• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Creek Plantation-Williamsburg, Virginia

suekap

Reaction score
Does anyone own a TS at the cottages at kings creek? I want to know how trading is to another resort with this as your home resort? Also, have the MF fees increased a lot every year? Thank you for any information. How far is it from virginia beach?

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Virginia Beach ocean front is just under 60 miles from Kings Creek. It will take about 75 minutes with traffic and parking.

TinaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at one of the 3BR cottages at King's Creek Plantation. The maintenance fees have risen comparably to our other timeshares over the years. No real "drastic" increases just basically what you would anticipate from one year to the next.

As far as trading goes, we use it to trade with all the time. Will it pull a Marriott or Disney....no. But we have had great exchanges to Orange Lake Country Club, Orlando; The Tahiti in Las Vegas (my 1year old granddaughter loved the beach entrance style pool); Sunterra in Scottsdale, AZ; La Vista and the Oyster Bay in St. Martin. So far, we haven't had any really terrible exchanges with it.

All of our exchanges have been either equal to or above the same TUG rating so we feel we have done quite well. Never have had an exchange for anything lower in TUG rating than what KCP is so we figure we have gotten either like-for-like or in most instances even better than equal/like-for-like exchange.

The resort itself is just a short distance (5 minutes maybe to town) to everything Williamsburg has to offer. They have expanded it tremendously since our initial purchase so it offers even more now than it did five years ago. The new Townhouses are very nice and the pool in that area is great.

Although it was our first timeshare and we bought from the developer because we knew absolutely zero about timeshares and/or TUG, we have been pleased overall with the purchase.

TinaS

Last edited:

suekap

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the helpful information.What type of timeshare pulls a marriott or disney? Right now they have a bid for about 2,500 for kings plantation and I am wondering if that is a good buy. I hate making decisions

suekap

Reaction score
Tina,

What are HOA dues? There was a statement saying that they must be paid before for booking a week.

TinaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
HOA = Home Owners Association fee; also called annual Maintenance Fee.

Tina

Kittenkits

Reaction score
suekap said:
Does anyone own a TS at the cottages at kings creek? I want to know how trading is to another resort with this as your home resort? Also, have the MF fees increased a lot every year? Thank you for any information. How far is it from virginia beach?

I own at Kings Creek (the Cottages) and I live at the Va Beach Oceanfront. It takes me 45 minutes give or take to get from Oceanfront to Kings Creek. Of course, you never know when the tunnel will get a traffic jam so...

As a resort I love it. The cottages are an entire house to yourself and are amazing. I'm kind of sad to be selling mine. The duplex units are nice, but they are attached to other units. Pool, gym and all that are nice. Pretty much standard. I also like that it's RIGHT off the exit which makes travel nicer and right next door to water country.

I have not tried to trade mine much, I guess that depends on your season etc.

I have not known the MF to rise much.

The beds are rock hard though. At least the duplex ones were. We wound up sleeping on the couch because it was softer. I like soft beds though.

That's all that comes to mind. I like them, and would absolutely go again - with an air mattress! :p

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a cottage and bought it "used" through a broker after visiting and really liking Williamsburg and the resort. We've only owned it a few months. It traded through SFX for a townhouse at Christmas Mountain Village in the Wisconsin Dells in July, which I hear is very high demand. Maintenance on the cottage went up $30 this year, from $470.

The cottages are really nice, KC has a great indoor pool, and they're right next to Water Country. We liked the townhouses, too, b/c they're enormous and we felt that, unlike many timeshares we've seen, they TRULY sleep 6. The sofa bed was in a kind of semi-private TV area that was almost like a bedroom.

I just found the listing you were talking about and it went for $3,2XX. That is an EXCELLENT price--hope you got it!

suekap

Reaction score
I didn't get it- we got nervous because we just started looking for timeshares and decided that we needed to research longer unless we got a great deal on one.