• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2023 Update] Kauai Beach Villas Maintenance Fee Bills?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Has anyone received their 2020 MF Bill(s)?

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Denise, the KBV IOA email of 11-22 said the maintenance fee bills would be late going out because of the transition and that the due date would also be extended into February.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thank you - I missed that!

Larry Nuke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas; Bali Hai Resort
The present plan is the bills will mail out on January 20 with a due date of February 10.

Larry Nuke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maintenance fee bills were mailed January 13.
They were due February 10.
There were numerous reminders and warnings sent if not paid.
Any not paid by August 10 went to collections.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
Maintenance fee bills were mailed January 13.
They were due February 10.
There were numerous reminders and warnings sent if not paid.
Any not paid by August 10 went to collections.

I saw that. I’m trying to get an idea on what are the current maintenance fees for this resort. If anyone has an insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is the first full year since Wyndham took over management again, so we don't know what their schedule is.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
This is the first full year since Wyndham took over management again, so we don't know what their schedule is.

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that. Thank you.

Jose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Nuke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The normal schedule has always been billings go out in late November payment due January 1. That is the resort schedule and was changed due to the transition of management companies this past year. We will be back on our normal schedule this year.

kitversus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kauai Beach Villas,
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Since we were flooded out, how big of a discount are we gettining for 2021? With insurance covering repairs, there couldn't have been much maintaining done...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would not expect any refund.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Aloha,

The current COVID-19 shutdown along with the flood damage exposes some of the risk of timeshare ownership. The Interval Ownership Association at KBV is all of us owners, regardless of the dominance of the biggest owner (Wyndham).

I just took a look at our KBV budget for 2020. The activities / obligations associated with many line items continue whether there is occupancy or not. I contend that the AOAO fees, replacement reserves, Owners Services (Reservations), bad debt and real estate/property taxes are such examples (I won’t defend that assertion here on TUG).

Housekeeping and laundry might be totally variable if one assumes that there will be no problem hiring staff when it is time to reopen.

Eyeballing it, variable expenses are between 15% and 30%.

The impact / increase of owner MF delinquency is unknown. Based on history (e.g. 2010), it could be substantial (for data, refer to page 5 of larger attachment to https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/pahio-kauai-beach-villas-board-election.240675/post-2124393 )

Bottom line for this post, savings from the shut down are likely to be small.

The 2021 budget should be finalized in October. I have no expectation of hearing from the resort manager or board members about this subject until there is a 2021 budget.

Jack

kitversus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kauai Beach Villas,
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Jack, thanks for this post. How do we contact KBV by email to get their mailing list updated to include us?

Kit & Carol von Sück

Larry Nuke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To change your contact information on the Official KBV Owner List, send an eMail with your owner numbers addressed to both the following people:
Melissa Ragasa (Kanani) Melissa.Ragasa@wyn.com
Ginger-Lani Daligdig Ginger-Lani.Daligdig@wyn.com

They are the people in control of the Official KBV Owner list. I would include both your old and new addresses and your owner number.

Regards,
Larry Warner
President, KBV IOA
Vice President KBV AOAO

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Wow... 400 new delinquencies... is that around 7% of the intervals?

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow... 400 new delinquencies... is that around 7% of the intervals?
Aloha Eric,
That would be about 7.5% of budgeted MF revenue for this year.
Depending on defaulting mix of annual and every other week ownerships, it would be between 3.8% and 7.5% of ownership units.
This is additional to pre-covid-19 units in default. My interpretation of the BOD newsletter is that units foreclosed by the IOA previous to end of 2019 were taken over by Wyndham but lots of units were in default and not yet foreclosed. I might have information suggestive of those numbers from prior to my resignation from the board, but I don't consider it appropriate for me to share on this open forum.
Jack

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Coming back to this, has anyone been able to use the automated payments system at 866-523-8477 for floating weeks? We have two annual weeks, and neither account # is recognized.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We pay online, but haven't done it yet.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My apologies - I was incorrect about the website payment.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha,
I gave up on the Wyndham payment website after it refused to work with any of our four MF bills. I used the phone number and spoke with a human (Amanda on 12/9/2020 if that matters). They know the website is not functioning for KBV. There was no extra cost for talking to a human. FWIW - I also had trouble paying the Shearwater MF bill online but did succeed with the no cost automated phone payment system
Jack