• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagoon Tower Penthouse

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Please excuse my confusion about the 2470 unit since I have never stayed in it. When facing the elevators the 2471 unit is immediately to the left. Isn't the 2470 unit the next one on the left and the one with the elevator noise problem? If it is, then what is the unit number for the back corner unit that you are suggesting asking NOT to be assigned that is on the right side of the elevators?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We stayed in 2472 in the corner. The master is upstairs and is noisier than the studio below. The studio is across a small hallway to the right of elevator that leads to the laundry and stairs so provides a buffer on the noise. The master doesn't have this buffer.

@frank808 You mentioned that you have stayed in the garden view penthouse 2460 "B". Is this unit or the unit across from the elevators quieter?

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We stayed in 2472 in the corner. The master is upstairs and is noisier than the studio below. The studio is across a small hallway to the right of elevator that leads to the laundry and stairs so provides a buffer on the noise. The master doesn't have this buffer.

@frank808 You mentioned that you have stayed in the garden view penthouse 2460 "B". Is this unit or the unit across from the elevators quieter?

I don't know the room numbers so I will try to describe the locations. I have stayed in the Penthouse Corner Unit that is over the main entrance to the Lagoon Tower. We sleep in the only downstairs bedroom, which wasn't a lockoff, and thought that was the Master Bedroom. Wasn't it? Are you saying that the other Penthouse Corner Unit that is to the right of the elevators has a lockout Studio?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Tamaradarann I seem to recall that the lower bedroom is a full studio with a separate entry door in the foyer and separate deck. The master and one other bedroom are upstairs. I believe they only reserve it as one unit and don't offer the studio separately,

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Tamaradarann I seem to recall that the lower bedroom is a full studio with a separate entry door in the foyer and separate deck. The master and one other bedroom are upstairs. I believe they only reserve it as one unit and don't offer the studio separately,

I would think that it would be the same layout as the Penthouse 3BR across the hall and I didn't realize that it was a Studio. But to be a Studio it would need a kitchen and I don't remember a kitchen.

Well with the Grandchildren being in Hawaii the bedroom layout wasn't a prime thought and if the bedroom downstairs wasn't the master bedroom it was still great. The saving grace was that we didn't have to lug our heavily packed luggage up the stairs.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I seem to recall that it had a mini fridge, sink and microwave as you walk in the door. My brother and SIL stayed in that room and it has been a few years so my memory may have faded.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
If I remember correctly 2471 was the 2br that has the master upstairs under the elevator equipment. That was the unit that has the click click sound and then the whining of the motors for the elevator. Unit 2470 is immediately to the left of the elevator bank while looking at it. 2470 is the studio downstairs with a lanai. In 2471(2br) there is the lock out door before the stairs leading up to the second floor. This is the door that turns 2470&2471 into 3br lockoff unit.

I have stayed in the corner 3br units facing the mountain also. These have a wrap around balcony. I have never had noise from the elevators in any of the corner units. If 2460 is the unit directly across the elevator bank I have not had a problem with elevator noise in that unit. The only unit with noise that I have encountered was the unit directly to the left of the elevator bank while looking at the elevator which is 2470/2471.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I remember correctly 2471 was the 2br that has the master upstairs under the elevator equipment. That was the unit that has the click click sound and then the whining of the motors for the elevator. Unit 2470 is immediately to the left of the elevator bank while looking at it. 2470 is the studio downstairs with a lanai. In 2471(2br) there is the lock out door before the stairs leading up to the second floor. This is the door that turns 2470&2471 into 3br lockoff unit.

I have stayed in the corner 3br units facing the mountain also. These have a wrap around balcony. I have never had noise from the elevators in any of the corner units. If 2460 is the unit directly across the elevator bank I have not had a problem with elevator noise in that unit. The only unit with noise that I have encountered was the unit directly to the left of the elevator bank while looking at the elevator which is 2470/2471.

That is what I recall and think is correct. The 2470/71 unit is the elevator problem unit with the Studio which is just to the left of the elevators. I know the Studio is 2471 since _ _ 71 is one of the two the Studio Stacks in the Lagoon Tower. 2470 must be the 2BR that has the master bedroom with the elevator noise problem. The corner Penthouse Units should NOT have an elevator noise problem since they are not adjacent to the elevators.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I just found this, so hopefully it will clear up any confusion:

1611239145378.png

I have stayed in both 2470 and 2471, and they both have elevator noise problem, just not as much noise in 2471, the studio side, whereas the master in 2470 is really really bad. While I haven't stay in the dedicated 3-bedroom 2472/2473 unit before, I remember reading a few reviews that 2472 has the elevator noise problem too, but I don't know how bad since I haven't stayed in it. Like you said, 2460 is across the elevator, and I read it is okay as far as noise is concern.

