• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar inventory in Aventuras

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the Westin Lagunamar inventory in Westin Aventuras? I hear it is not so great and that the Aventuras owners have been encouraged to search again at 8 months because nothing was available at 12

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the Westin Lagunamar inventory in Westin Aventuras? I hear it is not so great and that the Aventuras owners have been encouraged to search again at 8 months because nothing was available at 12, the opposite of what you want to hear.
What's available will be what is bought in from the hotel and leftover units from sales. WLR had been in sales a long time by the time Aventuras kicked off. Ocean View (the nose units) were gone in 2013 when I first toured.

The above is quite possible a problem in that system but not the points system.

Second thought on this. As 1st owners sell out of WLR, will that reduce staroption exchange availability? I imagine it will as they won't be eligible units anymore.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Second thought on this. As 1st owners sell out of WLR, will that reduce staroption exchange availability? I imagine it will as they won't be eligible units anymore.

Yes - if a week is not in SVN then it cannot be made available via SO as well. It would only be available via a home resort reservation or trading in II if exchanged by the owner. I think this is part of the reason why Vistana has encouraged doing retros at certain voluntary resorts.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If my estimate is correct, only 7-10% of the Westin Aventuras inventory is Lagunamar. This is based on the fact that both Cabos and the other Cancun resort are new to the system so 100% of their units went into Aventuras. Vistana could not transfer more that 15% of Lagunamar into Aventuras because it did not own more.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's available will be what is bought in from the hotel and leftover units from sales. WLR had been in sales a long time by the time Aventuras kicked off. Ocean View (the nose units) were gone in 2013 when I first toured.

The above is quite possible a problem in that system but not the points system.

the more resale owners the lower the SO inventory indeed. Not a problem at this moment, maybe in the future and when MVC will be able to book Lagunamar and the other Vistana resorts (at 8 months?)