• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kids asked to go hiking in Sedona?

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not quite what I expected when I asked for family trip locations for October I understand I am probably way behind the eight ball on this for this year but would like opinions on resorts to get started…

Kinda shocked when they said room view was most important on their list…this isn’t normally a priority for me I am more about clean well maintained and decent pool area…

Looking for resort suggestions we have access to both RCI & II for exchanges- and a couple of Wyndham points still waiting to transfer ownership…

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
I don't know about fabulous views (or what they want a view of) but we stayed at Sedona Summit once (now a Hilton but think it was something different when we got it through II). It is out of town a few miles so we had a lovely unit with "views" May not be a good choice for the kids unless they want to be more out in nature. There is a public bus that goes into town.

The Hyatt Pinon Pointe is lovely, and we had a unit with what I considered a view but many of them probably don't.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I second Pinon Point, fabulous views from the pool deck. You probably won't get a great unit view with an Interval exchange though.

There is a great clubhouse with gym and steam room, hot tub, pool and fire pit. It's at the topmost point of the resort, so the best view.

The resort is a short walk to the old downtown, lots of shopping and restaurants.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Sedona is great for hiking but we have never been able to get a good view when exchanging. To me it's not that big of a deal if you are truly going to be hiking - for me proximity to trails is a bigger deal. You will be *in* the view while you are hiking. The resorts we went to gave the view units to owners (fair enough) so getting a view in an exchange would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree that 'view' is sort of a crap-shoot. There are red rocks everywhere you look. It isn't like a beach vacation where there is land, and there is water. When hiking, you are 'in' the view, so enjoy. And there are so many great hikes in every direction that while they might not be able to just open the drapes and go WOO!, they will be surrounded with scenery.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Are your "kids" grownups? Already lots of great responses here. Grab what you can now. October is a fairly popular month.

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
The red rocks ARE the view all around you. The TS resorts of your choice will have pools etc. A Sedona visit is more about the dimensional landscape and the array of trails that offer all sorts of views and outdoor experiences. The pool or hot tub good for kids or sore feet/legs for those don't usually do outdoor activities. There are other places to explore locally that offer train rides, safari park and Indian ruins. A few swimming holes, but perhaps a bit cold in October.

October a nice time to visit. This past October was cold sooner than our first 6 years living here where warm days usually persist deep into November and even December. Then again, any day in the red rocks is a good one.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are your "kids" grownups? Already lots of great responses here. Grab what you can now. October is a fairly popular month.
define grown ups -
they are twenty somethings and I tease them all the time because at thier ages I had both of them a career and a mortgage…

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed at Sedona Springs it was wonderful, exchanged with a TUG member.