• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagoon Tower HGVC construction view?

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be at the Lagoon Tower of Hilton Hawaiian Village in mid-March in a 'no view' 1 bedroom. I know that there is considerable construction for the new HGVC. Has anyone been there recently who could give me an idea if my 'no view' will be a crane/construction view?

nonutrix

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there in October (not all that recently), but the footings for the new building were being put in, so you could tell where the new building was going to be located.
It is along side the parking garage, between the Lagoon tower and the Kalia tower. So the new building was not directly on any side of the Lagoon tower.
However, they did close the Lagoon tower pool for construction of a new pool around the front and side of the Lagoon tower, so there could be some construction from that. Also the green lawn between the Lagoon tower and the main check-in area was closed for construction.

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
they did close the Lagoon tower pool for construction of a new pool around the front and side of the Lagoon tower, so there could be some construction from that. Also the green lawn between the Lagoon tower and the main check-in area was closed for construction.
Do you know what is the scheduled completion date for the pool and the lawn area? I don't think they'll finish the pool by April (I'll be there during Spring break:) ) but maybe the lawn area?

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building Schedule for HHV

I kept looking and answered my own questions. I hope this anwers everyone else's too.

Check out this link for maps of affected areas, artists plans, building schedules, expected disruptions, etc. It looks like it will be great when it is done, but might be a mess until the end of 2008. I plan to be there in March and June of this year, I won't mind the mess as much if I know what to expect.

http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/rejuvenation/

nonutrix

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is great. How did you find this web site? I notice it's from hiltonhawaiianvillage.com but from hiltonhawaiianvillage.com, there's no link to "rejuvenation".

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
How to find HHV construction info

I'm not sure exactly how I found it the first time. I first found it on the Hilton Hawaiian website, then tried to return and had the devil of a time finding it again! It is buried in the site. On the site, go to media>press releases>Jan. 22, 2007>then look for the link at the bottom of the letter called: www.villagerejuvenation.com. As I said, this is "buried" in the site.

I hope this helps those who are thinking about booking HHV! It always helps to be informed.

nonutrix

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. I read that letter but I guess I missed that link at the end! Thanks again. I guess in the end, it won't make much difference. I am going to HHV and that's that!

BTW, have you been to the Waikoloa Suites yet? We were there last year and the unit we stayed in was very nice. The question the next time I go to the Big Island is whether to stay in the more luxurious new units and have access to HWV's facilities or stay at the much bigger and slightly better view of the Bay Club.

nonutrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in the Waikoloa Suites this past June and will be there again this June for 10 days. It will be a tough call - spend fewer points and stay in a one bedroom at the Bay Club or more points for two bedrooms and hotel access. We will probably lean toward the suites for a while as long as we have the points, mostly because it is 'home.'

nonutrix