• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Just purchased Wyndham Timeshare - Need to Rescind

Megleah87xx

Reaction score
Just thought I would let everyone know that our money was refunded from cards today From time They received rescinding letter To money returned was a total of 5 days. Cards were cancelled. Be encouraged to anyone who is waiting. Again thanks TUG
Awesome. My recent process was a painless one (thank goodness) as well. I do have a question for you regarding your Wyndham credit cards. I recently rescinded and received my refund to my cards. I want to cancel the cards. I’m still in the process of shutting the Visa cards down (myself and husband’s) but can’t get through to a rep after hours and hours on hold, but hopefully I’ll get there! Now my question is, after you cancelled the Visa cards, did you also have to call the 2nd number on the back of the card for the “Wyndham rewards program” to cancel membership in that as well? Someone said I should but others are saying that it might be be canceled if you rescinded a timeshare contract. Just want some feedback before I possibly wait hours on the phone and curious to as if you did anything. Would like to save some time.
-Meg

kardop25

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Vacation Resorts
I just purchased a timeshare through Wyndham Vacation Resorts on Sunday 2-22-2015. I woke up on Monday and decided to do research and realized I was out of my mind for doing this. There is a 5 day period per my contract that allows me to cancel. It says this:

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF THE CONTRACT. CANCELLATION MUST BE IN WRITING AND IF SENT BY MAIL, ADDRESSED TO SELLER, ATTENTION: ACCOUNT CONTROLS AND ADMINISTRATION-RESCISSION DEPARTMENT AT 10750 WEST CHARLESTON BOULEVARD, SUITE 130, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89135; OR P.O. BOX 94443, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89193. CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL CANNOT BE WAIVED.

I sent my letter yesterday 2-23-2015 to the P.O. Box address via USPS Priority mail express with a return receipt requested. They said express is considered certified mail. I kept my receipt and a copy of the shipment (postmarked 2-23-2015).

My signed letter was as followed:

My Name
Address
Phone #
Email

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Account Controls and Administration-Rescission Department
P.O. Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

February 23, 2015

Attention Customer Service,

The purpose of this letter is regarding the required cancellation of my timeshare contract. My name is (My Name) and I purchased a timeshare with Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc on February 22, 2015. Per the contract regarding this timeshare, I am contacting you within the rescission period in order to cancel this timeshare contract.

I wish to cancel this agreement immediately, Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx, dated February 22, 2015. Please provide me with a written response showing you have received this letter within the rescission period. Additionally, please inform me if any additional information is needed.

Timeshare: Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Owner: My Name
Contract Number: xxxxx-xxxxxxx
Member Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Purchase: February 22, 2015

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

**My Name

I met all of the requirements they said in the contract. I guess I just sit and wait now? Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks.
I have mailed out the rescind letter to Wyndham Vacation Resorts (USPS/Certified/Return receipt) two days after making a purchase in Nevada. The one of many concerns I have is that the wording in my contract is a bit different from the OP post. This is left out:

CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED

Should I be worried? Do you think they need the letter in their hands before the 5 days are up?

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have mailed out the rescind letter to Wyndham Vacation Resorts (USPS/Certified/Return receipt) two days after making a purchase in Nevada. The one of many concerns I have is that the wording in my contract is a bit different from the OP post. This is left out:

CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MOMENT THE LETTER IS POSTMARKED. IF SENT BY MAIL, THE LETTER MAY BE CERTIFIED WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED

Should I be worried? Do you think they need the letter in their hands before the 5 days are up?
No, they don’t. The postmark is all that matters. Relax and have a cold drink.

