• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kitchens in one bedroom units

Do you approve of the new one bedroom unit kitchen configuration with no cooktop?

• Total voters

Dalebjerning

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana villages Amelia, 2 bdrm, Mountain Vista, 2 bdrm, Desert Shadows, 2 bdrm, Diamond Resorts 2K points
I am wondering if I am the only Vistana owner upset with the new remodels of one bedroom units. I have noticed that at both Mountain Vista and Sheraton Desert Oasis, the newly remodeled one bedroom units no longer have a stovetop. They have only a microwave. We are owners who typically cook a fair amount and so we can't use the new one bedroom units - we have to use more points to go to the one bedroom premium. I wonder who made this decision. It certainly increases the cost of using my points - I either have to get a one bedroom premium or I have to eat in restaurants. Anyone else upset about this? What can we do about it?

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Going by floor plan I see a cook top. Any pictures?
But going by picture off of the site, I see there is no cooktop.

Strange.

Dalebjerning

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana villages Amelia, 2 bdrm, Mountain Vista, 2 bdrm, Desert Shadows, 2 bdrm, Diamond Resorts 2K points
The description also does not mention a stove/cooktop. Both of these properties have been redone recently.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the classification should be listed as a Studio with lower points.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
That's terrible. I thought the WSJ(CV & SB) two bedrooms with two burner cooktop was bad, but completely eliminating the cooktop? Wow, won't be staying in one of those either!!

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The 2 burner stove top is one of the features that sets Vistana small one bedroom units apart from Marriott's studios. Removing the, during a remodel is an unfortunate move. Do the remodeled rooms have a 3/4 size refrigerator or do they have a mini-frig? That's another important feature.

Thanks.

Mike

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Did they remodel Sheraton Desert Oasis again? I was there in 2013 and took photos of the (then) newly remodeled units. Here's a link to my album. The small side definitely has a two burner cooktop. https://tinyurl.com/SDO-Remodel

Here is the small side kitchen WP_20130606_010 by klpca, on Flickr

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We need someone who has visited recently to confirm that the stove top burners have been removed. I cannot believe the are. At SDO, the smaller 1BR is still a 1BR and not a studio, based on the layout.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We need someone who has visited recently to confirm that the stove top burners have been removed. I cannot believe the are. At SDO, the smaller 1BR is still a 1BR and not a studio, based on the layout.

+1

If they removed the stovetop, it would decrease the desirability of the small side one bedroom unit. Why would they do that? No zoning imperative because the project was finished years ago.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was curious so I called SDO. They said that some of the Small Side Units have the cooktop and some do not. If you are in one that doesn't have one, you can request a portable cooktop and they will deliver to your unit.

Dalebjerning

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. They should definitely state that on the Vistana website.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I was curious so I called SDO. They said that some of the Small Side Units have the cooktop and some do not. If you are in one that doesn't have one, you can request a portable cooktop and they will deliver to your unit.

That is disappointing that they remodeled and took out a much-needed feature. Stove tops are a must for us.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Well. In the premier one bedroom units at Sheraton Mountain Vista they remodeled and left ZERO drawers to put anything in the master bedroom. Apparently they retrofit with a bench at foot of the bed with drawers.

I think their designers aren't very practical. More interested in how it looks.