• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KoOlina again 7/09 - airfare so high

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got a trade to Koolina again = July 09.

But not airfare is so high and I can't seem to get any ff award trips.

What to do? Do you think airfare will come down or ff will open up?

flying from PHL area.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go now. Next years prices will be higher because jet fuel will cost more.

$700 billion bail out means people are putting their money into gold and oil rather than the once all mighty dollar.

Of course, if I was so darn smart, I'd be rich. :D

Just my guess as a non economist. But Sunday's paper said the general public had as good a track record as any economist.

Sterling

Palguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep checking everyday for ff offers. Just snatched up 3 tix to HNL for July 27 thru Aug 10 next year from Continental last week. They seem to change the offerings on Sundays at Continental, check and see which days the offers are put up and check as soon after midnight the day of the changes. I work shift work and am able to look right at midnight lots of the time and have had good luck securing 3 out of the last 4 years that way.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check airfares from PHilly to Los Angeles; then check Hawaiian Air, American Airlines or United for fares from lax to Oahu. Might find doing that combo a bit cheaper if there is a sale going on in California. :)

Remember Jet Blue to Long Beach, CA also -- they are pretty good.

Reaction score
HI -2009 @ Ko Olina in Lock off Unit

Lock off in Ouahu - Here I come!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just scored a lockoff unit at KoOlina in Mid August 2009 (8/16-23).

Can I make it in a week in a lockoff unit? We only have one child.

I am hoping to grab another week before or after on another island, Maui or Kaui.

Since I have never been to HI, I will take any thing I can get.

Do you think I will get an exchange quicker if I go for smaller unit?

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go now. Next years prices will be higher because jet fuel will cost more....Sterling

I'm not convinced of that. Prices really rose this past summer (to $140+/barrel), but then dropped to ~$100 over the last 10 days. I'm not sure they'd go up much higher than they were this summer.

If I had to bet on airfares, I'm thinking you'll see lower prices. My feeling is the economy is sliding downwards, and I think airlines are going to have to offer somewhat reasonable airfares next year to try to get people with already strained wallets to fly.

I think it's way too early to have any type of fare sale (for July 09), and FF seats now are often released in spurts (unlike previous years, where a chunk of them would be released ~11 months out).

Jeff

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
yeah, I think I'll have to hold out a while. It was around $1200 to $1400 last night. I prefer US Air as I have preferred status for upgrades. Plus I have some FF miles to use. (Don't have too many on contential).

I normally pretty picky on which flights to take (no more than 1 stop and the shortest overall flight)

Looks like I'll have to consider more stops or put up some big bucks.

If anyone see's air to Oahu (or anywhere in Hawaii) from PHL or NWK or JKF cheap in July 09 - please let me know.

Love KoOlina - but it this economy don't want to spend a ton of airfare.