• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai Photos

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Those were great, Art! Thank you! We're staying at the Point at Poipu in August for our first time. Really looking forward to it. We've been to Kauai a lot, but never stayed on that part of the island. Feel free to PM me any tips and tricks. It seems you had a great unit. :)

Dave

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Those were great, Art! Thank you! We're staying at the Point at Poipu in August for our first time. Really looking forward to it. We've been to Kauai a lot, but never stayed on that part of the island. Feel free to PM me any tips and tricks. It seems you had a great unit. :)

Dave
We've visited many places around the world, and The Point at Poipu is our favorite. Except for the 4 units facing the entrance, there are no bad view. It's usually sunnier and drier than Kauai's north shore. It's certainly quieter than the east shore. I'll send you a PM with some tips. Poipu has plenty of shopping and restaurants. A new one since our last trip is Pietro’s Pizza and Pasta in the Poipu Shopping Village. Now we don't have to drive out to the Brick Oven Pizza when we're in a pizza mood. Another relatively new place is Little Fish Coffee Poipu. Besides coffee, they serve nice Acai bowls, bagel sandwiches and smoothies.

flindberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Ka Eo Kai
Wonderful Photos! Thank you much for sharing... Makes me 'homesick' for Kauai'i... you got some really outstanding bird photos!

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wonderful Photos! Thank you much for sharing... Makes me 'homesick' for Kauai'i... you got some really outstanding bird photos!
We found some bird lovers to watch our parakeets while we were gone. Since they would send occasional pictures and videos of the parakeets, I would take bird pictures to send to them.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
My son will be on Kauai for spring break next week. He is only on island for three nights at the Sheraton near poipu.

If you only had three nights what would you do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travel1

Reaction score
Nice pictures. I was in Kauai last year and it brings back great memories!

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Awesome pictures Art!!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
My son will be on Kauai for spring break next week. He is only on island for three nights at the Sheraton near poipu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go inland to see Waimea Canyon state park, maybe do a hike.
Eat a plate lunch, and have shave ice in Waimea town.
And if budget allows, take a boat tour of the Na Pali coast.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Zipline in Koloa. Inner tube float down old sugar cane canals out of Lihue. Have Loco Moco at Snack Shack at Sueoka Store in Koloa.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'd go inland to see Waimea Canyon state park, maybe do a hike.
Eat a plate lunch, and have shave ice in Waimea town.
And if budget allows, take a boat tour of the Na Pali coast.
Same thing I was going to say.

flindberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Ka Eo Kai

Call Blue Ocean Adventures 1-800-451-6133 - Ride of a lifetime! If he's a thrill seeker it will be the highlight of his trip... https://goblueadventure.com/contact (not for the faint of heart) Captain Cody grew up on the waters there. He knows all the best spots & the right times to go. We were able to go in and out of the caves on the Napali Coast on a rare calm day in January 2017. Saw tons of dolphins and breaching whales - up close & personal. If he's a landlubber a hike in Waimea Canyon. Also good are the kayak adventures up the Wailua River. If money is an issue boogie board at Brennecke's in Koloa and/or snorkel at Lawai Beach - both are easy to get to.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
looks like you were in building 8 or 9, one of the lower floors.

Your pictures have me hoping things have settled down enough August for us to make our annual trek.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
looks like you were in building 8 or 9, one of the lower floors.

Your pictures have me hoping things have settled down enough August for us to make our annual trek.
We were in 8-203. It's the ocean front unit with the shortest walk to the pool bar. :cool: We were right across from the stairwell.

We certainly hope things have settled down by August.

Last edited: