• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar Questions

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Not much value in renting it the resale value isn't very high, though you may be able to get a hundred bucks. If you can't get that, it could probably be unloaded by giving it away for free (buyer paying closing costs).

Not sure about the Studio but we own an every year 1BR Gold Plus and have had most success in renting out the 1st week in January. For 2020 we rented for about 30% above MF and I must admit I don't think we've ever achieved the same yield on our 2BR IV WKORV-N even in the peak summer season.

Scotten

TUG Member
Reaction score
USA Transfers is still a good choice to move to/from the airport? I've only used Lagunamar's service but I remember they were pretty late last time and their current price feels really high:

Transportation in a shared basis service (Maximum capacity of seven people).

$45 USD one way for up to four people.

$60 USD round-trip for up to two people.

$ 75 USD round-trip for three or four people.

$ 12 USD per additional passenger (only applies for the 5th , 6th and 7th passenger round trip).

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Lagunamar service is $60rt for 2-4. Never had a problem. They have a desk in the lobby.

Scotten

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lagunamar service is $60rt for 2-4. Never had a problem. They have a desk in the lobby.

I have plenty of experience with Lagunamar but specifically asked about USA Transfers.

6 people round-trip USA - $65
6 Lagunamar - $84

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have plenty of experience with Lagunamar but specifically asked about USA Transfers.

6 people round-trip USA - $65
6 Lagunamar - $84
We have used USA Transfers for every trip in Cancun (four to Lagunamar) and have never had a problem.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
there are so many transfer services available. They are all pretty similarly priced $55 to $65. We have used USA transfers, Canada transfers, Happy Shuttle and at least two others all without any major issues. no need to pay more than $65

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I always use USA. They are always ready to go as soon as we arrive and when we are ready to depart Lagunamar, they are always early to pick us up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
We always use USA transfers to Lagunamar, 5 trips so far. Last time in November on our return to the airport they sent us a VIP luxury van for no additional cost. Free upgrade!

Shirtman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
If you stop at the grocery store on the way in from the airport and your room is not ready does Lagunamar have cold storage for some groceries?

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Yes, they have storage for the groceries.

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always use USA transfers; we own at Lagunamar and on advice of dioxide45 use their transfer services. I don't remember how many times as it's too many. But, they have never have let us down.

We also go to Harborside quite a bit. It always shocks me the difference in price. Cancun is so much cheaper for transfers....the Bahamas it's double :)

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We also like USA transfers. Canada transfers is at least equally good.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have used Happy Shuttle the last 3 times. We have been very satisfied so no reason for us to change. We have befriended our driver, Henrry (yes 2 "r" s) on face book and enjoy catching up with him each time.

We will see him February 1, when we return again.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Expedia is a little bit cheaper

1579179760115.png

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Expedia is a little bit cheaper

View attachment 16351
super shuttle does not get good reviews. I would avoid them. I hear that CanadaLuxury transfers is pretty good and they have the best price that I have found $55 Canadian. We will be trying them on our next trip in March. We used CheapTransfercancun on our most recent trip in December because they had a very reasonable price for trip to Costco en-route to the resort. USA and Canada transfers have raised their Costco grocery stop prices significantly

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Be aware that the stores no longer have plastic bags. You have to bring your own. Walmart will sell cloth bags for 10 pesos. If you have Soriano deliver your groceries are not bagged. So you either need your own bags or have bellman bring it to your room which is another tip.

Tip. Bring plastic bags from home.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be aware that the stores no longer have plastic bags. You have to bring your own. Walmart will sell cloth bags for 10 pesos. If you have Soriano deliver your groceries are not bagged. So you either need your own bags or have bellman bring it to your room which is another tip.

Thanks for this, heading there in 2 weeks and we will make sure we are prepared.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

OR bring reusable shopping bags from home!

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)

Bags...the heck with them! I use my backpack (if it's not too big, airlines treat this as a personal item, not a carry-on). I have also seen folks wheeling their groceries back to their resort in a carry-on suitcase.

BA21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Key West, WKV
HGVC Flamingo
We brought reusable bags this trip and of course forgot them in the room yesterday. A large reusable bag at Chedraui Selecto was 10 pesos (53 cents).