• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Realized THEO has been MIA

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Has anyone heard from Theo recently? Somehow I have no seen any Theo posts in quite a long time.

Maybe I missed them somehow? Hoping all is well.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent him a PM last week. He replied, saying he had lost both his wife and mother in the last year and wasn't spending much time on TUG. He is readying to spend some time in Florida over Winter. I got the idea that he is well.

Jim

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I sent him a PM last week. He replied, saying he had lost both his wife and mother in the last year and wasn't spending much time on TUG. He is readying to spend some time in Florida over Winter. I got the idea that he is well.

Jim

Aaah.. I noticed his absence. Sorry to hear about the loss of his wife and mother. Terrible. And both in the same year.

Glad he seems well at least.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Thank you, Jim, for checking on him.

Theo, if you're reading, we miss you!

geekette

Reaction score

Jim
Oh! How awful, such a big double whammy. I hope a FL winter is just what he needs as I can't imagine what, if anything, could heal those kinds of holes in the heart. Time and whiskey, maybe.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I've always enjoyed his posts and he has given me valuable information in response to my questions in the past. I'm sorry to read that he has suffered such losses.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
When I lost my husband I withdrew from tug. I was a silent reader on tug prior to the loss. I even stopped timesharing for awhile as it was just to painful with the memories of us enjoying timeshares. I did find my way back home a few years ago.

I always enjoy @theo posts and look forward to his return.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I lost my husband I withdrew from tug. I was a silent reader on tug prior to the loss. I even stopped timesharing for awhile as it was just to painful with the memories of us enjoying timeshares. I did find my way back home a few years ago.

Theo told me that he had lost interest in traveling. I understand when one wants to share travel and expriences with loved ones, it just isn't as much fun alone. I hope he finds a kindred spirit to get sharing life's pleasures and 'adventures'. I wish him pleasant escape from Maine's winters.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I love the sense of community on TUG.

As I've said before, "This is the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had." :)

Dave

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Theo, we have missed you from our TUG family. Please keep busy during something that you can enjoy reading, traveling, walking, playing golf or tennis or even reading TUG.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife and mother. There are somethings you can replace. But the loss of individuals that you Love ❤️ is very difference IMHO.

In the passed five (5) years. I have loss my Mother-in-Law, two (2) Aunts, a Brother-in-Law, two (2) very close friends and three (3) weeks ago, I loss my only Brother in Maryland. A retired Navy veteran.

It has been very rough at times for me. I wake up early in morning liked today and I read my Bible first and then I will read the TUG website. Then I may play some card games on the internet.

Theo, Please enjoy your stay in the sunshine state. But most of all keep the Faith and stay Busy.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

I enjoy your posts too, glad you are back.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Sorry to hear the trials that Theo has been through this year. Hopefully the folks on Tug will help ease some of the pain. I'm glad to hear that he's spending time in the warmth of the sun.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Theo, thanks for all of your wisdom, humor, insights, and encouragement over the years. I'm so sorry to hear of the losses this year, and hope a winter in Florida will provide a respite and rejuvenation.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I love the sense of community on TUG.

As I've said before, "This is the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had." :)

Dave

I agree, I love this group. Everyone has been so helpful, and kind. I’m grateful that I found this group years ago and have had some amazing vacations.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings to all --- and sincere thanks for your kind thoughts and expressions of concern.

In recent months, I've mostly thrown myself "full tilt" into assorted landscaping and home maintenance and alteration projects, also handling various estate matters for my late mother; satisfying and productive displacements / diversions providing plenty of quiet time for personal introspection and reflection. I have spent very little time checking on and / or posting to TUG forums and have rented out all but one week of our timeshares, although I will indeed be heading south to FL (God willing) in late February / March, packing a fishing rod and a whole lot of great memories to travel along with me.

Life goes on. Thanks again for your kind thoughts and concerns. Be well, all.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Greetings to all --- and sincere thanks for your kind thoughts and expressions of concern.

In recent months, I've mostly thrown myself into assorted landscaping and home maintenance and alteration projects, in between handling estate matters for my late mother --- good and productive displacements/ diversions providing plenty of time for introspection and reflection. Have spent very little time checking on / posting to TUG forums and I have rented out all but one week of our timeshares, although I will head south for a week or so in late February / March, packing a fishing rod and shorts and a lot of good memories.

Life goes on. Thanks again for your thoughts and concerns. Be well, all.

THEO! So great to hear from you! You can see we all missed you! Condolences on your losses. A very tough year for you.

Glad to see you have kept yourself busy. Good therapy. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

In recent months, I've mostly thrown myself into assorted landscaping and home maintenance and alteration projects, in between handling estate matters for my late mother --- good and productive displacements/ diversions providing plenty of time for introspection and reflection. Have spent very little time checking on / posting to TUG forums and I have rented out all but one week of our timeshares, although I will head south for a week or so in late February / March, packing a fishing rod and shorts and a lot of good memories.

Life goes on. Thanks again for your thoughts and concerns. Be well, all.
Theo, I’ve always enjoyed reading your posts. I’m so very sorry for the loss of your mother and wife. Take good care and enjoy FL