• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai Beach Club

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got confirmation from II that we have our week at the Kauai Beach Club for 10/20/06! The process was easy, Marriott deposited the bonus week on 2/1 (a week in July 05 at Marriott Custom House??) I requested the exchange on Monday and received conformation on Thursday, even got the week I wanted.

We just purchased @ Maui Ocean Club in Sept. 05 and were given a bonus week so we used it to go to Kauai since we have never been to this island. Any hints about staying there? Calling ahead to "attempt" to get a nice view? Thanks!!

collinsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting a great bonus week!

Yes, it's a good idea to call a month ahead to make any special requests. When we exchanged, we were able to get a unit in the "oceanfront" building that is parallel with the beach. But now that we've been there, I would actually prefer to be in one of the buildings that overlooks the beautiful pool. Just be sure to ask for a unit that is on the 3rd floor or higher, so you can see over the palm trees.

You can see our photos of the resort and the island on our personal website.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
good view & other hints

We actually stayed in the hotel part on rewards points, on the top floor/middle, and therefore the view was THE very best of all. It is exactly overlooking the middle of the pool & beach, and looks straight into the mountain across the little harbor. It was a postcard view if ever I saw one. Don't know about the timeshare views, but I doubt it's any better......my suggestion would be to ask for the highest floor possible, regardless of where it is----(assuming an ocean view, of course)-----Hints in general: Drive around the island..... do the boat tour up the Napali Coast (boat which is covered in the middle)---it is unbelievable and worth every minute.... go to Ke'e Beach (THE most beautiful beach on the island----located as far north as one can drive, literally at the end of the road)..... stop at the Princeville Resort and spend a while-----the view overlooking Hanalei Bay is spectacular....... do a luau...ask the locals or the concierge which one is best & decide which one is best for you---they are all different...... ENJOY that wonderful and spectacular C-shaped open area which overlooks the pool...don't know what to call it, but it has several sitting areas and a piano player and a bar area.....just sitting there each evening is sooooo great. If you're lucky enough to get one of the unique dining tables (by reservation only) in one of the gazebo things (single table/alone), it is awesome and unforgettable. Do the National Gardens tour---it is nothing short of spectacular, and you will see things you will never see again...it doesn't sound like much, but it is!!! You'll see where Jackie Kennedy & family stayed and also where Jurassic Park was filmed, among other unforgettable sights, like the huge, unique trees with quirky root formations bigger than you are....and awesome flowers. That's enough for a start! If you're brave enough for the helicopter tour, do it----we didn't, but sorta wish we had. Poipu Beach area is nice, and there's a fantastic fine-dining restaurant on the water with famous sunset views (called The Beach House-------DON'T MISS IT !!!!), so ask about that and book it....get there early, get a great table, and wait on that sunset! Gotta get there early, tho, like 45 minutes to an hour before sunset. What an evening! After dark, the torches are lit outside, and it's so romantic. Eat at Duke's Restaurant at the Marriott Kaua'i resort area----not a part of Marriott, but located a VERY short walk down the beachfront walkway...maybe only a 3 minute walk, say 35 yards---absolutely adjacent, as tho it were part of the resort....can't miss it...great food and get there early and get a second-floor table overlooking the water, as close to the rail as possible...awesome evening also! I could eat at Duke's every nite! Great lobster tails! And, get the T-shirt!!!!!! Everyone will always know where you've been! And, if that's not enough, just MISS your flight home!!!! You may not regret it! Many have made that decision! Enjoy....I'm envious. Marty (jme) ;)

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info on KBC! Collinsc, great photos! That gives me a much better feeling of the resort that what I have been able to find on the net. We may just end up picking up a an EOY even at KBC if we like it as much as I think we will. Then I can go Maui on odd years and Kauia on even years!

JME, thanks for the tips, I have printed out this page for future reference and I will call KBC a month before we leave.

andypoole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd echo what jme says, especially about The Beach House.

We had an ocean front, which didn't give us a view over the pool, but we did get a great view straight out to sea, overlooking the port with the cruise ships and the mountains. We were very happy with that.

Enjoy it!!