• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar questions

Shirtman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
We are going for 2 weeks after Thanksgiving.
Does Roku work at Lagunamar?
Are they doing a mid week tidy?
Is the exercise room open?
Buildings with afternoon shade on balcony after 4pm?

Thanks
David

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Some ROKU channels do not have license agreements to stream into Mexico, have to try it and see. Some work, some don't. They get broadcast channels out of Miami as well as their local stuff. You get this weird mix of American TV in English, American TV with Spanish voice-over, Mexican TV, you name it.
Mid-week tidy is very minimal - towels, some kitchen and bath accessories, not all you'd like. I find myself taking dish washer tabs from the carts in the hall because they don't give us enough.
I believe the exercise room is open, even if not all machines are available for distancing
By this time of year most, if not all rooms have shade after 4PM because the sun sets behind the resort so early. Most of the whole pool deck is in shade by then.

My biggest concern is the restaurants not being open, especially Oceano. I love the events they have there, like Mexican Fiesta night, Mayan night, steak night, not to mention the wonderful breakfast buffet. I hope you will update us on what is open and what is not.

I can't wait to get back there, but I will wait until the things I want to do are open and the resort is fully operational, not just "OPEN for business"

Last edited:

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was there a few weeks ago on a Getaway, no midweek tidy. Exercise room was open but capacity limited.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
All of the villas should have afternoon shade on the balcony.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
We always take our Roku. Mostly we listen to music on YouTube and watch shows on Netflix. As far as I know, Netflix is the only service you can access. This is because you can access the Mexican Netflix with your USA login. There is a lot of programming in English. Beware though, you may start watching a series down there that isn't available at home. Lol.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Was there a few weeks ago on a Getaway, no midweek tidy. Exercise room was open but capacity limited.
Were hot tubs open. It always surprises me that gyms are open when hot tubs are closed.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were hot tubs open. It always surprises me that gyms are open when hot tubs are closed.
Hot tubs were open. They said at check in there was a limit of 4 people per hot tub, but they don't really have any sort of enforcement.
I'm back for another week now so I can answer any more questions that come up.

Shirtman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
Hot tubs were open. They said at check in there was a limit of 4 people per hot tub, but they don't really have any sort of enforcement.
I'm back for another week now so I can answer any more questions that come up.
How busy was the airport?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
How busy was the airport?
I came in this morning on a redeye around 530am, so it was just the 50 of us. I was up front so the first one out (in fact I thought customs was closed because there was nobody asking for the form, but they were just in the office I guess surprised to see someone so early).

A couple of weeks back, I came in around 1130 on a Saturday, definitely people but immigration moved quickly. On the way back out the following Saturday, it seemed relatively crowded (or at least definitely not dead) but security was very quick. There are quite a few food places in the terminal closed, so options are limited. The club was also closed.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
What’s the status of restaurants and fun activities?
At the Lagunamar I think the one restaurant by the pool is open, and they also mentioned a sports bar being open. I went across the street to the mall tonight and most was open there.
As far as fun activities, well, the pools are open :). Anything specific you're looking for?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
At the Lagunamar I think the one restaurant by the pool is open, and they also mentioned a sports bar being open. I went across the street to the mall tonight and most was open there.
As far as fun activities, well, the pools are open :). Anything specific you're looking for?

What’s the status of fun team activities, Oceano, hot tubs, spa?

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
What’s the status of fun team activities, Oceano, hot tubs, spa?
I'll take a look at fun team tomorrow, last time I think they only have like 2 activities, and I did see them doing trivia. Hot tubs are open. Will check the spa.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I would miss playing Bingo for a bottle of tequila.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Thank you for all your info! If Hawaii goes back on lockdown this winter we will try to switch to Lagunamar,.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Lagunamar is one of our favorite resorts (when it's fully open)!

islandguy

Reaction score
Been here for a week now. Today they put limits on pool chairs because the last few days a group of 35 took over and were way to close. Much better today. Only pool open was the main pool. Oceano closed. No mid week but I'm staying over a week so at the 7th day received a full service. Call for soap towels etc. Leave trash in hallways. Excellent resort and staff trying hard.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I'm waiting for Oceano to open and host the Mexican Fiesta buffet! With the Mariachi band.