• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2009 ] KFC free meal [merged]

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Thanks for posting this, Donnaval. I gave the coupons to our sons. You know how 18 year old guys can eat and a freebie chicken meal sure beats McD's! Thanks for sharing it. :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I managed to get 3 of them printed off, then between bouts of 'SERVER TOO BUSY" and 'You have printed the maximum number of coupons'. I gave up. I haven't been a big KFC fan for a long time- well, since the pieces of chicken quit resembling real pieces of chicken.

Thanks everyone who provided the links. We will give them a chance to regain our business.

Jim Ricks

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did it on my Mac.

I'm glad I saw the post on the Lounge before it was moved; I would never have found it on the other board.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Moving this to the Bargain Deals Forum

"What this forum will serve as, is a place for members to post "smoking deals" on anything from Timeshares, to taco toppings. I don't care what it is, as long as it is a "smoking deal" it can go here."

Where is that? I can't find it. It should be in a prominent location.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Whoa! I Don't Know.

Am I doing something wrong?
With Safari running on the Mac Mini, I just clicked on what the screen said to click on, & -- WHISH ! -- the coupons came rolling out of the computer printer.

If it had not worked, I would have been totally stuck.

I know virtually nothing about computer-related trouble shooting.

Sorry.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Last night on the Oprah site the link went to a PDF of a coupon, I see that they since changed that to the unthinkfc.com site. We printed the one from Oprah's site and also went manually to unthinkfc and printed three more.

We used two of them today and my wife gave one away. The grilled chicken is nothing special. I don't go to KFC for a healthy choice, just like I don't go to McDonald's for a salad. I go seldom for the original recipe FRIED chicken. For healthy choices, I won't dine out, just make it at home.

I won't be getting the grilled again, just wish they would have kept the chipotle chicken they came out with last summer.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished our free KFC dinners. I'm not quite sure it was worth the 20 minute drive each way and a half hour in line.....but it was good.

The chicken is not greasy, and the pieces are good-sized. It's a nice option for those watching their fat intake, but beware of the sides - most of them will make up for the fat you saved on the chicken!

Thanks Oprah and Ace!

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
A bit frustrating but I finally succeeded in printing out two coupons, then joined the Colonel's Club and printed out a sheet of 9 coupons good until the end of May.

I'm not really a KFC fan but my grandchildren are.

Thanks for the tip!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Both my wife and I got our chicken yesterday but we heard from those going today that they are not accepting the coupon at our local restaurant because they have run out of the new grilled chicken. Many locations are also running out of other things such as mashed potatoes, coleslaw or biscuits. Seems it is a very popular promotion given the current economic environment.

Here is a news link about it:
http://money.canoe.ca/News/Other/2009/05/07/9382321-ap.html

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Free Chicken Dinner Coupon Rain Check.

KFC can't keep up with free dinner demand.

Click here for Rain Check information.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
KFC can't keep up with free dinner demand.

Click here for Rain Check information.

They obviously did not think that one through well.

I guess I am heading down to my KFC to get the form.

Sucks

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Sounds like with this you get what you pay for. :ignore:

GadgetRick

TUG Member
Reaction score
They obviously did not think that one through well.

I guess I am heading down to my KFC to get the form.

Sucks

Actually, they did think it through. The idea is to get people into the stores and build a buzz about a new product offering. They have certainly done that. :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious thing. I went to print these coupons. It requires that you download/install a 'coupon printer' to 'accurately print the bar codes'. OK. Done. Coupons print.

Today, my McAfee does it's weekly scan and reports an 'unwanted program'. Turns out to be something called GenericPUP.something. It didn't describe it as a virus or anything, but I ditched it anyway. If I've gotten along 4-5 years without it, I'll get along without it a while longer.

Did anyone else find anything weird after getting these KFC coupons?

Addendum Went to the local KFC. They had the grilled chicken on hand, but were not honoring the coupons. We filled out a request for 'rainchecks' that will allegedly be sent via mail. This is looking more and more like a scam to harvest addresses. As has been said, "There ain't no free lunch!"

Jim Ricks

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
The Rest Of The Story.

Click here for all the details.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think KFC is doing the right thing with this. Offering rain checks for a later time. The coupons are aso good through the 19th. They are also going above what their offer is and giving a free Pepsi with the meal. I truely think they were expecting a great response but were caught off guard with what they actually received.

