• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Keep or Rescind?

Bgosselin3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
We (maybe foolishly) bought into BG yesterday and I’m having a bit of buyers remorse. I feel like we could really make it work for our vacation needs but is it just going to be more hassle than what it’s worth?

We only got 8k points & became “charter members” or got the benefits of being a “charter” which I’m not totally sure we fully understood what that meant or it’s more glorified than an actual benefit.

Here’s my questions/thoughts. Do the points themselves lose value year over year? For example, a trip thats 6,000 points for the week, will it now be 7 or 8,000 next year? Or does that always stay constant?

I understand and am prepared to work the system so the points work for us (and “do my homework”

but we do want to go to places outside of the BG network, are we basically SOL with that low of a point package? Should we just “jump ship” and cancel this all before it’s permanent. I don’t want to get 2 years in and feel like we just aren’t happy with what we got.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
Rescind Immediately. Do your research at your own pace without pressure and then obtain resale in the timeshare brand of your choosing.

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Rescind now. There are lots of resale Bluegreen points on ebay right now for pennies on the dollar.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We (maybe foolishly) bought into BG yesterday and I’m having a bit of buyers remorse. I feel like we could really make it work for our vacation needs but is it just going to be more hassle than what it’s worth?

We only got 8k points & became “charter members” or got the benefits of being a “charter” which I’m not totally sure we fully understood what that meant or it’s more glorified than an actual benefit.

Here’s my questions/thoughts. Do the points themselves lose value year over year? For example, a trip thats 6,000 points for the week, will it now be 7 or 8,000 next year? Or does that always stay constant?

I understand and am prepared to work the system so the points work for us (and “do my homework”

but we do want to go to places outside of the BG network, are we basically SOL with that low of a point package? Should we just “jump ship” and cancel this all before it’s permanent. I don’t want to get 2 years in and feel like we just aren’t happy with what we got.

If in doubt GET OUT. Do rescind while you are legally entitled to do so. Do not delay as you only have a few days to do it.

Whatever you just paid thousands of dollars for can be purchased on the resale market for just pennies on the dollar.

Read a lot of the threads here on TUG and you'll see rescinding is the correct move. Follow the rescission instructions exactly and mail your paperwork via USPS CERTIFIED MAIL. Be sure any buyer who signed the purchase paperwork also signs the rescission paperwork.

If you have any questions about your rescission look for postings by @Grammarhero as he is the TUG Rescission Expert.

HOW MUCH MONEY will you be saving by doing the rescission? TUG tracks this savings information for the benefit of others.

Welcome to TUG......

Last edited:

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

Rescind. You can buy for $1.

We hope your rescission and deposit refund are successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Bgosselin3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen

We hope your rescission and deposit refund are successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

We were at about $19,000 for 8,000 points. (This is of course without any interest calculated if we kept a payment plan).
Plus we got the Charter Certificate no cost, half price maintenance fees first year... got a call Friday (evening after checkout from our 3 night stay) supposedly they’re trying to give us 4K Bonus Points for March 2022 as well but I haven’t seen that come through yet.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
RESCIND NOW! You only have one very short window of opportunity to save yourself thousands and thousands of dollars. There is abasolutly not good reason for your to waste this money!! If you like Bluegreen and want to own Bluegreen buy resale for next too NOTHING. Its an easy choice. Do it now, before its too late or you will be very sorry once your recession period is up!!

Bgosselin3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
RESCIND NOW! You only have one very short window of opportunity to save yourself thousands and thousands of dollars. There is abasolutly not good reason for your to waste this money!! If you like Bluegreen and want to own Bluegreen buy resale for next too NOTHING. Its an easy choice. Do it now, before its too late or you will be very sorry once your recession period is up!!

I’ve already sent it in via certified mail! I also contacted the department to notify them via phone (which the public offering statement said I need to do in NH upon cancellation) - when I called they said I didn’t need to but just covering my butt from all angles!

lopertc

Reaction score
I’ve already sent it in via certified mail! I also contacted the department to notify them via phone (which the public offering statement said I need to do in NH upon cancellation) - when I called they said I didn’t need to but just covering my butt from all angles!

so glad you rescinded! See my post above I just bought 28,000 points at the resort I wanted for 1500$

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Did everyone who signed and is listed on the contract sign the rescission letter? Congrats. Glad you saved 19K. When it’s done you should take a minute and Breathe.....then research other better systems you can get into much cheaper. Marriott, vistana, Hilton, Hyatt as an example. All amazing and cheaper than what you paid. Now, pay it forward to others asking about rescinding on here or other social media platforms.