kardop25

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Vacation Resorts
No, they don’t. The postmark is all that matters. Relax and have a cold drink.
I've been a customer with them for 15 years and always said I would never fall for their ploys again. Somehow I was convinced to buy more points to be able to release all the equity gained through the years and to have the ability now to sell the timeshare if I pleased...all BS after reading through countless posts in this very helpful forum. I got home 2 days later and knew I made a mistake. This has caused me a ton of stress...I hope it gets canceled quickly. Thanks for your help.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As per half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

kardop25

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Vacation Resorts
To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As per half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.
I haven't saved anything yet until the rescind goes through. I will make sure to post once all the $ is refunded and I can breathe again.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I haven't saved anything yet until the rescind goes through. I will make sure to post once all the $ is refunded and I can breathe again.
@kardop25 We hope your rescission and refund went well. Merely to track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing the purchase price of the Hilton TS you rescinded? As half tuggers initially bought developer/retail timeshares, there is no shame.

kardop25

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Vacation Resorts
@kardop25 We hope your rescission and refund went well. Merely to track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing the purchase price of the Hilton TS you rescinded? As half tuggers initially bought developer/retail timeshares, there is no shame.
My Wyndham Resorts rescission and refund was successful. I want to thank everyone on this forum for all help, advice, and keeping me sane through this process. I'll never make this mistake again.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My Wyndham Resorts rescission and refund was successful. I want to thank everyone on this forum for all help, advice, and keeping me sane through this process. I'll never make this mistake again.
Mind sharing how much you saved? As half tuggers initially bought developer/retail timeshares, there is no shame.

Kffb

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello guys!
New here.. so me and my husband made the mistake buying the Wyndham timeshare, after thinking through and feeling sick about what we had sign we decided to cancel and I found this forum! I already sent the letter and everything,I’m just going to make sure we sent certified letter or just priority and if it was sent just priority we will send it again certified. But my question is, my husband lost his wallet with the credit card we paid the down payment with and he had to cancel the card for that reason, do you guys know how the refund is going to work since we canceled the card we paid with?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hello guys!
New here.. so me and my husband made the mistake buying the Wyndham timeshare, after thinking through and feeling sick about what we had sign we decided to cancel and I found this forum! I already sent the letter and everything,I’m just going to make sure we sent certified letter or just priority and if it was sent just priority we will send it again certified. But my question is, my husband lost his wallet with the credit card we paid the down payment with and he had to cancel the card for that reason, do you guys know how the refund is going to work since we canceled the card we paid with?
As long as you had your bank reissue a new card, the bank your credit card is with will be able to track the refund properly. They know your old number and the credit is usually processed via a different tracking number than the credit card number. So the refund shouldn't be an issue.

Congrats on realizing soon enough that it wasn't a good deal and being able to rescind. Too many people find out too late.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello guys!
We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Skyblue82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
My husband and I signed the paperwork last Tuesday and on Wednesday I already had a sinking feeling it was a mistake. They swore up and down we were getting such a good deal and timeshares were half off. They quoted us $27,000 as the full price so I figured $13,500 didn't sound too bad, since our salesperson made it sound like we would have complete flexibility with our destinations and our timing, and the only issue would be peak season dates would cost more points, which seemed completely reasonable to me. However, when we get the numbers back, they only have a 126,000 package ( we were quoted on 100,000) so now the price with the fees is around $19,000. Plus, we were promised a 90 min presentation and a 15 min closing, and altogether we were there for 5 hours. Anyways, I was already feeling pretty iffy about the raised price but I felt like it was too late to pump the brakes. Anyways, the next day I go online to check out possible places for spring break and none of the offerings are even close to the hotel we were at- we toured the Wyndham on Clearwater Beach which was absolutely beautiful but none of the options I was able to get looked like that. The kicker was our "free" trip for listening is only free if we stay at some podunk resort in the middle of Florida (and not Orlando or any tourist areas) on a Sunday to Sunday in the middle of January. Anything more convenient will require upgrade fees not terribly lower (or in some cases not lower at all) than if I were to go on booking.com and pay entirely out of pocket. I was furious. The day we signed was our last day in Clearwater Beach and we only went in because the guy said he would give us free tickets to the Aquarium which we ended up not being able to use since the damn thing took so long. So, I drafted my letter and sent it in 2 days after we signed the paperwork, which was 5 days ago. I have confirmation they received my letter this morning, but I have not heard anything from them yet. I am still nervous they will find some i not dotted or t not crossed and just hold on to the letter and let the time pass by. I followed the instructions but I am very very nervous. I also did not send certified (I was worried they wouldn't sign for it) but I did pay for tracking. Should I resend certified?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could---Florida is 10 days, and if you signed last Tuesday today is day 8. It will give you more peace of mind. But, provided you followed the instructions faithfully, you are probably fine. As far as I know, Wyndham doesn't play games with rescissions that are done within the legal period.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have no obligation to let you know that they received your rescission paperwork. However, they are required by law to act on it.

