• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar mid October

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I found a great deal on a studio in mid October. We can also make flights work to our favor.

Any thoughts on weather it will be too tight for 2 adults and two kids. Is worthwhile, considering the weather may be bad? Would we be able to take part in any excursions or other activities?

Thanks.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I found a great deal on a studio in mid October. We can also make flights work to our favor.

Any thoughts on weather it will be too tight for 2 adults and two kids. Is worthwhile, considering the weather may be bad? Would we be able to take part in any excursions or other activities?

Thanks.
October is height of hurricane season but that doesn’t mean anything. I’ve gone to the Bahamas every summer and fall during Hurricane S and usually have great weather. Even the day after Dorian last year it was beautiful last fall. You could have amazing weather or thunderstorms that pass. As far as size it depends on how old the kids are. Here is the layout for the studio. It’s essentially a large hotel room maybe even the same size.
6DFF5B4B-7FE5-4562-8C49-D60F06F94D16.png

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
we had a fabulous weather in October. I also liked that it did not feel busy, plenty of chairs by the pool, easy to get the best tables at any restaurant in Cancun. However, I would recommend to pay for the room and flights with a card that has cancellation insurance. It is during the hurricane season so you never know.
We prefer to stay in a 1 bdr but you can make it work in a studio. It depends on your preferences and how much time you spend in the room.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
We have gone in October before. It is HOT! and HUMID! Other than that, the weather pattern seemed to rain about 8 am for 20 minutes every day, then in the afternoon around 3-4 pm was a thunderstorm that lasted maybe an hour. Some of the excursions were either cancelled or rearranged to another day because of the rain down near Tulum/Costa Maya area. We went to XelHa and they had been closed for a couple of days because of rain. So check the weather before you book anything.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
My concern about that time of year is the sun sets so early that by 4:00 you are in the shade on the entire pool deck and it can get chilly. Remember the sun sets behind the building so it gets shady early.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The pools are in shade after 4PM indeed but I did not mind though because it was still very hot and we liked to take a break from the sun. The sunset is at 6:30, not to be missed at the restaurants on the lagoon side

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Talk to the Concierge about excursions, they can arrange everything for you, even dining. Also if you take the resort owner's update, you get a nice discount. My favorite excursion was the day trip to the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza. It's a long day, 10 hour trip, but you see a lot. They pick you up around 7AM, then drive around picking up people from other resorts. It's a nice, big, modern, comfortable bus with rest room, so that helps as it's a long ride. Along the way, they stop at a gift shop where you can browse all kinds of Mexican crafts and jewelry. Then they rake you on a tour through the town of Valladolid, very classic Mexican city. All the way, the tour is narrated and you will learn a lot. Next stop is Chichen Itza, a huge Mayan ruin with dozens of buildings and a huge pyramid. Part of your tour will be guided by someone from the tour company, then you will have some time to explore on your own. After seeing the ruins, they take you to a nearby restaurant for a buffet lunch and some live entertainment, music and dancing. Then they take you to a cenote, an underground sinkhole you can swim in. It's neat to see, but the water is COLD! On the way back to Cancun, they give you shots of tequila. Good time, well worth it!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
There are also several activities at Lagunamar. We like the games they play poolside, as well as soccer out on the beach. I always try the poolside bingo and try to win a bottle of tequila. One night they have a Mexican Fiesta buffet with a mariachi band that roams around playing at the tables. They usually show up around 7, so don't go too early. I also like their Steak Night event. Decent food at the resort, and several good restaurants across the street at the mall or a short cab ride away. The concierge can describe them and has menus. Great brick oven pizza by the large pool bar.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
Note that the studio has a queen bed while the one bedroom is a king. The kitchen is well equipped but a bit tight on space.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willow, Westin Lagunamar
the studio has basically no counter space, no dish-rack (only a small dish washer) and china for 4, so you have to be very creative to make a large meal.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We always found the studio adequate for 2 of us especially since it has a washer/dryer and full size refrigerator

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Don't get a studio! Get a 1 BR Premium.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
Thank you everybody. I decided to go for it.
$388 dollars for the studio seems like a no brainier as most hotels are $700 plus for a week during our fall school holidays.
Now just to get good flights with good prices.