It amazes me, how many people are duped into buying without fully understanding what they are buying, myself being one of them. They then have a bad taste of timeshares in their mouths about timeshares, When you understand what you own how to use it, and pay a buck, Timeshares can be amazing.

Bgosselin3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
Did everyone who signed and is listed on the contract sign the rescission letter? Congrats. Glad you saved 19K. When it’s done you should take a minute and Breathe.....then research other better systems you can get into much cheaper. Marriott, vistana, Hilton, Hyatt as an example. All amazing and cheaper than what you paid. Now, pay it forward to others asking about rescinding on here or other social media platforms.

It amazes me, how many people are duped into buying without fully understanding what they are buying, myself being one of them. They then have a bad taste of timeshares in their mouths about timeshares, When you understand what you own how to use it, and pay a buck, Timeshares can be amazing.

Yes! Both names were on the letter. We definitely don’t have a bad taste from it and we’re already Marriott Bonvoy CC members since I’m partnered w/ Marriott for work & precovid was earning points for travel paid for by work. We could definitely make a timeshare work for us but as everyone’s mentioned we were over paying for that and I’m glad we were able to back out. Signing didn’t sit right with me so I started researching the same evening. I walked into it not planning to buy so I hadn’t done my research. They of course played up what we could possibly do for our honeymoon in 2022 and I was blinded by the possibilities lol! Anyways, I’ll keep everyone posted on if it’s accepted but I don’t foresee a reason it wouldn’t be.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes! Both names were on the letter. We definitely don’t have a bad taste from it and we’re already Marriott Bonvoy CC members since I’m partnered w/ Marriott for work & precovid was earning points for travel paid for by work. We could definitely make a timeshare work for us but as everyone’s mentioned we were over paying for that and I’m glad we were able to back out. Signing didn’t sit right with me so I started researching the same evening. I walked into it not planning to buy so I hadn’t done my research. They of course played up what we could possibly do for our honeymoon in 2022 and I was blinded by the possibilities lol! Anyways, I’ll keep everyone posted on if it’s accepted but I don’t foresee a reason it wouldn’t be.
Look for a good Marriott or vistana ownership since you already have the Bonvoy cc. You’ll accrue elite nights with every stay at your timeshare. I hit titanium status last year and already hit platinum for 2022.

Bgosselin3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
Look for a good Marriott or vistana ownership since you already have the Bonvoy cc. You’ll accrue elite nights with every stay at your timeshare. I hit titanium status last year and already hit platinum for 2022.

We have a Sheraton Vistana Villages (I think) visit planned this year that was a deal for Marriott members, the details of the stay didn’t mention any timeshare thing but I’m guessing they’re one of them!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We have a Sheraton Vistana Villages (I think) visit planned this year that was a deal for Marriott members, the details of the stay didn’t mention any timeshare thing but I’m guessing they’re one of them!
Did you pay for it? Was it $199 for three or four nights?

Bgosselin3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
** UPDATE: 2/20/21: I got an email from BG with a refund notification to 1 of the 2 charges made when we signed up. Still waiting on more info and am waiting on my certified mail reciept but it appears they’ve received the letter.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
** UPDATE: 2/20/21: I got an email from BG with a refund notification to 1 of the 2 charges made when we signed up. Still waiting on more info and am waiting on my certified mail reciept but it appears they’ve received the letter.

You can actually track it yourself and confirm (without waiting for the Certified Mail Receipt). Simply go to www.USPS.com

Once on the USPS Website go to "RECIEVE" and click on "TRACKING". Key in your tracking number and submit.

Done!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
$169 for 4 nights + $100 hard rock gift card or 15,000 Marriott points
Yeah, you’ll be required to attend a sales presentation. Please let us know what they try and sell you. Don’t mention tug, play dumb and take detailed notes. Tell them you’re not making any purchases until you speak to your “brother” when you get home as he is out of the country and you’re splitting it with him lol.

Bgosselin3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
Yeah, you’ll be required to attend a sales presentation. Please let us know what they try and sell you. Don’t mention tug, play dumb and take detailed notes. Tell them you’re not making any purchases until you speak to your “brother” when you get home as he is out of the country and you’re splitting it with him lol.

I definitely will be using any leverage I have to not attend a presentation, it’s not in the fine print and they haven’t mentioned it once since booking! I’ll be using that to my advantage. I didn’t even know it was a timeshare!