• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KBV Owners..... Please Introduce Yourself

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Just wanted to create a thread for KBV owners to introduce themselves....

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Hi

I have been an owner at KBV since 2012(?). I own 2 oceanfront weeks every year, and 1 oceanfront week every other year. 2BR units.

I converted my weeks in the Club Wyndham points program in 2015.

I believe that KBV is a unique gem.

Thanks

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Aloha,
We (Jack and Sara) bought our first 1B1B annual unit from the developer in 1998 and our OF 1B2B units on ebay in subsequent years. Total is 3.5 weeks. We use them every year to stay at KBV; we have never converted to RCI Points or Wyndham. I got elected to the board in 2018. While KBV isn't perfect, its combination of central location, seclusion, beach and low density makes it a unique gem as Eric claims. Other than KBV and the Kauai Beach Resort hotel it shares the site with, there are no other hotels / resorts / condos in this google satellite image of the surrounding terrain.
https://www.google.com/maps/@22.0178981,-159.3493076,4034m/data=!3m1!1e3
Jack

kimfish

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KVB Shearwater bali hai villas suites at fisherman's wharf
My Name is Kim my wife and I have 2 units at the KBV our first one bought in early 2000. We have converted our weeks to points with club Wyndham as well. We have only stayed there once and didn't like what we saw.When we first bought it was beautiful.

Brenda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha. I am Brenda and my husband and I own a 2/2 EOY Lagoon view unit since about 2000. We purchased through the the original developer, when it was Pahio Kauai Beach Villas. We have spent many wonderful vacations there. We are planning to return this Sept 2019. We have not visited for almost 7 years. We did not purchase with Wyndham - points or any transfer with them. Our unit was placed with Grand Pacific Exchange a few years back. We would like advice on what's going on and what is Wyndham's involvement and how it affects us with Grand Pacific Exchange. Do the Kauaii Villas still have a agreement with the hotel to use their facilities? That was a great plus. Thanks in advance.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, we have an agreement in place to allow KBV to use the hotel pool. As I understand it, it does not extend to the gym and the remaining facilities (bar, food, etc) are open to the public.

Wyndham's involvement is a complicated topic as you might glean from the other threads....

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha fellow owners! Wife and I (Jerome) own an EOY 2BR week, deeded as "oceanview", that we bought resale in eBay in 2016 from a trusted timeshare reseller. First use year was in 2017 but I ended up depositing that to RCI. Finally, we're able to use our week in 2019 and we so love the central location and the oceanfront views. Not to mention the sound of the crashing waves 24x7.

In addition to our EOY week, we also own Wyndham UDI points deeded in Bali Hai, also bought resale but not from eBay.

I was looking around today hoping to find a list of all the 2BR timeshare rooms in building F,G,H in order to make a reservation but didn't find any. I shall keep looking for a thread that I somehow found when I was doing my due diligence. In the meantime, please recommend a 2BR with the best oceanfront view. My wife prefers a unit above ground. Pretty please :D

Sorry to resuscitate a 1-yr old thread.

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
Aloha to all. Carol and I (Tom) have been owners since 1999. We actually spent the Millennium NYE in out unit G-1. We have a total f 5 weeks and, except for Covid-19, spend several week each year there. I must admit that, although I do not like Wyndham/RCI, without them we would have lost our resort. This BOD had to make some hard decisions. KBV is our official, second home, and we will continue to help in every way to keep it open and beautiful. Mahalo Nui

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Aloha fellow owners! Wife and I (Jerome) own an EOY 2BR week, deeded as "oceanview", that we bought resale in eBay in 2016 from a trusted timeshare reseller. First use year was in 2017 but I ended up depositing that to RCI. Finally, we're able to use our week in 2019 and we so love the central location and the oceanfront views. Not to mention the sound of the crashing waves 24x7.

In addition to our EOY week, we also own Wyndham UDI points deeded in Bali Hai, also bought resale but not from eBay.

I was looking around today hoping to find a list of all the 2BR timeshare rooms in building F,G,H in order to make a reservation but didn't find any. I shall keep looking for a thread that I somehow found when I was doing my due diligence. In the meantime, please recommend a 2BR with the best oceanfront view. My wife prefers a unit above ground. Pretty please :D

Sorry to resuscitate a 1-yr old thread.
Please refer to attachment of thread https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/kbv-pahio-unit-map-with-check-in-day-of-week.308015/

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner in a one bedroom G building. I love having that ocean view and that morning view. I have a set time for July 2021. I am hopeful that every thing will be all right.