I am not a fan of their grilled chicken after trying my free meal and a free piece (they offered this a couple Monday's ago). I do love their original recipe and will always be back for it.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice try by KFC a new grill chicken meal; but how many new customers will never visit KFC again because of this PR failure?

GadgetRick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice try by KFC a new grill chicken meal; but how many new customers will never visit KFC again because of this PR failure?

Not sure what PR failure you're referring to. Really, how many of you here would be talking about KFC much less actually walking into one of their joints? Quite frankly, this has been a PR success...a HUGE success actually. Everytime someone writes about them or talks about them, it's free advertising. The only unfortunate thing (for them) is I'm hearing more people say they don't like the new chicken rather than liking it.

I haven't even tried to mess with it because I hate coupon applications--Wendy's uses them and I've never been able to get theirs to work, and I LOVE Wendy's--and I'm not a huge fan of KFC although I do like their potato wedges. :)

Honestly, I'd rather talk about my next vacation. If all goes well, Lake Tahoe in August. :banana:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what PR failure you're referring to. Really, how many of you here would be talking about KFC much less actually walking into one of their joints? Quite frankly, this has been a PR success...a HUGE success actually. Everytime someone writes about them or talks about them, it's free advertising. The only unfortunate thing (for them) is I'm hearing more people say they don't like the new chicken rather than liking it.

I haven't even tried to mess with it because I hate coupon applications--Wendy's uses them and I've never been able to get theirs to work, and I LOVE Wendy's--and I'm not a huge fan of KFC although I do like their potato wedges. :)

Honestly, I'd rather talk about my next vacation. If all goes well, Lake Tahoe in August. :banana:

Yep, I agree completely. The person who thought up this whole deal has probably already received their bonus and promotion by now. I'm sure they've increased sales tremendously for May... regardless of the free stuff they had to give away.

Those that are interested in grilled chicken will definitely try it now because of the publicity, regardless of the coupon. And those interested in a free meal, will still be somewhat motivated to go to the store and do the process.

It seems like a healthy choice fast food alternative. Haven't checked into the nutrition... but for grilled chicken, it's the best I've had.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Grilled K. F. C. Chicken With No Coupon.

During our recent extended weekend in Rehoboth Beach DE for trailer roulette, the Chief Of Staff & I decided to try the heavily advertised $3.99 grilled chicken meal at KFC. We didn't find about about the coupon freebies till after we got home.

The Rehoboth KFC outlet (which shares a location with A&W Root Beer) was mobbed. People were waiting 30+ minutes for their orders, & patience was wearing thin.

The Chief Of Staff & I left the line of people waiting to order & got back in our car & drove round to the drive-through line. When it was our turn to order, we said we want the $3.99 2-pc. grilled chicken meal. I asked for side dishes of potato wedges & macaroni & cheese. The Chief Of Staff ordered potato wedges & cole slaw.

The person inside said they were out of potato wedges, but they would substitute A&W Root Beer French fries. We said OK. The inside person also said they were out of cole slaw, so The Chief Of Staff ordered green beans instead.

The person said all orders were running way, way late -- so they were going to add an extra piece of chicken, free, to make up for the delay.

We asked for sr. citz. discount. The inside person said we could have free sr. beverages. We asked for diet A&W Root Beer. Sorry, the inside person said, all out of that too. So we got free diet pepsi instead.

The 2 pieces of grilled chicken were 1 drumstick & 1 thigh. The 1 free piece of grilled chicken thrown in to make up for the service delay was a large grilled chicken breast.

Back at our dinky trailer, I ate all 3 pieces of chicken plus the biscuit & the side dishes for supper. The Chief Of Staff ate 2 pieces of chicken & her biscuit & beans, but she saved the chicken breast & the A&W fries for lunch next day.

Not bad for $3.99 apiece, no tax.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
What ! No fries ?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Since this was resurrected I have a KFC bone to pick, hot wings! They disappeared off the menu here, then recently there were "new recipe" hot wings. Very nice with lots of heat in the coating, no need to use the buffalo sauce. Just as fast as they appeared, now gone again. Hey KFC, bring them back before Super Bowl!