• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kona worldmark and wyndham

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these seperate resorts or do they share the same resort? The Wyndham pictures look more upscale. Will the worldmark be OK for a family of 4?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Two different resorts on the same road. The Worldmark Kona is across the street from a public beach and walking distance to Kona Harbor. Very nice resort but no ocean views. Wyndam Kona is further down the road and maybe too far to walk to the harbor and no beach across the street.

As far as location I like the Worldmark Kona better. I haven't stayed at the Wyndham Kona but have been to the WM Kona and it was very well equipped.

Bill

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
I'm confused by your response @easyrider , but I bet there's more than one Worldmark in Kona. We stayed at the Wyndham Kona Hawaiian at 75-5961 Ali'I Drive in June/July and it was right next door to a Worldmark at 75-5949 Ali'i Drive, which makes me think that's what you're asking about @Tacoma - on Googlemaps it looks like the Worldmark is close enough to the Wyndham check-in building that they could both use the same facilities. But as far as I could tell, they operate as separate entities. So, I can't comment on the Worldmark, but we loved the theming at the Wyndham, and commented on the fact that the WM looked a little bland on the outside...inside the units could be glorious for all I know, though, LOL. But they're both right about the same location, the Wyndham units go further up the hill away from the shore and afford some views of the water. We found it walkable to Honl's beach and into Kona, and also walkable the other direction, where we grabbed coffee at Green Flash and popped into the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff to see what we thought of it, also nice, but more contemporary feeling.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm confused by your response @easyrider , but I bet there's more than one Worldmark in Kona. We stayed at the Wyndham Kona Hawaiian at 75-5961 Ali'I Drive in June/July and it was right next door to a Worldmark at 75-5949 Ali'i Drive, which makes me think that's what you're asking about @Tacoma - on Googlemaps it looks like the Worldmark is close enough to the Wyndham check-in building that they could both use the same facilities. But as far as I could tell, they operate as separate entities. So, I can't comment on the Worldmark, but we loved the theming at the Wyndham, and commented on the fact that the WM looked a little bland on the outside...inside the units could be glorious for all I know, though, LOL. But they're both right about the same location, the Wyndham units go further up the hill away from the shore and afford some views of the water. We found it walkable to Honl's beach and into Kona, and also walkable the other direction, where we grabbed coffee at Green Flash and popped into the Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff to see what we thought of it, also nice, but more contemporary feeling.

You are right. I forgot about the Wyndham behind the Worldmark. I saw a Wyndham that was down Ali Drive a few miles away from Worldmark on our last trip. It has been a while since we were in Kona and I don't remember the Wyndham behind the WM when we stayed at the WM Kona. The WM Kona is nice enough but I like ocean front so we stay at the VI Sea Village. Have not a clue of how nice the Wyndham's are in Kona. They can't be too bad, imo.

Bill

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
You are right. I forgot about the Wyndham behind the Worldmark. I saw a Wyndham that was down Ali Drive a few miles away from Worldmark on our last trip. It has been a while since we were in Kona and I don't remember the Wyndham behind the WM when we stayed at the WM Kona. The WM Kona is nice enough but I like ocean front so we stay at the VI Sea Village. Have not a clue of how nice the Wyndham's are in Kona. They can't be too bad, imo.

Bill
Gotcha, that makes sense. There are 3 Wyndhams in the Kona area. I just looked up Sea Village, that's right where we stopped in for coffee at Green Flash cafe! Great spot. We really enjoyed our visit to Big Island. I love that this thread has made me pop around Google Maps...nice to dream about Hawaii on a winter's day here in New England :)

PaulT

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort 5-6 years ago. It was very nice and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. There aren't a whole lot of activities at the t/s but the accommodations are quite large, well equipped and have quality furniture that is in good shape. We didn't mind the lack of activities because we spent very little time at the t/s except to sleep and do some occasional cooking.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Of the 3 Wyndham properties in Kona area we enjoy Kona Hawaiian Resort the most. No ocean views (maybe a sliver from a few units) and abt 1 mile walk into town. The Royal Sea-Cliff is OK but not many of the Wyndham owned rooms have an ocean view. We stayed there on an RCI exchange years ago and had a 2BR with an awesome OV. Mauna Loa Village is nice but no OV rooms. Quiet place though.

The WM property just north of the KHR reminds me of an apt complex. Never stayed there and no desire to.