• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar question ...

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
As long as your fil can make it to La Isla, you might want to hop on a bus and try Puerto Madero or one of the other options farther down the road. We take a taxi back. Or, if we're really splurging, we take a taxi both ways for another few dollars.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
What's the steak house that moved in from down the street. Argentina? I heard it was really good. Check with the concierge - they have menus. Let them make your reservation and there will usually be a discount or free drink in it for you.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Across the street from Costco is a Churrascaria steak house restaurant called Bovinos. It is half the price of the hotel zone restaurants for all you care to eat of great meat. Beef,pork,buffalo, etc. great salad be with shrimp etc. google them. You won’t be disappointed. Service is excellent.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The sidewalk from La Isla to Fish Fritanga is ROUGH! I would not recommend walking if you are not in good shape. High curbs and bad angles make it it tough walk.

Tfziggs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
Wow, appreciate all the restaurant reviews. You Tuggers are awesome!
Based on what I had read here, was planning to eat at Oceano at least a couple times for dinner and maybe once for breakfast/brunch. We’ll likely also try Jugo De Limon for breakfast as I understand you can watch the dolphins while eating - which my kids, I’m sure, will love. Otherwise, for breakfast and lunch, we plan on buying groceries from Soriano and eating in our room (though I’m sure we will do some lunches from the pool restaurant for convince).
For dinner, was planning on checking out El Fish Fritanga one night but will make sure the walk is doable for my father in-law.
Also hoping to take advantage of the built in babysitters (in-laws) for a night out with no kids. Any of the recommendations better suited for couples vs families?
Beyond food, was looking at a day trip (without the in-laws) to either xcaret or Isla Mujeres, but both look like long days and not sure my 3 yr old (who still naps) would last. Oh well, guess we will just have to relax at the resort enjoying the activities, water, beach and (hopefully) sunshine instead.
Thanks, all!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
For a couples night I would suggest Henry’s. Sunset view over the lagoon and great steaks and seafood.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
As long as your fil can make it to La Isla, you might want to hop on a bus and try Puerto Madero or one of the other options farther down the road. We take a taxi back. Or, if we're really splurging, we take a taxi both ways for another few dollars.

Puerto Madero is our favorite in Cancun. Three excellent and fun dinners there over two trips. Take the taxi both ways.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's the steak house that moved in from down the street. Argentina? I heard it was really good. Check with the concierge - they have menus. Let them make your reservation and there will usually be a discount or free drink in it for you.

Are you referring to Cambalache Cancun at the La Isla Mall? It's part of the same restaurant group as Puerto Madero. We went to both restaurants during our last visit and realized they have a similar menu. Same great food, but different ambiance. I take the convenience of the walk across the street over lagoon view, but DW prefers the water view.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Are you referring to Cambalache Cancun at the La Isla Mall? It's part of the same restaurant group as Puerto Madero. We went to both restaurants during our last visit and realized they have a similar menu. Same great food, but different ambiance. I take the convenience of the walk across the street over lagoon view, but DW prefers the water view.
Yes, that's the one

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Yes La Madonna is closed permanantly

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Puerto Madero is our favorite in Cancun. Three excellent and fun dinners there over two trips. Take the taxi both ways.

Puerto Madero is my favorite restaurant anywhere! They have a few locations and the first time I had it was Mexico City but the Cancun one is just as awesome with a great view of the bay.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score