With that said, you will likely received your refund within a 45 day time frame.

Good move to rescind, Now look at the resale bargains before biting the apple again.

Welcome to TUG.

Skyblue82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
They have no obligation to let you know that they received your rescission paperwork. However, they are required by law to act on it.

With that said, you will likely received your refund within a 45 day time frame.

Good move to rescind, Now look at the resale bargains before biting the apple again.

Welcome to TUG.

I get that they don't have to tell me, but then how will I know it went through until after it's too late?

Nevermind, reading the older posts it sounds like this just the way cookie crumbles.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I get that they don't have to tell me, but then how will I know it went through until after it's too late?

Nevermind, reading the older posts it sounds like this just the way cookie crumbles.
You send it via some traceable method. Usually certified mail.

Skyblue82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
You send it via some traceable method. Usually certified mail.

Well I already did that and per USPS, they've received it today. But I am concerned there is some nuance I missed while writing the letter and they won't tell me until my days are up.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I already did that and per USPS, they've received it today. But I am concerned there is some nuance I missed while writing the letter and they won't tell me until my days are up.

No "nuance" to worry about if everyone who signed the purchase contract also signed the rescission letter and the letter was sent to the correct address and postmarked within the time frame identified by state law (10 days in Florida), saying nothing more than "I / We hereby rescind (insert purchase details / description here)". Period, amen --- you're done.

Remember, this right to rescind / cancel is provided by law. It's not some sort of benevolence or kindness voluntarily extended by the developer. No major U.S. developer would dare to violate the law by ignoring a properly and timely submitted contract rescission and / or fail to issue 100% refund; potential consequences would be severe.

You may not receive any form of confirmation; their only obligation is to process your rescission and isssue a 100% refund. Nonetheless, do not call to "follow up" and do not answer any incoming calls from disappointed sales reps desperately seeking to salvage the sale. No possible good can come from any such (legally meaningless anyhow) phone conversations regarding a previously executed contract.

P.S. If you are determined to buy a Wyndham points package, you can easily find one in the resale market virtually any day of the week for peanuts (or for free), in stark contrast to the $19,000 that you (almost) agreed to pay Wyndham for 126k points buying developer-direct. In fact, a TUG member (Charles11png) has just today posted a 126k Wyndham points ownership for free, even offering to pay the transfer fees himself. That said, bear in mind that being able to reserve space when and where you actually want to travel using your points is another matter entirely; availability always rules.

Btw, that (nearly brand new) Clearwater Beach property that you visited is literally the only Wyndham timeshare to be found anywhere in all of SW (Gulf Coast) FL.

Last edited:

Skyblue82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
No "nuance" to worry about if everyone who signed the purchase contract also signed the rescission letter and the letter was sent to the correct address and postmarked within the time frame identified by state law (10 days in Florida), saying nothing more than "I / We hereby rescind (insert purchase details / description here)". You're done.

Remember, this right to rescind / cancel is one provided by law. It's not some sort of benevolence or kindness voluntarily offered by the developer. No major U.S. developer would dare to violate the law by ignoring a properly and timely submitted contract rescission and / or fail to issue 100% refund; potential consequences would be severe.

