• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar Pool

stive1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just read a review on trip advisor of people complaining about the pool being cold at the Westin. I know this has been an ongoing problem in the past but I thought I read a post from someone a couple of months ago who stated in their last owner update that Westin had installed a heater for the pool. Doesn't sound like it is in place yet if the information in the letter was correct. Sorry to hear this as we are going the end of January.

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
We were at the Westin Lagunamar on an exchange November 13-21.

I would say the pool was cool...you felt it when you got it. But not cold. You could clearly spend some time at the swim up bar, or relax in the pool for a while...but if you're tolerance runs bathwater warm...then it may be a problem. It was never really hot while we were there so I seldom felt the need to "cool off" so perhaps it felt cool due the air temps too. Didn't feel it was a problem.

bbb

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience has been that both the upper and lower pools have both been heated at times. For our first few visits, only the lower pool (closest to the ocean) was heated. The past two trips the upper pool has been warmer than the lower pool. It seems to me that they are not heating the lower pool to as high a temperature as they used to. BTW, we have been in November, January, and June.

jekgirl

Reaction score
I was at the Lagunamar on 12/2-3. The first day, we only went to the lower pool which was cool. After being in the pool for a little while we got used to the temperature. The second day, the lower pool was heated, but the upper pool was not. It was a little too hot for me. One of the moms there said that they probably heated it because the pools were too cold for the kids, so the kids were playing in the warm hot tub...and guests were complaining. The weather on the second day was actually sunnier. Both days, the hot tub was NOT hot.

K&PFitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
A review posted on Tripadvisor Dec 13 said that while they were there, heated water was pumped into the pool. By the way, they also said they bought while they were there, to add options to their St. John ownership.

calche

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pool temp status at Lagunamar?

Any new updates on the pool and hot tub temperature at Lagunamar? We will be there in a week. Just wondering if we need to buy wet suits... :hysterical:

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
based upon your personal tastes it will be ok, cool, or hot. It will certainly be wet.

The pools are definitely heated, however everyone has a different idea of comfort and the Lagunamar pool temperature has been a topic of conversation (contention) from the resort's opening.

My 74 year old parents returned on Sunday and said "it was fine." They have a pool at their condo in Florida, but it is not excessively heated, as some people prefer.

Paul

K&PFitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Latest on the pool from a TA review posted 12/22. They say they stayed in November.
"They installed a heater for the pool and the last day we were there turned it on. The water was quite warm."

I love the contrast in TA reviews. These people loved Lagunamar, and are repeat visitors. The previous reviewer hated it, and talks about bloodstains and pubic hair. A grain of salt with every review.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been following various discussions about whether their upper/lower pools were heated or not, since I will be there in May (first time, yeah!). The question I have is how large are the upper/lower pools? I am a lap swimmer and appreciate cool pools when I swim. If it is a small pool, then having warmer water is nice for just lounging around.

PS. I love this forum. Thank you very much from a TUG newbie. It's time for me to put in a few $ to be member here!

djdavid79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both pools, which are connected are HUGE. They are probably the biggest pools I have ever been in, and I think they say that they are the largest pool in Cancun. I could be wrong on that part.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
El Cid Resorts in Mazatlan has Mexico's biggest pool. not sure about the largest in the city of cancun.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most interesting. It's like 20 laps in an olympic size pool, considered average distance for a lap swimmer but certainly daunting just looking at it. 26 degrees C, does not require heating. ;)

calche

TUG Member
Reaction score
Upper pool temperature is nice

We were pleasantly surprised to find that the upper pool temperature was nice and warm, especially since there were many posts highlighting how cold the pool temperature at Lagunamar has been. :clap:

The lower pool was a bit cold, but once you get completely submerged into the pool and swim a bit, it is bearable.

The hot tub -- or actually "warm tub" -- seemed to be the same temperature as the upper pool. With it being windy and a bit cool in Cancun today, the hot tub was not hot enough to get you warmed up enough to get out and get dried without freezing.