• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar question ...

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Do they still give you a free bottle of laundry soap in the villa at Lagunamar? Saves me space and weight in the suitcase if they do.

Also, anybody been to Isla Mujeras lately? Last time we were there they had some kind of regatta going on and it was super crowded.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they still give you a free bottle of laundry soap in the villa at Lagunamar? Saves me space and weight in the suitcase if they do.

Also, anybody been to Isla Mujeras lately? Last time we were there they had some kind of regatta going on and it was super crowded.
yes they did when we were last there in February

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Yes. If you need more just ask your housekeeper.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes. If you need more just ask your housekeeper.
Unless you are there a long time, it would be hard to go through an entire bottle. Largest amount of laundry detergent provided by any Marriott or Vistana property I know of.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Unless you are there a long time, it would be hard to go through an entire bottle. Largest amount of laundry detergent provided by any Marriott or Vistana property I know of.

Yes, I agree. We usually book for 9-10 days in a 2 bedroom, but never even get through 1 bottle. And we do a load everyday.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I have 4 adults traveling so laundry gets piled up fast, lol.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Any other questions? I'm currently at lagunamar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Absolutely HORRIBLE! Saw someone with yellow tags in their back pocket, but never saw any put on chairs. Several chairs near us had towels but never saw a body. All chairs with an umbrella were "being used".

Pretty darn warm and sunny, but not complaining was 32 in Madison this morning. (According to my phone)

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What building are you in? Happy hour times at each pool?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Building 5, 6th floor. 2br lo studio side is dead center on main pool. Our friends are taking some very nice pics from their balcony. We haven't really been around for happy hour. Friday happy hour was from 3 to 4 at the smaller pool(Duna).

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building 5, 6th floor. 2br lo studio side is dead center on main pool. Our friends are taking some very nice pics from their balcony. We haven't really been around for happy hour. Friday happy hour was from 3 to 4 at the smaller pool(Duna).

post pictures from the balcony please

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
The night pic is from full moon Saturday night. We were out celebrating, so we didn't get a shot of the moon rise

Pics are from 565.
0616f633911b120ac3eaa79a2b2a6a24.jpg
32cbe54090a43a32078924e8da0b1f7a.jpg

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
how is the "pool chair hog" situation?
Witnessed a confrontation today(from a distance so this is my interpretation). Older woman got pissy because some younger men were in "her pool chairs." One of the parties, I'm assuming older woman, got hotel staff involved. End of story younger men got to stay in the seats. I'm guessing woman tried the I've been doing this for 20 years argument (just from body language) we put our towels on the chairs. Of course these were premium seats, immediately poolside. I wanted to congratulate the men on standing their ground and prevailing.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
there are so many chairs at Lagunamar, I do not understand why anyone would have an argument about that. Between the big infinity pool, the small infinity pool, the pool in the middle in the main section AND the beach, we never had a problem getting chairs. Lagunamar is much better than many other resorts we have been to where you are out of luck if you do not go to the pool/beach by a certain time. Anyways, great pictures, enjoy your stay!

Tfziggs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
Will be at WLR with my wife, kids (8, 6 & 3 yr old) along with my in-laws in Nov. It is our first time staying at the resort and this site has been invaluable in our trip planning/prep - thank you! A few additional questions that I didn’t find answers to reading through previous postings:
1. Do they have daily activities that the kids can participate in? (we own at WKV and our kids love to participate in the activities, curious if they have/what the activities are at WKR)
2. Are pool floaties available at the grocery store in town? Will they fill them (or do they have a air pump to use) at WLR? Any issues with them in the pool?
3. Are you allowed to bring your own drinks to the pool vs purchasing from the pool bar?
4. My father in-law recently had heart surgery. He is mobile and able to walk but tires easily. We are planning to eat most dinners across the street at La Isla. Looking online it seems building 5 is the closest to the mall, so planning on requesting this building. Would this be best for that reason?
Thanks!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The answer to your question #4 is definitely yes. And although it is the furthest building from the beach, the views are stunning from the upper floors (we were on the seventh floor).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Will be at WLR with my wife, kids (8, 6 & 3 yr old) along with my in-laws in Nov. It is our first time staying at the resort and this site has been invaluable in our trip planning/prep - thank you! A few additional questions that I didn’t find answers to reading through previous postings:
1. Do they have daily activities that the kids can participate in? (we own at WKV and our kids love to participate in the activities, curious if they have/what the activities are at WKR)
Plenty of activities for young and old alike

2. Are pool floaties available at the grocery store in town? Will they fill them (or do they have a air pump to use) at WLR? Any issues with them in the pool?
They have an air compressor at Lagunamar that you can use to fill up any floats you buy or bring with you. It is located at the towel hut at the north end of the resort, near the kiddie pool.

3. Are you allowed to bring your own drinks to the pool vs purchasing from the pool bar?
Shouldn't have an issue, but perhaps keep them discrete. Put them in your own glass.
4. My father in-law recently had heart surgery. He is mobile and able to walk but tires easily. We are planning to eat most dinners across the street at La Isla. Looking online it seems building 5 is the closest to the mall, so planning on requesting this building. Would this be best for that reason?
Thanks!

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Duna Happy Hour is 5-6

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
The night pic is from full moon Saturday night. We were out celebrating, so we didn't get a shot of the moon rise

Pics are from 565.
0616f633911b120ac3eaa79a2b2a6a24.jpg
32cbe54090a43a32078924e8da0b1f7a.jpg

Very jealous of you right now. We LOVE Cancun in the fall.

Tfziggs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
Thanks all for the replies! Will put a request in for building 5 and keep our fingers crossed. Looks like an amazing resort, really looking forward to our visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
You should plan on having at least 2 or 3 meals right at the resort. I recommend the Mexican Fiesta buffet and Steak Night. There are some nice restaurants at La Isla, too. We like Elephant and La Madonna. If you don't get building 5, 6 is just as good as you will use the same elevators to the lobby or ground level.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
El Fish Fritanga is awesome and you can walk to it. Also Tacun is very good for street tacos. Personally I though La Madonna was the worst Italian place I’ve ever been to. Henry’s is great for a sunset dinner and the service is excellent.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You should plan on having at least 2 or 3 meals right at the resort. I recommend the Mexican Fiesta buffet and Steak Night. There are some nice restaurants at La Isla, too. We like Elephant and La Madonna. If you don't get building 5, 6 is just as good as you will use the same elevators to the lobby or ground level.
Someone reported on one of my YouTube videos that La Madonna was closed. I haven't been able to confirm. On our last trip, the food was just okay.