• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just tell me it’s all going to be OK (Interval IT)

Olienh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Molokai, Maui & Lanai towers 2BR OV Annual (pending)
Hi all,

I am in my first year of resale week ownership and learning my way around the system. I love researching vacations and planning the best trip for my family. We own a floating 2BR ocean view week in the original Maui Ocean Club. In April we will be using our full villa for the first time and in 2022 I deposited the studio half, week 7, into II to try to get a second week on another island. I’ll be patient there.
My anxiety comes from the latency between doing something over the phone and the 48 hour delay in it showing up on my MVC account online. Holy smokes! It’s stressful!

I called in at 9am ET this morning to book the 1BR side of my 2022 week for an February 26th check-in. I got all of the confirmations via email and on the Marriott.com site, but they still don’t show up on the owner’s site. Last week I canceled a reservation with the same 1BR and it took 48 hours to reflect in my owners account, even though I received immediate confirmation via email and Marriott.com.
As a Marriott lifetime Titanium with 1300+ nights, I am so accustomed to the immediate, real-time data on the Marriott app and site.
Is this delay normal? Should I chill out?
I also work in technology for Customer Experience so maybe I expect too much.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I agree with Jeremy - Marriott IT doesn’t perform the same as the cash-paying hotel customer expects. It’s a bummer.

I am curious about your 2022 travel -when did you say you booked for 2022? February 2022?

Also, where do you think you want to go? Trading a Studio and hoping for a 1BR certainly can be done, but it’s not automatic. Ko Olina and Kauai Beach Club are possible to get a 1BR. Waiohai will be near impossible.
What is your target?

Best,

Greg

Olienh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree with Jeremy - Marriott IT doesn’t perform the same as the cash-paying hotel customer expects. It’s a bummer.

I am curious about your 2022 travel -when did you say you booked for 2022? February 2022?

Also, where do you think you want to go? Trading a Studio and hoping for a 1BR certainly can be done, but it’s not automatic. Ko Olina and Kauai Beach Club are possible to get a 1BR. Waiohai will be near impossible.
What is your target?

Best,

Greg

I booked my 1BR side for February 26th check-in at MMO. We are hoping to get an exchange for the following week at Ko Olina, Waikoloa or Waiohai. I was thinking about expanding my ongoing search to include the Westins, Sheratons and Kauai Beach Club. If I modify (expand) my exchange request, does that put me back at the end of the line? My exchanged week was Presidents week (7), so I am hoping that give me some good mojo in the exchange. :cool:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I booked my 1BR side for February 26th check-in at MMO. We are hoping to get an exchange for the following week at Ko Olina, Waikoloa or Waiohai. I was thinking about expanding my ongoing search to include the Westins, Sheratons and Kauai Beach Club. If I modify (expand) my exchange request, does that put me back at the end of the line? My exchanged week was Presidents week (7), so I am hoping that give me some good mojo in the exchange. :cool:
There really is no line when trading through II. THe person with the most trade power wins. So if you have a request in today and someone comes along with the same request three weeks from now but their deposit has more trade power, then they get the confirmed trade first even though you had the request in before they did. So no need to worry about modifying requests.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
May depend on how many people added on to President's week which was the busiest of the 8 weeks we have spent here. And that was Kauai, which is probably the least traveled these days.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would add as many as works for you since you are pretty locked in for the time frame. I'd add the week before and after your Maui week if you can and haven't already. Also realize that you may match to a Friday, Saturday or Sunday arrival so you may have some separation or overlap. If this is not acceptable, you can call but can't fix it online be be a certain arrival day. However, if you specify more specifically, you reduce your chances of getting anything.

Olienh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did expand my timeframe and ended up getting an exchange into a Studio at Ko Olina, checking in on the 19th. I would really prefer a March 5th checkin but I could make the 19th work. I will consult with DW today to see if we hold onto this one or roll the dice on another exchange.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did expand my timeframe and ended up getting an exchange into a Studio at Ko Olina, checking in on the 19th. I would really prefer a March 5th checkin but I could make the 19th work. I will consult with DW today to see if we hold onto this one or roll the dice on another exchange.
For a 1 BR I think your odds are pretty good for either of those weeks searching now. You could either cancel and have them reinstitute your search or you could keep it and look to retrace to a different unit or week. I'd probably cancel and limit to 1 BR or above for either week. Do so within 24 hours of the match and you should be whole.

Olienh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Question for the group, how do you cancel within 24 hours when Interval's call center is closed on Sundays? I don't see any online cancellation or reject option except for ePlus. I shouldn't have to use one of my ePlus exchanges within 24 hours, I assume. I received the exchange confirmation at 4am this morning, so 24 hours would put me at 4am Monday morning and their call centers don't open until 9am. Am I missing the easy "reject confirmation" button? :cool:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for the group, how do you cancel within 24 hours when Interval's call center is closed on Sundays? I don't see any online cancellation or reject option except for ePlus. I shouldn't have to use one of my ePlus exchanges within 24 hours, I assume. I received the exchange confirmation at 4am this morning, so 24 hours would put me at 4am Monday morning and their call centers don't open until 9am. Am I missing the easy "reject confirmation" button? :cool:
Just call them tomorrow morning.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, II does not let us cancel online. (Unbelievable, I know.)
You have 24 hours to CALL to cancel. On a Sunday, for peace of mind, I write to them; then follow up with Call first thing Monday morning.
At the bottom of every II webpage is a link to Customer Support. Follow that, and you will find the Email Us link.

