• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Keeping the Members informed

ValChatelle44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas, Val Chatelle III,Pines at MeadowRidge
If I were a Board Member of the KBVIOA, I would want the members to be in the loop as to what was going on in the Association. You know, like minutes of meetings posted quickly on the IOA website. Did you know there have been four meetings of the Board or the Members in May of 2019 over a month ago, and not one word of what went on at those meetings for us to read. Makes me wonder what is going on, what about you?
Larry Geiger

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
While I agree that keeping members informed is a great practice, I also have to note that KBV BoD's prior to 2017 made little or no effort to keep members informed. Apparently some people didn't find that concerning then, but now suddenly are very concerned.

It does make me wonder why they never seemed to have a problem with the communication policy before now.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
are not all associations required by law to take minutes of all meetings and make them available to owners (either online or by request)?

or is that perhaps just a florida thing.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It is pretty much a requirement in all states.... but most states give BoD's a certain amount of time before they have to be made available...

Likewise most BoD meetings have to have a notice of meeting published.

ValChatelle44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would have bet money who would be the first to respond when I made my post, sadly no takers but I was right. The issue is not trying to meet the minimum requirement of the governing jurisdiction but when stuff is happening, keep the members informed of what is going on and how they may be impacted.
Mahalo

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there are fines (in Florida at least) for any association that refuses to provide documents requested by owners via proper channels in a timely fashion.

has any owner submitted a request for the may meeting minutes?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
In many organizations Board Minutes are not released until they have been read and approved at the next Board Meeting. Also Board Minutes are not verbatim but general in nature. Such as: proposal "X" was brought before the Board. After discussion Member "C" moved passage of proposal "X." Thus was seconded by Member "B." The proposal passed or the proposal failed.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would have bet money who would be the first to respond when I made my post, sadly no takers but I was right. The issue is not trying to meet the minimum requirement of the governing jurisdiction but when stuff is happening, keep the members informed of what is going on and how they may be impacted.
Mahalo

Please .... after 46hrs+, I figured it would impolite if no one responded to your innuendo. ;)

I guess we could create a KBV "soapbox" thread, where people can just make political statements and no one is allowed reply. We could call it the "echo chamber" thread. :D

And I get that is your issue. My issue is people who can't be bothered to do something when they are running the BoD, but all the sudden find it important when they are voted out of office. Because I would say that the decision to switch to GP was "stuff happening". Do you recall when those BoD minutes were available?

Last edited:

ValChatelle44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On one hand there are state laws which determine the minimum legal standards that Board's are required to comply with and ON THE OTHER HAND A BOARD CAN BE PROACTIVE AND ENGAGE THE MEMBERSHIP. What the other boards did historically is antidotal, what today's Board isn't doing leaves the membership in a state of uncertainty.

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Minutes typically aren’t official records until voted on and approved by the BOD usually at the next BOD meeting. While some associations post “unapproved” minutes a lot of associations don’t.