• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kaanapali Beach Club reservation

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently trying to reserve KBC for 2017 and found very few availability. I used to be able to find the whole month with all kinds of units available. I am platinum elite and I own KBC (Hawaiian collection) for years.

Any other member find the same? Is this because they added more resorts to be Hawaiian Collection and more demands? I rather paying more MF with few resorts in the collection. For me this is a disaster. :annoyed:

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I check every day since a month and I never seen a single week available at KBC for Feb 2017. I seen only garden and partial ocean view (no ocean view nor ocean front) at Poipu. I never seen this in the past. I always booked 2 weeks at KBC or Poipu 13 month in advance for end of Feb without any problem but not this year:bawl:.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just did a search at KBC for Feb 2017, which showed about 30 available units, in all view categories, and even a few of the 2-bedroom units.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just did a search at KBC for Feb 2017, which showed about 30 available units, in all view categories, and even a few of the 2-bedroom units.

This is what I get as a Silver member Hawaii Collection (see attachment)
KBC_availability.PNG

Are you Gold or Platinum member or week owner ?

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2499

This is what I get. I am gold in points with a combination of trust ownership and a deeded week that we still own but have added to the club.

Attachments

• KBC0217.PNG
    KBC0217.PNG
    82.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2499

Are you silver with trust points? Or are you silver with a deeded week that you still own?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
This is what I get. I am gold in points with a combination of trust ownership and a deeded week that we still own but have added to the club.

I am a silver member with a deeded week, and I see the same list as Steve. If you're in the Hawaii Trust Collection, you won't see the same availability as deeded week owners that put their week into the Club.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you silver with trust points? Or are you silver with a deeded week that you still own?

Silver trust points.

Are you seeing week after Feb 7, 2017 (13 months ahead or you see 12 months only due to you are week owner in Hawaii)

Last edited:

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a silver member with a deeded week, and I see the same list as Steve. If you're in the Hawaii Trust Collection, you won't see the same availability as deeded week owners that put their week into the Club.

So, what you see is the deeded week inventory. The point trust inventory is totally empty. First time I see this. So, DRI have kept all Feb 2017 weeks for deeded floating week owners and nothing for points trust owners. Same thing for ocean view and ocean front view at Poipu. If it is the case, it is not fair due to trust points owners pay more in MF then deeded week owners and have less.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We've turned in both our weeks but, our account is still open online as a general member. As a general member of a deeded week in points the earliest we could reserve is 10 months. I can see a LOT of inventory for October, November and halfway thru December. Nothing different than what we had seen in previous years.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
So, what you see is the deeded week inventory. The point trust inventory is totally empty. First time I see this. So, DRI have kept all Feb 2017 weeks for deeded floating week owners and nothing for points trust owners. Same thing for ocean view and ocean front view at Poipu. If it is the case, it is not fair due to trust points owners pay more in MF then deeded week owners and have less.

The trust can only book as many units as the ones that are in the trust. Deeded owners in the Club can only book units put into the Club by other deeded owners. DRI can't choose which goes where. I have a difficult time booking anything in February with my deeded Club points, even when I book it as soon as I can. However, I usually don't have trouble booking the weeks we own that are not part of the Club. Those weeks are also in a separate inventory. It gives DW a headache when I try and explain it all. I have to thank T_R_Oglodyte for explaining it so well in other threads.

In any case, I agree that it's not fair for trust owner's to pay so much more in MF. I'm sure DRI makes a very healthy profit on the overhead charged for the trust arrangement.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

It shouldn't be deeded week inventory because deeded weeks aren't supposed to be available until 12 months before check-in.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Trust owners pay the same maintenance fees as deeded owners. What trust owners pays as maintenance fees is simply the maintenance fees for what the trust owns, prorated by the number of trust points owned.

Where trust owners pay extra is the annual trust operation fee, which has nothing to do with maintenance fees.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been searching from February for next year. This is frustrating. So I decide to chat with the "Chat" bottom on my website. She could not find any availability before 3/8/2017. She said that I was too late. She said that other grabbed it. She was able to book for me for a week starting 3/11. I asked her how she could go beyond 3/8, 13 weeks in advance. She said just search 15 days before and after 3/8/2017 ( I do not see that I have the options on today, 2/8/2016. She did not tell me what changed. I am still not happy that I can not do it myself. I guess that from now on, I have to request the rep to get me a reservation.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been searching from February for next year. This is frustrating. So I decide to chat with the "Chat" bottom on my website. She could not find any availability before 3/8/2017. She said that I was too late. She said that other grabbed it. She was able to book for me for a week starting 3/11. I asked her how she could go beyond 3/8, 13 weeks in advance. She said just search 15 days before and after 3/8/2017 ( I do not see that I have the options on today, 2/8/2016. She did not tell me what changed. I am still not happy that I can not do it myself. I guess that from now on, I have to request the rep to get me a reservation.

There is now every day check-in date from Feb 22, 2017 to end of March and beyond. I don't know where this inventory come from (cancellation/deed week/DRI rental/hold for other Collections since we arrive at the 10 months window) but it may interest you.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
If you rent from an KBC owner, must you pay the resort fee?

If you rent from an KBC owner, must you pay the resort fee?