• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar Questions

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
<snip>
We have always used either USA transfers or Cancun Transfers. Both have always been extremely easy to work with
<snip>

Lee
Canada Transfers is a relatively new player on the block (been there a few years now). It's at least as good as USA Transfers.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
just arrived tonight. had a reservation for a studio but they upgraded me to a one bedroom. nice view building 7 third floor. i used USA transfer which worked out perfectly. picking up a rental car tomorrow near the hotel. we are only two and it is so much nicer to have a car and go where we want to go. akumal is my first love and the lagoon there is beautiful and much cheaper. we can head to tulum and stop at oscars on the way home. the weather should be great and we are making our own margaritas cause we make them better than any place i've ever been and we can control the alcohol, cause sometimes these places blast you.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
just arrived tonight. had a reservation for a studio but they upgraded me to a one bedroom. nice view building 7 third floor. i used USA transfer which worked out perfectly. picking up a rental car tomorrow near the hotel. we are only two and it is so much nicer to have a car and go where we want to go. akumal is my first love and the lagoon there is beautiful and much cheaper. we can head to tulum and stop at oscars on the way home. the weather should be great and we are making our own margaritas cause we make them better than any place i've ever been and we can control the alcohol, cause sometimes these places blast you.

That is awesome!

A 1-bedroom is so much nicer over a studio and day of the week.

Reaction score
We are here and having an amazing time. We got the boss room... 4th floor Building 900 directly overlooking the beach and right in the center of everything.

Awesome place!!

Reaction score
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who gave us tips and tricks. They were all apprecaited and very valuable!!

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am making my first trip to Lagunamar next week and these tips have been super useful to me, too. Thank you all.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Wow! Should be exciting. We'll be there in 5 weeks.
Big news... there is a HUGE ferris wheel going up right in front of La Isla Mall. Should be done within days. It is crazy big!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Big news... there is a HUGE ferris wheel going up right in front of La Isla Mall. Should be done within days. It is crazy big!
When you say in front, where do you mean? Between the mall and the road or between the mall and the bay/lagoon? Wasn't there a huge ferris wheel in the works a year or so ago somewhere else in the hotel zone? Apparently they didn't have the right permits. I don't know whatever happened with that.

ETA: Okay, I found this about it. Looks to be between the road and the mall. To the right when you walk across the street. Isn't that a driveway to the parking garage?

https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/l...ing-in-time-for-cancun-spring-break/2018.html

Steve Hank

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now. I will try to take a photo and post later.

It is located next to the driveway, but there is plenty of space and land for it. It is literally, just across the street. Not as tall as the wheels in Vegas or London, but it looks fun. Took them about five days to put in place. They are doing the brick work on the surrounding patio now.

Last edited:

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
We are here now. I will try to take a photo and post later.

It is located next to the driveway, but there is plenty of space and land for it. It is literally, just across the street. Not as tall as the wheels in Vegas or London, but it looks fun. Took them about five days to put in place. They are doing the brick work on the surrounding patio now.

It’s a little concerning that it only took 5 days to build it. When they redid Chicago’s Navy Pier one it was months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

This has been a very helpful thread -- we are going next week for our first trip to Lagunamar. I've not been able to discern what restaurants are easiest walking distance from Lagunamar. We are looking for very good to excellent restaurants and are happy to splurge on a wonderful experience. Can I ask for some recommendations -- and please also comment if any are on the beach, because we love those restaurants.

Thank you!

Best,

Greg

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend Puerto Madero for a nice restaurant. It’s a quick bus ride or about .75 mile walk on the main street.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Highly recommend Puerto Madero for a nice restaurant. It’s a quick bus ride or about .75 mile walk on the main street.

+1

But I wouln't walk. Not for fear, but that walk (along the main road) would be unpleasant. Taxi is about $7-8 US each way.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
All,

This has been a very helpful thread -- we are going next week for our first trip to Lagunamar. I've not been able to discern what restaurants are easiest walking distance from Lagunamar. We are looking for very good to excellent restaurants and are happy to splurge on a wonderful experience. Can I ask for some recommendations -- and please also comment if any are on the beach, because we love those restaurants.

Thank you!

Best,

Greg
There are plenty of restaurants at La Isla across the street. From cheaper casual fare to expensive options. All within walking distance. Now these are of course the Gringo options, but we often dine over there for the convenience. We always enjoy La Madonna and this last trip we went to Cambalache. If you do go there, order the Soufflé Potatoes. They were certainly not what we were expecting, but were rather tasty. It isn't a potato souffle. If your kids like french fries, they will love these things. If you do ever dine across the street, or at many other places. Talk with the concierge and have them make a reservation or call over to let them know you are on the way. You will often get a discount or welcome drink by booking through the Westin Concierge.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

Thank you!

Best,

Greg
We just got back and I highly recommend Rosa Negre(just opened in November), not cheap but the food and service was excellent. Portion sizes were very generous. easily the best steak I have had in Cancun, better than Puerto Madero or Cambalache. The chocolate sphere desert was expensive but very very good

Reaction score
We went to the Thai place in La Isla Mall. It has great food and lovely outdoor cabanas for great ambiance. Some of the cabanas are in the gardern area and some right over the lagoon. Both are fantastic. It was a wonderful dining experience. (We did reserve through the Concierge, and we got the 10% discount once we reminded the waiter.)

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
We went to the Thai place in La Isla Mall. It has great food and lovely outdoor cabanas for great ambiance. Some of the cabanas are in the gardern area and some right over the lagoon. Both are fantastic. It was a wonderful dining experience. (We did reserve through the Concierge, and we got the 10% discount once we reminded the waiter.)

We went there too. It was good and the ambience good. Definitely would recommend as well.
Jugo de Limon for breakfast.
El Fish fritango is across the street a block or two down. Also La Distillia

Harry’s is another favorite of ours but a quick bus ride. Also another thumbs up for Puerto Madero.

Blue Gecko for very casual place but not close to Lagunamar. It’s closer to the Westin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk