• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kaua’i Limits Non-Residents Access to Beaches

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Mayor of Kaua’i is requiring all non residents to get daily permits to use the county beaches. The permits are $10 a day per person and $50 per day parking permit! There will only be 100 permits per day. In the release the mayor makes it very clear that while the residents are practicing social distancing it is the non-residents (read visitors) that are not social distancing and this will fix that.
Plus it will help the islanders with their “mental health” during these stressful times.

Kaua’i has an active campaign going to discourage visitors from coming to the island, which I understand, but this seems a bit radical. The mayor needs to be reminded that the third case of the virus came from one of their own who had returned from a trip to New York.

It is bad enough that there were islanders at the Kukui’ula traffic circles holding signs that say “Visitors Go Home.” We have a convertible and some guy was riding by us and told us to go home. We have been here for three weeks, well outside any quarantine period and are here for another two weeks and were thinking about extending for two more weeks beyond that because we feel safer here than in Minnesota. Now we are not too sure.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
The Mayor of Kaua’i is requiring all non residents to get daily permits to use the county beaches. The permits are $10 a day per person and $50 per day parking permit! There will only be 100 permits per day. In the release the mayor makes it very clear that while the residents are practicing social distancing it is the non-residents (read visitors) that are not social distancing and this will fix that.
Plus it will help the islanders with their “mental health” during these stressful times.

Kaua’i has an active campaign going to discourage visitors from coming to the island, which I understand, but this seems a bit radical. The mayor needs to be reminded that the third case of the virus came from one of their own who had returned from a trip to New York.

It is bad enough that there were islanders at the Kukui’ula traffic circles holding signs that say “Visitors Go Home.” We have a convertible and some guy was riding by us and told us to go home. We have been here for three weeks, well outside any quarantine period and are here for another two weeks and were thinking about extending for two more weeks beyond that because we feel safer here than in Minnesota. Now we are not too sure.

Yes, if the Covid-19 doesn't get you it appears physical threats may! Aloha

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I would rather be on Hawaii social distancing then here on the mainland and if you have already been there why go home. The risk is greater if you travel

The beach is an easy place to social distance so this is just anti tourist.

If they are quarantining everyone new coming in why bother with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I would rather be on Hawaii social distancing then here on the mainland and if you have already been there why go home. The risk is greater if you travel

The beach is an easy place to social distance so this is just anti tourist.

If they are quarantining everyone new coming in why bother with this

These are just my thoughts based on what happened in Florida and Bondi Beach, Australia with people ignoring the social distancing directives.

Maybe it's just tourists who are the problem. If they weren't ignoring the directives then these other measures wouldn't need to be put into place. So yes, it probably is anti-tourist because they are the issue.

They are quarantining everyone new, but how many non-residents are there already?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I think that in general Hawaii can’t afford to send tourists home. But in this case the politicians can cater to the anti tourist crowd and the covid 19 fears because they are planning on asking for a huge government bailout. So they can temporarily get rid of tourists without totally crashing thier economy. Just a thought

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is biting the hand that feeds you. We do go to the beaches here and I would respectfully disagree with the mayor. The groups of visitors from what I can see are families or people traveling together and are in close contact anyway. Similar to the situation in Florida it is the kids (read surfers) that are not practicing social distancing. At Shipwreck there are groups of high school kids everywhere on the beach.