So, in summary, if booking a 3 bedroom penthouse unit, you stand the chance of getting 2 possible units with noise issues, the 2470/2471 unit combo when not locked off, or the back corner 2472/2473 that is a dedicated (non-lockoff) unit. It's strange for that rear corner unit to have two units numbers assigned, but it only has one door entrance, so go figure. Although 2470/2471 can be a 3-bedroom unit, I would think it would be rare to get assigned that unit combo because I believe they probably get broken up since they get booked separately before getting booked as a 3 bedroom.

Hope that clears up all the confusion about room numbers and where. I know I can't remember well either. Hopefully I didn't provide any false information regarding room numbers before. If I did, I apologize, please refer to this post/pic for more accurate info about the 24th floor penthouse units.

Great3

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed in both 2470 and 2471, and they both have elevator noise problem, just not as much noise in 2471, the studio side, whereas the master in 2470 is really really bad. While I haven't stay in the dedicated 3-bedroom 2472/2473 unit before, I remember reading a few reviews that 2472 has the elevator noise problem too, but I don't know how bad since I haven't stayed in it.
Now that you mention it, I think I was in the 2472/2473 unit, because I remember it was on a corner. (I think this is the 3BR that is typically reported by RCI exchangers, and that's how I was staying there). I definitely remember the elevator noise, though it certainly didn't ruin my stay and I'd be glad to get that unit via exchange again.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have had 2470 as a 2br and another party was in 2471. Have also had 2470/2471 to make a 3br unit. It can be used as a 2br and studio or 3br from my previous experiences.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The diagram is helpful. I was referring to 2472/73. The studio in 2472 appeared quiet because there is a hallway buffer in-between. 2473 experienced noise in the master directly upstairs. We did not have problems with noise in the other bedrooms or in the main areas.

The front desk acknowledge that the elevator noise is why they reserve it for RCI exchangers. If we stay in 2473 again, I would not stay in the master and would stay in one of the other bedrooms making it a 2 bdrm because other than the upstairs master noise, it is a terrific unit.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would think they would reserve 2470/71 for the exchangers. The master bedroom is right below the elevator machinery. It is very loud and goes on all hours of the night. It does slow down late like 2am. But then when someone calls an elevator you will know.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think they would reserve 2470/71 for the exchangers. The master bedroom is right below the elevator machinery. It is very loud and goes on all hours of the night. It does slow down late like 2am. But then when someone calls an elevator you will know.

Makes sense Frank,

But I imagine since that's a lock-off capable unit, it probably gets booked separately already, and therefore can't be consistently reserved for RCI exchanges. They can't split the back corner unit with only a single door entrance.

Great3

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, I just found this, so hopefully it will clear up any confusion:

View attachment 31328

I have stayed in both 2470 and 2471, and they both have elevator noise problem, just not as much noise in 2471, the studio side, whereas the master in 2470 is really really bad. While I haven't stay in the dedicated 3-bedroom 2472/2473 unit before, I remember reading a few reviews that 2472 has the elevator noise problem too, but I don't know how bad since I haven't stayed in it. Like you said, 2460 is across the elevator, and I read it is okay as far as noise is concern.

So, in summary, if booking a 3 bedroom penthouse unit, you stand the chance of getting 2 possible units with noise issues, the 2470/2471 unit combo when not locked off, or the back corner 2472/2473 that is a dedicated (non-lockoff) unit. It's strange for that rear corner unit to have two units numbers assigned, but it only has one door entrance, so go figure. Although 2470/2471 can be a 3-bedroom unit, I would think it would be rare to get assigned that unit combo because I believe they probably get broken up since they get booked separately before getting booked as a 3 bedroom.

Hope that clears up all the confusion about room numbers and where. I know I can't remember well either. Hopefully I didn't provide any false information regarding room numbers before. If I did, I apologize, please refer to this post/pic for more accurate info about the 24th floor penthouse units.

Great3

The Map certainly does clear up the confusion. So while the 2472 part of 2472/2473 actually is a studio with a separtate number but it can't be used as a separate studio since it doesn't have an exterior door. I guess at some point they expected to cut a separate door into the hallway but perhaps the Fire Inspector told them they couldn't put a door in the narrow hallway which is a main means of egress for the floor or since the Studio is so small they couldn't figure out how to open a door into the room with the furniture and cabinetry.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats on getting IMHO the best 3br unit in Lagoon. Bit of history for that unit as it was Don Ho's old apartment.

Enjoy the massive balcony.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I am at the Lagoon Tower now. Checked in yesterday. I decided not to request a specific room. I received room 2467. Oceanfront marina side. It is beautiful.
Fantastic news! Thanks for sharing the outcome :)
Have a wonderful and relaxing stay. Please share a photo of when you get a chance :cool:.
Lol, I’m tired of snow.

1613774688515.jpeg

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that the key? ;) Because I requested and got the worse 3 bedroom ever in the entire HGVC system.
I did not request and got the worst 3br in Lagoon not once but TWICE.