• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Know of any cheap univ. that offer intersession courses

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the midst of an unemployment stretch where after I lost my job of many years due to a consolidation. I am considering going back to college to regain my teaching degree. I need six credits and was thinking it would be fun to study abroad. I can't afford to go for an entire semester but was thinking a four week session wouldn't be too bad.
I got this idea when my daughter called last week to ask if she could go to England for a four week course in May where she would get six credits.
I don't think the credits have to be graduate, just six general credits, and I would like to get them well before May-besides, I don't think my daughter would relish the idea of me tagging along with a bunch of her 20 something classmates.
I would really like to take spanish, but I can't seem to locate a four week course. I see it somewhat as kind of an adventure, does anyone know of any accredited courses that are somewhat on the inexpensive side? I am in Pennsylvania.
Has anyone else done anything like this?

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rutgers Camden appears to have a course of two during their Winter Session if you are in the Philadelphia area.
Can you tell me what London program your daughter is looking at? My son needs to make up 3 credits this summer and would like to do study abroad.

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the Rutgers classes is an Intro to Education class.

Best of luck in your job search-my husband is in the same boat-he has just gotten certified as a subsitute teacher and may look into getting teacher certification if the job market continues to be as bad as it has been....

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rutgers Camden appears to have a course of two during their Winter Session if you are in the Philadelphia area.
Can you tell me what London program your daughter is looking at? My son needs to make up 3 credits this summer and would like to do study abroad.

She is looking into a program that is co-sponsered by Bloomsburg University of PA and Lockhaven. The information from last year is located on the Lockhaven University site. The course starts in early May right after school gets out and lasts for four weeks. They get six credits for two different classes. The link is:

http://www.lhup.edu/international-studies/partners/england.htm

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am in the midst of an unemployment stretch where after I lost my job of many years due to a consolidation. I am considering going back to college to regain my teaching degree. I need six credits and was thinking it would be fun to study abroad.

You may have already looked into this, but in many states teaching credential requirements have changed dramatically in the last few years. Before I spent money on any classes, I would talk to someone who is qualified to look at your transcript and advise you - like the teacher's credentialing Dept. at your local college, or the PA Dept. of Ed. Credentialing Dept.

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You may have already looked into this, but in many states teaching credential requirements have changed dramatically in the last few years. Before I spent money on any classes, I would talk to someone who is qualified to look at your transcript and advise you - like the teacher's credentialing Dept. at your local college, or the PA Dept. of Ed. Credentialing Dept.

I have my teaching degree, actually two certifications. In PA you have to have six credits or 180 hours of ceu's every five years to maintain the certification at an active status. I need the two courses to reactivate my certifications. I thought I had sufficient CEU's by taking workshops and classes but the state of PA did not recognize CEU's from New York state. I shouldn't have any problems with a course with normal credits even if it from another state (or country) as long as it is affiliated with an accredited program.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could try Southern Utah University in Cedar City, Utah. They have a teacher' s program as well as many other majors. It's a small town and SUU has a great reputation but you'd pay more because you are not a state resident. You'd be close to Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, etc.
http://www.suu.edu/ They do have block programs as well as full semester programs.

Black Diamond

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ashland University in Ohio

Many on-line and short term courses available and they add more as they come up by adjunct prof's

http://www.ashland.edu/pds/online/index.php

I have taken some recently at $163 per semester hour