• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kapalua Plantation Golf Course

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
Anyone know of good discounts? $329 is ouch!
You can look at those discount sites for last minute tee times and/or play twilight. Still over $200 but I saw $249 for a time today at 1:30. Also the Bay Course is a great course too and is much less expensive.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
I had my heart set on Plantation. Guess I’ll
just have to pass. I was hoping tuggers had some secret discounts. I’m usually good at getting good rates even if it means I play a family course rate with the junior teeing forward (but not actually by paying just a little more). Looks like Plantation is tight on its fees.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
The Kaanapali courses are good courses but not the caliber of Kapalua, Wailea or Makena. There are two courses and they were designed by Robert Trent Jones. Good layouts but often not particularly well maintained. Kapalua on the other hand is quite well maintained. Those are the highest priced coursed in Maui. There are a lot of others that offer great golf at reasonable (vacation reasonable) prices. While I have never played it, I have friends that play the Dunes at Maui Lani every time they stay in Maui (they own a condo there). It is their favorite course. Perhaps splurge for Plantation (and play twilight for less) for that one round and then go low price for all the other rounds!

wjburns

Reaction score
The Dunes at Maui Lani recently replaced all of their greens and they are beautiful. The rest of the course is about average regarding maintenance. It is a sneaky course with lots of elevation changes and blind tee shots. Kahili is a fun track but is starting to get expensive...they have an Aloha Friday rate that can be a good deal. Book directly through their website for best rates. We personally love Kapalua Bay. Great track, par 3 ocean hole, beautifully maintained. Again, book directly through website for best rates. We have not played the Kaanapali courses but have not been impressed by what we've seen from the practice areas or from the road regarding condition for the price...better bang for your buck elsewhere.

If you ARE set on Plantation check out the renovation schedule. I believe they are doing some course renovation work (reworking bunkers, etc) so it may be a good idea to check with the clubhouse first.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
If you are open to playing the other course at Kapalua, they hold a skins game a couple days per week. I believe it starts around noon and the rate is reduced. The buy in for the skins game was $25-30. It was a fun time the one time I played in it. Call the course to submit your name. They only hold it if they have enough players, which I think was about 12.

Best regards.

Mike