Because there are so many developer weeks deposited, Ko Olina is an easy trade for Marriott owners. Especially for someone trading week 7 at MMO. You are at the top of the food chain, except for "unit size". You will get the 1br for the preferred week, if you are patient. This is the hard part. We cannot tell you if it will match in a week, a month or six months. Some people can't take that uncertainty.
One year in advance is very early for a trade, so you are in a good position with your search already in place. Ask II to limit the search so it does not accept a studio (you pre-authorize that you will pay the "upsize" fee to a 1br or 2br.) Also, limit the search to match whatever your check-in date is on your Owner reservation.

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club

I am fairly certain that the 24 hour time limit over a Sunday rolls into Monday and just subtracts the Sunday time. IICR, the last time that happened to me I had until midnight Monday but things change so check with II when you call them. Would be helpful if you would post the answer!

Olienh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I called in at 9am ET on Monday, they were able to process an exception (without hesitation) through their supervisor. I had also sent an email to support, which they responded to by Noon on Monday. There wasn't a problem cancelling, but I would follow the same process again if I got a confirmation on a Sunday. Email immediately and follow up at 9am.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
When I called in at 9am ET on Monday, they were able to process an exception (without hesitation) through their supervisor. I had also sent an email to support...,
My situation is the same--confirmation email sent 12:54 a.m. Sunday & 3 II phone numbers I called said they're closed. For 11 years I've known the 24-hour time limit and am concerned. I've emailed and will call tomorrow. 6 a.m. my time is 9 a.m. in Florida. Thanks everyone for easing my fears.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
UPDATE: At 8:30 this morning, I received an email reply from II as follows:
"Dear -----:
Thank you for your email inquiry. I will be happy to assist you.
If you wish to cancel please confirm by email and we will cancel for
you.
Thank you for contacting us. It has been a pleasure servicing you.
Kind Regards,
Stephanie"

The exchange still shows up under My History, so I'll call in the morning to verify it's being canceled.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
UPDATE: At 8:30 this morning, I received an email reply from II as follows:
"Dear -----:
Thank you for your email inquiry. I will be happy to assist you.
If you wish to cancel please confirm by email and we will cancel for
you.
Thank you for contacting us. It has been a pleasure servicing you.
Kind Regards,
Stephanie"

The exchange still shows up under My History, so I'll call in the morning to verify it's being canceled.
Did you reply to confirm you wanted it cancelled? Likely someone hasn't gotten around to processing the email.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Yes, I emailed a reply and this afternoon I saw that my request was back as before. The email was processed. I then tried to change the dates, and of course it bumped right back to Thursday. But it's good to know that when they're closed on Sunday, an email will get their attention and there's a fast response.

Tomorrow morning, I'm having cataract surgery at 7 a.m., so having to deal with a phone call to Florida is a PITA. Judging the importance of my eyes or my timeshare--which wins out?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I emailed a reply and this afternoon I saw that my request was back as before. The email was processed. I then tried to change the dates, and of course it bumped right back to Thursday. But it's good to know that when they're closed on Sunday, an email will get their attention and there's a fast response.

Tomorrow morning, I'm having cataract surgery at 7 a.m., so having to deal with a phone call to Florida is a PITA. Judging the importance of my eyes or my timeshare--which wins out?
This is what happens when you set up a search online. They won't simply confirm you to a Thursday unit or any non weekend check in, they'll check in with you. They will Automatically confirm you to a Friday, Sat or Sunday check in. You can call and have them restrict it further. They usually won't do this by email though at least in the past. They also often make you remove any specific request from your search if you cancel it, at least in some situations.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I apologize is I'm spending too much time on this thread, but I just saw this email from II (2:37 p.m., maybe ET?):

Dear ...,
Thank you for your reply regarding Exchange .......... Per your request,
I have declined the offer for Marriott's xxxxxxxxxxxx,
check-in, December 17, 2021, check-out, December 24, 2021, xxxxxxx.
Should you wish to make adjustments to your Pending Request, you
are able to do so online or you can also call in to speak with a
representative directly for further assistance.
Sincerely,
Brandi H.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
For a 1 BR I think your odds are pretty good for either of those weeks searching now. You could either cancel and have them reinstitute your search or you could keep it and look to retrace to a different unit or week. I'd probably cancel and limit to 1 BR or above for either week. Do so within 24 hours of the match and you should be whole.
Quick ?- did something change- I always thought that an ongoing search was limited to the same size, and you couldn’t restrict it to something larger unless the resort requested didn’t have smaller units. If searching with a studio can you request only 1BR or larger?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick ?- did something change- I always thought that an ongoing search was limited to the same size, and you couldn’t restrict it to something larger unless the resort requested didn’t have smaller units. If searching with a studio can you request only 1BR or larger?
II has changed to allowing you to request larger units but charging you if you match larger. The based price is $99 per each size upgrade discounted if you pay for an II upgraded membership. When you start or review an OGS, it allows you to chose unit size and kitchen options so you can filter out those that don't fit your needs.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
II has changed to allowing you to request larger units but charging you if you match larger. The based price is $99 per each size upgrade discounted if you pay for an II upgraded membership. When you start or review an OGS, it allows you to chose unit size and kitchen options so you can filter out those that don't fit your needs.
Thanks! I of course knew about the upgrade fee but have been doing manual searches- didn’t realize you could limit requests to larger units. Nice!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I of course knew about the upgrade fee but have been doing manual searches- didn’t realize you could limit requests to larger units. Nice!
It is a nice option especially when one has very specifics needs and/or you are searching with a smaller unit particularly a studio. Obviously the chance of a successful match is less for some situations but at least you're not stuck with matches you have to undo because they don't work or have to avoid certain resorts.