areas of the resort.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
There has been some interesting/suspicious
activity on the beach out front. The resort is aware of this but can't do much as it is a public space

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
There has been some interesting/suspicious
activity on the beach out front. The resort is aware of this but can't do much as it is a public space

I am surprised ... I was there for 10 days in October and never noticed anything on the beach in front of the resort

Keata

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Palm Beach Shores Singer Island FL
Surprised as well. I was there 2 weeks at the end of November, my daughter was there mid December, and I'm just back after 2 weeks. Never saw anything and spend the vast majority of the time on the beach.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
There were guys on jet skis in front of Lagunamar, coming up to deposit some things in holes that they dug by the massage hut and near the bushes in front of the phase 2 pool

bajohnsons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WLR
As the OP mentioned a spring time trip, does anyone have experience with a stay at Lagunamar during spring break? Specifically for the resort itself.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are multiple spring break weeks. We have stayed during week 10 & 11.
It is busy, prime seats go early, plenty of families.
Still a great place to be.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
Anyone know what’s going on with the traffic lights between WLR and La isla mall?
Doesn’t seem to be working since we got here and every trip to the mall is a dangerous game of chicken with cars…
I asked around the mall and at WLR, but no one seems to have an answer…
thx

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have been out of order for over a year
The lights by the indoor mall are also out of order.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
Any recommendation on how to deal with he loud noise/music coming from other resort next to building 1?
I think every night we’ve been here, they played super loud music until midnight…
For next year, can I request a “middle of resort room” or do I have to give them a specific building number?

thanks!

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can request building numbers. Maybe ask for anything but building 1.

We request our room through our concierge in advance of our stay.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Anyone know what’s going on with the traffic lights between WLR and La isla mall?
Doesn’t seem to be working since we got here and every trip to the mall is a dangerous game of chicken with cars…
I asked around the mall and at WLR, but no one seems to have an answer…
thx

Haven’t you played Mexican frogger?