By the way, do not call later to "follow up" and do not answer any incoming calls from disappointed sales reps looking to salvage the sale. No possible good can come from any such (legally meaningless anyhow) phone conversations regarding a previously executed contract.

P.S. If you are bound and determined to buy a Wyndham points package, you can easily find one in the resale market virtually any day of the week for just pennies on the dollar (or less) compared to what you almost paid Wyndham buying developer-direct. That said, being able to reserve time when and where you actually want to travel is another matter. That (nearly brand new) Clearwater Beach property you visited is literally the only Wyndham timeshare to be found anywhere in all of SW (Gulf) Florida, for example.

I know you're right, and it sounds like everyone who has written in here has been successful canceling, it just makes me nervous because I can prove they received something I sent them, but I have no way to prove that the letter they received contained all the information required (name, signatures, contract number, etc). I wish I had never signed in the first place. Lesson learned.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you're right, and it sounds like everyone who has written in here has been successful canceling, it just makes me nervous because I can prove they received something I sent them, but I have no way to prove that the letter they received contained all the information required (name, signatures, contract number, etc). I wish I had never signed in the first place. Lesson learned.

They will not play games with your rescission. They have people who's only job is to effectuate rescissions, and there is no incentive for them to cheat you.

Skyblue82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
They will not play games with your rescission. They have people who's only job is to effectuate rescissions, and there is no incentive for them to cheat you.
Well that is good to hear. Thank you.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I had never signed in the first place. Lesson learned.

No need to beat yourself up over this. These TUG boards are chocked full of people who signed like you did. You're one of the fortunate ones who found TUG in time to rescind. Many others didn't.

Now that you know of and are part of TUG, use the information here to do research and decide if owning a TS (even if one is available for free) is right for you. A good option for someone in your shoes for future vacations is to rent so you can "try before you buy". There are many rentals available out there, often for less than the MFs. You can use TUG's Last Minute Rentals section to find one if you can travel within 45 days for $800/week or less. You can also advertise there for free that you are looking for a rental within the next 45 days. Chances are a fellow TUGger will have a points package and can arrange a rental for you.

Skyblue82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
No need to beat yourself up over this. These TUG boards are chocked full of people who signed like you did. You're one of the fortunate ones who found TUG in time to rescind. Many others didn't.

Now that you know of and are part of TUG, use the information here to do research and decide if owning a TS (even if one is available for free) is right for you. A good option for someone in your shoes for future vacations is to rent so you can "try before you buy". There are many rentals available out there, often for less than the MFs. You can use TUG's Last Minute Rentals section to find one if you can travel within 45 days for $800/week or less. You can also advertise there for free that you are looking for a rental within the next 45 days. Chances are a fellow TUGger will have a points package and can arrange a rental for you.

Good idea. I actually do like the Wyndham timeshare logistics vs other time share options I've seen- the way they have it set up is a lot like rewards programs for hotels and it does appear you can use for both destinations and timing at your complete discretion, with of course the caveat that you're going to need more points for certain times and places, which is totally fair. It isn't a bad set up, just not worth $19,000 plus maintenance fees and I was completely out of my mind to think it was. I may look at resale at some point, but at this time I just want out of the timeshare world completely.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually do like the Wyndham timeshare logistics vs other time share options I've seen- the way they have it set up is a lot like rewards programs for hotels and it does appear you can use for both destinations and timing at your complete discretion, with of course the caveat that you're going to need more points for certain times and places, which is totally fair. It isn't a bad set up, just not worth $19,000 plus maintenance fees and I was completely out of my mind to think it was. I may look at resale at some point, but at this time I just want out of the timeshare world completely.

FREE 126k Wyndham points offered today in TUG "Free / Bargains" by member Charles11png, with all transfer fees being paid by him. Free sure beats spending $19,000. ;)

Last edited: