• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Koala warns Wyndham is cancelling reservations based on Wyndham's "updated policy" Anyone know what's up?

Reaction score
EH - Let's say an owner puts a 3N weekend into EH. If EH rents just 2 of the nights you would receive 60% of whatever price they sell the reservation for. Then, the worst part. The person who "bought" your reservation can cancel up to 72 hours with a 100% refund. And, within 72 hours the renter is charged 1 night. The owner would receive ZERO on a reservation cancelled 72 hours ahead. And 60% of one night rental if cancelled within 72 hours of travel. That would be a huge loss for most, and the major reason most owners are resistant to use EH.

WManning

Reaction score
What is the split if they only rent part of it?
If they only rent 3 days
EH - Let's say an owner puts a 3N weekend into EH. If EH rents just 2 of the nights you would receive 60% of whatever price they sell the reservation for. Then, the worst part. The person who "bought" your reservation can cancel up to 72 hours with a 100% refund. And, within 72 hours the renter is charged 1 night. The owner would receive ZERO on a reservation cancelled 72 hours ahead. And 60% of one night rental if cancelled within 72 hours of travel. That would be a huge loss for most, and the major reason most owners are resistant to use EH.
This scenario makes paying $5k in GC`s look good.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And the EH website sucks. Surprised? I get certificate errors and can't complete a search. My tech support (son (and an IT professional who knows his stuff) ) says it's on their side. When I called and talked to them, and had them search for me, they didn't care - said yeah, that's why you should call. They must be on commission?

It's a hard business model, I would think. Owners turn over weeks, but renters can book as little as 2 nights. And allowing renters to cancel 72 hours in advance but owners have to cancel their reservations 15 days in advance. They are lots of things Wyndham could do to make EH better (for renters and owners). We could go on and on, EH shows little if no evidence that Wyndham gives a hoot.

Last edited:

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
All the various EH rules and downsides for owners renting through it make me think that Wyndham is trying to discourage renting, even when they will get a large slice of the pie. (Disclaimer: never used EH, never rented out a unit).

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
All the various EH rules and downsides for owners renting through it make me think that Wyndham is trying to discourage renting, even when they will get a large slice of the pie. (Disclaimer: never used EH, never rented out a unit).
On the otherhand...
* Great marketing tool for the sales team - rent your extra points
* Owners book weeks and turn them over to EH - what percentage of rooms turned over the EH go unrented - burns points - so less points out there, less competition for our valued owners and want to book and go on vacation
* I would guess above average marks for the sales team (big spenders, great targets for tours)
* Literally no risk to Wyndham, doesn't rent, nothing out of their pocket, if it does highly profitable

If Wyndham were truly interested in providing value to their owners, it would be run differently.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
EH is a good deal for Wyndham, and way too much risk for the owner. I would not touch EH.

Reaction score
Wyndham is reducing benefits to VIP. I'm guessing they spent a ton of $$ to facilitate the developer/resale split accounting. Now they are spending energy on sending emails about commercial use to people that have rented just a few reservations here and there.

They are overbooking. Owners are being turned away at resorts due to booking errors. Either the unit not available at all, or not the reserved size. They updated the programing to enforce the 1x owner reservation, but accidentally cancelled 12,000 reservations. I see the "oops" and "something happened" on a regular basis. I'm forced to log in twice EACH.....AND.....EVERY......TIME. Plus get kicked out requiring logging in yet again.
My view - the elimination of cancel/rebook reduced renting several years ago. The developer/resale split along with the "owner priority" weeded out a lot of renting naturally this last year. What Wyndham has already done has already shown benefit. It is time for Wyndham to move on. Can we encourage Wyndham to put their energy and time and money on programing improvements?
Complaining here is not going to change anything. I've been using the "give feedback" on a regular basis. How about we start a campaign? Every owner reading TUG submit one feedback 3 to 4 times a week. Hitchhiker indicates they do read the feedback. Can we encourage Wyndham to work harder on the website bugs?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Owners turn over weeks
I'm thinking about booking something in 2023 ARP to keep in my pocket in case I want to turn it over to EH, and it's definitely only going to be a long weekend, not a week, for that exact reason.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm thinking about booking something in 2023 ARP to keep in my pocket in case I want to turn it over to EH, and it's definitely only going to be a long weekend, not a week, for that exact reason.

I've done that. I have five night reservations over Thanksgiving (11/22-11/27) and New Year (12/29-1/3) at Ocean Walk, the idea being that anyone who wants the weekend can't want too much less than five nights.

Ocean Walk wasn't on the EH list for a while. It is now. Also, Ocean Walk is not restricted ever.

WManning

Reaction score
On the otherhand...
* Great marketing tool for the sales team - rent your extra points
* Owners book weeks and turn them over to EH - what percentage of rooms turned over the EH go unrented - burns points - so less points out there, less competition for our valued owners and want to book and go on vacation
* I would guess above average marks for the sales team (big spenders, great targets for tours)
* Literally no risk to Wyndham, doesn't rent, nothing out of their pocket, if it does highly profitable

If Wyndham were truly interested in providing value to their owners, it would be run differently.
Wyndham seems to be interested in providing value only to their bottom line. Owners come and go every day. The exiting owners give back inventory for free that can be sold at $150/1000. EH brings in the next owners at no risk to Wyndham. Certified Exit is great marketing as it looks to be helping owners from being taken advantage from the exit teams. But the free inventory is used to bring in the next unsuspecting newlyweds or couples.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last minute rentals used to be 90% Wyndham. After the elimination of resale points and the "letters" that were sent out Wyndham rentals are not the majority. I would say Wyndham has started to eliminate some abuse of the system.

I disagree that is why you see less Wyndham rentals on last minute board. A lot of owners(me included) have gotten tired of people asking for something and never replying back. It’s not worth the trouble for most as there are too many other ways to use points. Owners are making longer reservations taking more points and using them elsewhere. Between the low rental cap 115.00 per nite and the blatant bad manners of people it’s not worth giving someone a great deal. As I’ve often told potential low ballers “if I want to give something away I’ll give it to someone I know” Only my opinion of course.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We have submitted this reported issue to Wyndham for clarification given the mixed reports seen today. The email some received seems pretty sloppy (grammatical errors) and overly generic to me. Not saying it’s not legit, but we want formal acknowledgment from Wyndham either way. Screenshot bellow for reference.

fe891074cb9d1ceb65444011e4e8288f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a couple of volunteers that actually received the email indicated in the screenshot I originally shared that came from a few FB forums. I’m getting some traction with Wyndham on the phishing concerns and need a couple of actual Wyndham owners to share their email with me if at all possible. Feel free to PM me here on TUG if you aren’t comfortable posting a screenshot of your email on this thread. Thanks in advance for your consideration on this request.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a Wyndham owner but if I understand correctly the big mega renter, Wyndham, is telling the small mega renters that they are not allowed to rent. This is because it is against rules made by the big mega renter that conveniently allow the big mega renter to do just that but not anybody else. Of course, the big mega renter claims these rules were made for the sole benefit of the owners.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need a couple of volunteers that actually received the email indicated in the screenshot I originally shared that came from a few FB forums. I’m getting some traction with Wyndham on the phishing concerns and need a couple of actual Wyndham owners to share their email with me if at all possible. Feel free to PM me here on TUG if you aren’t comfortable posting a screenshot of your email on this thread. Thanks in advance for your consideration on this request.

I did get that exact email I have been traveling so I have no idea if I received a certified letter. If I did it will have been returned to Wyndham. My email wanted me to sign it and send it back. I did notice which I have never seen before it’s signed Jim B I mean what the heck?

WManning

Reaction score
I am not a Wyndham owner but if I understand correctly the big mega renter, Wyndham, is telling the small mega renters that they are not allowed to rent. This is because it is against rules made by the big mega renter that conveniently allow the big mega renter to do just that but not anybody else. Of course, the big mega renter claims these rules were made for the sole benefit of the owners.
Hahaha! Pretty hypocritical but very similar to a old saying "Do as I say not as I do`

RENTER

Reaction score
Wyndham seems to be interested in providing value only to their bottom line. Owners come and go every day. The exiting owners give back inventory for free that can be sold at $150/1000. EH brings in the next owners at no risk to Wyndham. Certified Exit is great marketing as it looks to be helping owners from being taken advantage from the exit teams. But the free inventory is used to bring in the next unsuspecting newlyweds or couples.
The exiting owners on social media should make sure that potential new owners know of any problems they had with Wyndham. That would help stop it.

WManning

Reaction score
The exiting owners on social media should make sure that potential new owners know of any problems they had with Wyndham. That would help stop it.
Plenty of information at prospective buyers finger tips if they take the time to find it.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a very interesting thread about Wyndham new renting policies.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plenty of information at prospective buyers finger tips if they take the time to find it.
Short of lurking outside the sales floor at resorts, the necessary information is searchable here and all the Wyndham FB groups (except possibly the “Happy” owners group), as well as helpful owners willing to answer questions in real time. But the potential new owners need to take the time to do that search, either before they sign or during their rescission period.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
there is a group page for Unhappy Owners

Interesting - what is the FB group name? Not sure I want to join that group - but I'm curious. :cool:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There’s this one, started by a guy who was big mad about the VIP/resale changes last summer. Little did he know there were already unhappy owner groups out there!