• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kudos for Alaska Air

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week we flew from Sacamento to Spokane via Sea-Tac to visit our grandkids as close to Christmas as we could. Our return flight on Monday evening (Dec 22)was cancelled with just about every other flight in the Pacific Northwest. Not one to sit around, I rented a car and drove all night headed west to get over the mountain pass. I had my wife speed dialing Alaska & Horizon while driving and after about 3 hours she got thru and confirmed a flight for 6:30 am out of Portland on Horizon. We were headed for Seattle thinking that would be our best bet to catch a flight, so we hung a left and headed south to Portland. Some snow on the road, but not too bad until we got about 20 miles north of Portland. At that point it was real tough, but we made it to the airport. Right after turning in the rental car around 3am, we received an alert on our cell phones that the flight we had booked out of Portland was now also cancelled because the plane was stuck somewhere else. Back to the phones to call Alaska & Horizon. They were able to put us on what was an unscheduled flight from Portland to San Francisco @ 9:30am. This was one of two planes they were able to get into Portland that night in anticipation of a break in the weather the next morning. I don't think anyone on that plane had an original destination of San Francisco, but we were all elated that Alaska Air made the effort to help as many stranded passengers as possible get closer to home. From SFO it was an easy 2 hour drive to the Sacramento airport to get our car. I've already sent a nice email to Alaska Air thanking them for their outstanding customer service allowing us to be home this Christmas morning with the rest of the family.

Last edited: