• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just When You Thought Prices Couldn't Go Lower

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the truth about buying timeshares retail was ever publicized then developer sales would be finished. Unfortunatelly there are too many unsuspecting people on vacation who for $100 will go into the den of thieves and be convinced that $20,000 to $40,000 for a week is a great deal. They will sign, the time to rescind will pass, and they will be financing that mistake for decades to come.

With the current economic situation less people will be able to be financed, less people will be vacationing at places where the sharks "invite" ususpecting lambs to the slaughter, but the big players at big resorts will survive on far fewer sales. I fully expect to see several developers totally quit building new resorts, if not cease sales altogether. Unfortunatelly there will always be more uninformed people thinking they are getting $100 for nothing but 90 minutes of their time, and that $100 moment of greed will be the worst mistake they ever made.

I do hope that all the developers go broke, but like con men, most will find a way to survive.

Last edited:

PerryM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget THE most important question...

Timeshare development is finished. All that is left is the screaming and the shouting.

I think that after timeshares takes a huge thumping they will be back pretending nothing ever happened. Some developers, like Disney, might not even feel a bump.

One of my fondest questions will be if Marriott ever starts to haggle with their listed prices. They are the stalwart of “No negotiating on price under any circumstances (take no prisoners)”, like that ever stopped someone asking for a discount on the Marriott web site looking to rent a timeshare villa.

I always got a kick out of the fact that buying 3 Marriott weeks cost 3 * 1 week. No quantity discounts allowed or the Marriott owner adding another week to get that 13 month priority for reservations – screw the frequent buyer discount too.

2009 is going to be a fun year to watch all those wizards running the timeshare organizations.

But they will be back and THE MOST important timeshare question will be the freebie gifts - will desperation cause the developers to increase their value or will they look to the airline industry and just serve warm sodas. That's the question that I'm most interested in.

Last edited:

fraser921

Banned
Reaction score
Part of the fun dealing with folks really hurting ...This is great sport.

Arent you an affable fellow

tell me when you get cancer, so we all can have a good laugh!

PerryM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Figure out which side of the table to sit at...

Part of the fun dealing with folks really hurting ...This is great sport.

Arent you an affable fellow

tell me when you get cancer, so we all can have a good laugh!

I play both sides of the timeshare transaction – sometimes I’m a buyer and sometimes I’m a seller.

As a buyer I could care less what calamities have gotten our seller to the point of selling a timeshare that cost him thousands of dollars for $1 on eBay. I don’t care if he got a divorce, got cancer, lost his job and is living in his car – my job is to wrangle every penny out of the seller possible.

As a seller I don’t care a whit about the buyer – I know he is a bottom sucking piece of trash that I’m going to try to get more money out of.

Where folks get into trouble is getting confused as to what side of the table to sit at. That’s exactly how our stupid government gets us into crisis after crisis – they try to be on both sides of the table at the same time.

It’s no different than watching your favorite football team play and our guys just creamed the QB and he’s laying there all broken up – sure we say “too bad” but we mean “too bad” and secretly smile.

But thanks for the warm thoughts (I guess as the radiation pours thru my body killing everything in its path – like a microwave).

Last edited:

Steve

Reaction score
Enough already.

Some of the posts in this thread are in really poor taste. It's not funny to make light of people who are down on their luck at any time...but especially not in this difficult economy.

Furthermore, posting ever more outrageous statements in an attempt to get attention is not very constructive. I think this thread has, unfortunately, worn out its welcome. Like several others recently, it has been hijacked by a few people who want to argue, bash, and berate.

Thread closed.

Steve
TUG Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.