• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just put an offer on a Bluegreen

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
I won't say too much more because the deal isn't for sure yet, but everyone knows how hard I've been examining timeshare systems.

When it came down to it, one resort that's in Bluegreen has held my heart for 20 years now. I decided that even though I'd like to travel and see a few more things in other places, that spot is home to me in a way that few places can be. You see, the resort is built practically on top of the vacation spot that my parents went to every year when I was young in the 1960s and 1970s.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hope it passes rofr! seems like BG has been exercising that alot more lately.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
It was through Pinnacle. I think it may pass ROFR because it's Pinnacle selling it.

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages (Bella Phase)
Fiesta Americana Vacation Club - Cancun Villas & Los Cabos Villas
Bluegreen - The Club at Big Bear & The Fountains, Orlando
Congrats! I got access to my Bluegreen transfer timeshares a couple months ago and we’ve already gone once and loved it.

As far as ROFR goes, even without Pinnacle, I think Bluegreen only exercises ROFR in rare circumstances or on certain properties. Both of my resale purchases were from private party and were dirt cheap, sub-$1k prices. If they were exercising ROFR, that would’ve been the time!

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats, you will be fine using Pinnacle. Enjoy it. Hope to see you out there at one of our favorite Bluegreen resorts soon. AL.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
OK, the sale is taking forever to grind through the system, but it's because it's a fixed and deeded week. I picked up a Shore Crest I oceanfront unit on a week 37 just after Labor Day (our favorite week in Myrtle Beach, actually). The title company has to get the deed from Horry County, SC to close. (That's pronounced "Oh-Ree" for those of you not aware. Don't say it differently to the locals! :) )

I've contacted Pinnacle and let them know that we can release the 2021 maintenance fee to the current owners for use of the unit this year to work out the details and put that in as a credit on the closing costs. I think the title company, Sterling Title Partners, is still hung up on that deed and the written contract though. We may not get to use it this year because of the pain in the closing with fixed week and Covid shutdowns at the county land offices.

If I'd picked up the points contract instead, I'd likely be through with the process by now. But I really wanted that particular week since it's a favorite, and I don't plan on actually trading this unit out much. Besides, fixed week maintenance fee costs are a bit lower though the RCI membership makes the maintenance fee a wash.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
Bluegreen Shore Crest is located a few hundred yards from the old Ponderosa campground site. The campground was on the Ocean Creek grounds. I spent many a misspent hour of youth in that campground and using a seine net in the swash with my cousin. That swash is cut deeper and narrower now than it was 50 years ago, but it's still in roughly the same spot.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne
Congrats! I got access to my Bluegreen transfer timeshares a couple months ago and we’ve already gone once and loved it.

As far as ROFR goes, even without Pinnacle, I think Bluegreen only exercises ROFR in rare circumstances or on certain properties. Both of my resale purchases were from private party and were dirt cheap, sub-$1k prices. If they were exercising ROFR, that would’ve been the time!

Not in my experience. We are 0/5 in 2021 from eBay listings. Closed on another one last week. We have only tried purchasing Boyne and Christmas Mtn due to bonus time access.

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages (Bella Phase)
Fiesta Americana Vacation Club - Cancun Villas & Los Cabos Villas
Bluegreen - The Club at Big Bear & The Fountains, Orlando
Not in my experience. We are 0/5 in 2021 from eBay listings. Closed on another one last week. We have only tried purchasing Boyne and Christmas Mtn due to bonus time access.
Sorry to hear that, I got in at the Club at Big Bear and Fountains Location. I would assume that Fountains is no big deal being in Orlando, probably plenty of inventory... Big Bear I'm surprised I passed ROFR but oh well... happy to have it now! Wish you luck with a future resale purchase, both of mine were off the TUG marketplace.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
I am still waiting on that deed to finally be recorded. The delay is because it is a fixed week deed and not a points package. (I'm likely going to live to regret that....though that week is awesome and we negotiated the stay this year at the resort) I still am very happy to have added this week.

Just getting antsy. It's been forever, and I'd like to try my luck with bonus time at the resort.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I am still waiting on that deed to finally be recorded. The delay is because it is a fixed week deed and not a points package. (I'm likely going to live to regret that....though that week is awesome and we negotiated the stay this year at the resort) I still am very happy to have added this week.

Just getting antsy. It's been forever, and I'd like to try my luck with bonus time at the resort.

Congratulations, it will happen soon and I know in the long run you'll be happy with your fixed week.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
What me and the Dearly Beloved are hoping is that once the Bluegreen unit is recorded in RCI as ours, we'll start seeing more Bluegreen units in our feed. We noticed that when Massanutten aligned with Vacation Village, we started seeing a lot of those resorts. In fact we stayed a ridiculous number of weeks (like 10 weeks!) in the Vacation Village at Parkway during the year that we had Disney season passes and my DB had to keep flying to Florida for work.